HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Lazerus: Bowman says Toews and Kane will be here forever

Old
09-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Can't say that I enjoyed hearing Kanes thoughts on staying his entire career in Chicago. Toews definitely sounded more excited than he did.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 02:58 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

^^ I'm sure he just doesn't want to give up his bargaining position at all.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 03:02 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
What'd he say? Any link?

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 03:07 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
What'd he say? Any link?
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 4h
Kane on staying w/ #Blackhawks forever: "I'm turning 25 this year; to say what's going to happen the rest of my career, I just don't know."

Kane said he and Toews haven't discussed long-term. "It'd be ideal to stay here but we'll cross that path when we get to it." #Blackhawks

Kane said he and Toews are concerned with this week, not "what's going to happen two years down the road." #Blackhawks

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 03:34 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Thanks. Yeah, have been too busy for Twitter today, usually I'd be right on top of that

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Kane always struck me as a player that wouldn't hesitate to leave the Hawks. I hope he stays for his career, but losing Toews would sting much more.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:09 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Can we, as an internet community of Hawks fans, agree to not speculate about this too much just yet? It's a year + down the road before anything can be done. Lets just enjoy watching them play. Worry about their next contracts when the time comes. I don't want Parise level speculation on these boards every day

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Cullksinikers

To me, it sounds like he'd rather think and talk about hockey than his future free-agent status to the media. I'm pretty sure he loves living in Chicago and wants to stay with the Blackhawks organization. Don't be concerned.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

I don't think anyone can be very concerned at this juncture. Once negotiations begin we'll get a better gauge of how he feels.

Old
09-12-2013, 09:20 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

As a Sabres and Jets fan, this really hurts.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 08:09 AM
kuzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
Hey, we saw them first

Also, off-topic I know, but I'm just curious how does one wind up a jets and sabres fan while living in Indiana and having a hawks-related username?

kuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzy View Post
Hey, we saw them first

Also, off-topic I know, but I'm just curious how does one wind up a jets and sabres fan while living in Indiana and having a hawks-related username?
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Old
09-13-2013, 08:33 AM
kuzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
And I am pretty sure you are right. Leave me alone, its early haha

kuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 09:10 AM
hawksfan50

Well what if Kane. ..reportedly in the best shape of his career..is interested and driven the entire year..and what if that tranlates to another Cup this season...and what if he finally proves he has the talent to get 100 plus points...dragging our top line to the best in the nhl with Toews and Bickell combining for 80 goals and the line for over 120 goals..what THEN is Kane's bargaining position? MAYBE this output surpasseshim over Crosby in the minds of the pundits and so IF Kane reaches such a pinnacle to his talent THEN what if the mere $9 million per for each of T and K that I was predicting on 8 yr terms will NOT be close to what his beloved hometown Sabres would ante up to get him as a UFA...what if they WOULD then be willing to go to a MAX contract...making him a $16 million per yr for 8 yrs on an $80 million cap by then deal? You can understand why Kane would not foreclose such opportunity off by guarantying Chicago fans he will remain in Chicago..only an idiot would deny himself such opportunity..So of course Rocky will not spend 20% of his cap on any one player even if such player motovates himself to become the top player in hockey...Rocky will not pay any player even 10 MILLION DOLLARS PER because that would be leaving Crosby in the dust...way behind in pay..But maybe The Sabres would pay big to bag their homeboy and trumpet him as the best hockey player in the wprld..So if Kane wants that much moolah he must elevate his production to heights Blackhawks fans never imagined he could produce...we at least get 2 years of super star greatness from him before Rocky Stan and McD say thanks and good luck..But in that scenario Kane flies the coup and we get nada bacl for hom...better If he elevates this yr to such best in the leagie status, to trade him next summer IF he refuses a reasonable twin 9million each offer for 8 yrs to match the offer onToews...so we must first see IF greed motivates him to prove he is the pinnacle of elite nhl superstars or if he just plateaus at his very good but not quite the superstar that the pundits usual cabdidates..Crosby Malkin Stamkos seem to be acknowledged as..not quite in that stratosphere..in such plateau case of his usual mere 82-88 pts..he Still will get a hefty raise to 9million by our generous Blaclhawks and so will probably stay on here..but IF greed motivates him to finally realize he can at least join if not surpass all the top superstars..if he goes from the tier just below the very best to join them at the top mayching or way surpassing their production and helping us winanother Cup..THEN his bargaining position goes through the roofand the Hawks will not be able to satisfy him wiyhout jeopardizing the team to fit their even max cap budget So while I hope greed takes him to that pinnacle this season..ironically that could spur Stan to trade him next summer before we lose him and get nada for him..you do not think he willgive us a huge hometown doscount to jettison $4-7 million More per yr for 8 yrs than even giving hom 3 million more than currently for thay term from us would entice him to stau here.? You see IF he is serious and motivated and healthy then with his talent operating every shift instead ofjust a few shifts a game then that is enough, well he actually might get to that status as the besthockey player in the world..I am skeptical because once lazy it is hard to believe motivate him he won't fall back to bad habits such that one point a night or slightly more is enough work for his talent that night on average or slightly above that...not really superstar multipoints enough...but maybe greed will motivate him to get to that next level at the very top...if so...wellenjoy the rest of his tome in Chicago...Stan willnever destroy his whole team cap just for one guy..Kane thinks he might be capable of such elevation..and $12million to even max contract per yr is possible..but even he knows the Hawks willnot pay that mucj tp one guy let alone two as the.matketing poster twins for Chicago appeared as "forevers" per Bowmans idiotic statement...Ironically if Kane ACHIEVES his max talent level by working harder more often THEN he is cementing his ticket out of Chicago...Kane is smart enough to realize this..which is why he put the hokd your horses on Stan's FOREVER dreams.Stan ought to have known better..instead he sets himself up as a laughinstock should Kane actually produce to his greed level.

Last edited by hawksfan50: 09-13-2013 at 09:50 AM.
hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Sarava

I agree with a few others. I could see Kane leaving someday...maybe even in 2 years when he is a free agent. He seems like the kind of guy that might sign with a New York City team.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 09:54 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
Benefits of stinking at just the right time in order to draft them, I guess.

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote