HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers Carnival

Old
09-11-2013, 01:29 PM
pughater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Good question.

presale of g tickets were probably 10

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 02:52 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:46 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I was stuck in court (for work), so I had to get our secretary to get my ticket today for Giroux (got the entrance ticket and Voracek ticket yesterday).

She managed to get the 2nd time option! Woohoo!!!

Old
09-12-2013, 09:55 AM
The Couturier Effect

Managed to get 2 Giroux's and a Hartnell. Can't wait!

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:05 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quick question to someone who knows the stadium layout.... I was stuck away from a computer, and I had the secretary here get my Giroux ticket...

1 problem... I explained everything to her, and totally forgot to tell her what to choose: "will call" or mailing. Of course she picked "will call" - ugggg

I called the ticket office - no way to change it, and you can't get the tickets a day before either (the day of the game on the Sat before the carnival - I will be there then too). However, I thought about it - the ticket is not until 4:30pm. Once I am in, I can go get the ticket in the afternoon before 4:30pm.

Getting the will call ticket before the event opens would put me behind for getting in line to get in.

My question is this: I assume the Stadium ticket office/will call office (should be the same according to the phone operator) has an inside window and not just an outside one, right? Does anyone remember? I am not sure I could go back outside to the outside entrance and then get back into the carnival again....

I do not think the door people would go for that....

Last edited by shipwreck: 09-12-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old
09-12-2013, 10:52 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Ok, I called the wells fargo center directly - I was told that the ticket office/"will call" office DOES have an inside window for that exact office. So, I can get inside and get that Giroux ticket later....

Old
09-12-2013, 02:17 PM
pughater

team up with someone and get the ticket bro

Old
09-12-2013, 02:30 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Well, coming up from Texas - don't have anyone else to go with me that is a Flyers fan.

I'll figure it out. If I can get it from inside, as they say, I'll be fine....

Old
09-12-2013, 02:35 PM
pughater

im sure there are a few of us going so we could help each other

Old
09-12-2013, 02:47 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Well, I'll be at the game the day before. I'll see if there is a chance I can get it the day before when I am there. I just got my ticket for the Boston game.

I hate sitting out there by the door - freezing my butt off

This year, the carnival is earlier - I only hope it isn't snowing.... I'll be on crutches too, because I can't stand up that long with my knees. Injured the cartilage years ago at a previous job. Anyway, if someone is willing to help, that would be fantastic. I guess I'll check when it gets closer.

Old
09-12-2013, 02:49 PM
pughater

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
Well, I'll be at the game the day before. I'll see if there is a chance I can get it the day before when I am there. I just got my ticket for the Boston game.

I hate sitting out there by the door - freezing my butt off

This year, the carnival is earlier - I only hope it isn't snowing.... I'll be on crutches too, because I can't stand up that long with my knees. Injured the cartilage years ago at a previous job. Anyway, if someone is willing to help, that would be fantastic. I guess I'll check when it gets closer.
ill be down with some people so im sure i can find ya and hook you up like with the photos the one year

Old
09-12-2013, 02:55 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

OK, I'll get back with ya when it gets closer.

Old
09-12-2013, 04:19 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Well, really good news... The guy at the Flyers ticket office is combining my Giroux ticket (accidentally put on will call by the person who ordered it for me) with my entry ticket and Voracek ticket I bought yesterday (that will be mailed to me). ALL will be mailed to me now.

I simply called them this morning directly - to ask about how the will call booth worked. But, the guy offered to fix my situation for me. As it's after 5pm in Philly, I was starting to wonder if I'd get a call back today afterall.

But, all worked out. That's great

Old
09-12-2013, 08:14 PM
pughater

Quote:
Well, really good news... The guy at the Flyers ticket office is combining my Giroux ticket (accidentally put on will call by the person who ordered it for me) with my entry ticket and Voracek ticket I bought yesterday (that will be mailed to me). ALL will be mailed to me now.

I simply called them this morning directly - to ask about how the will call booth worked. But, the guy offered to fix my situation for me. As it's after 5pm in Philly, I was starting to wonder if I'd get a call back today afterall.

But, all worked out. That's great

all about getting the right person. so many unhappy people yesterday who were not helped. im glad they were able to help you

Old
09-12-2013, 08:20 PM
pughater

didnt someone say giroux hasnt done a autograph signing session in public since signing his deal with a canadian group

Old
09-15-2013, 01:10 AM
iHeartHockey31

Quote:
It was not as busy last year as the year before -- with the lock out. (Lot of mad fans, it seems)

The year before, the lines were crazy due to Jagr. I missed the Jagr autograph tickets, but got a Jagr photo ticket. There was some overflow from the autograph line. Five people with pre purchased tickets didn't get their signatures. So, they brought them over to the photo line, before he even sat down.

I was standing right there as he signed, and I asked the lady if I could just give her the photo tickets, and get my stuff signed instead. She allowed it. That was cool to meet him.

I managed to catch him again in Dallas for a jersey to be signed.
I think one of the reasons it may not have been as busy was because they had a season ticket holder event [which they usually hold in the fall] the same week. All of the player autographs were free at the season ticket holder event. Normally they're a few months apart so people would go to both, but my Dad & I went to the STH one & got a bunch of stuff signed & even though we had tickets for the carnival [2 days later], there wasn't really a reason to go. I think a lot of the STH people ended up doing the same thing.

Being the event was for charity I don't think being mad about the lockout would have stopped people from going. If it was profiting the team I could see it. If the season hadn't been shortened, the events wouldn't have been so close together. [I think they did them both the same week when the team had an extended home-stay.

iHeartHockey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Gingeroux28
Doty for Cony!

I might go to the Carnival this year. However, it all depends on my fiance's work schedule. We're also thinking of doing our engagement pictures at the event.

As for autographs/pics, we're going to play it by ear this year. I've already done it before in the past and it took a massive chunk of my Carnival time (especially for Giroux's auto/photo combo in 2012!) Sometimes, the best parts of the carnival happens away from those lines. I was able to meet a newly acquired Grossmann for free, dance with Talbot and Simmonds, and play video games with Meszaros and Voracek!

Gingeroux28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 06:12 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I received my tickets in the mail Saturday.. And, the giroux ticket was in there as well. Don't have to do will call after all. That was nice that they fixed this for me...

Old
10-01-2013, 02:18 PM
pughater

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKIsMyHomeboy View Post
I might go to the Carnival this year. However, it all depends on my fiance's work schedule. We're also thinking of doing our engagement pictures at the event.

As for autographs/pics, we're going to play it by ear this year. I've already done it before in the past and it took a massive chunk of my Carnival time (especially for Giroux's auto/photo combo in 2012!) Sometimes, the best parts of the carnival happens away from those lines. I was able to meet a newly acquired Grossmann for free, dance with Talbot and Simmonds, and play video games with Meszaros and Voracek!
See I'm glad I wasn't the only once who said they got grossmann for free.

Old
11-29-2013, 01:26 PM
pughater

heard something about a flyers carnival cyber monday family pack deal anyone know the details or the code

Old
12-02-2013, 12:34 PM
pughater

anyone who hasnt gotten tickets yet for the carnival. great cyber monday deal

Carnival Cyber Monday: Family 4 Pack, 4 early admission tix for the price of 2, a savings of $70. ] , code CMCARNIVAL

Old
12-02-2013, 01:24 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

yea, I got that email too. But, I'm going by myself, and I already got the tickets. Anyone waiting to this point would probably be out of luck on the pre-sold combos by now, though. No Giroux tickets left for sure.

Old
12-02-2013, 02:01 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
How do these tickets work? I never went to the Carnival before, but if I want to get a Hartnell autograph and a Timonen autograph, am I SOL because they are sold out? Or can I go and wait in line with the purchase of a GA ticket? If so do you have to pay still for the autographs? So confused...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 02:54 PM
pughater

you can buy tickets the day of or get them through comcasttix there is early admission, general and kids. general and kids admission are at 3 pm and early starts at 130 i believe. player presales were for the following i believe. giroux, lecavalier voracek simmonds and hartnell. shot on goal and stanley cup. stanley cup photo tickets can be bought in line at the wells fargo center. Any player not listed above such as kimmo they have schedules and timeframes where you can get your photos and autos with them. I believe giroux hartnell lecavalier simmonds are all sold out. mystery bags are sold at the center ice and other stands are there also to sell items. Hartnelldown being one of them

Old
12-23-2013, 08:58 PM
rWoHockeyman88

Hey guys, my wife and I are taking our daughter (she will be 2 that weekend) to the Flyers Wives Carnival and to the hockey game the day before. I have a couple questions for you fine folks.

1) Do I need to bring a lot of cash to the Flyers wives carnival or do they accept credit card for all purchases?

2) Is there anything in particular I should check out for the carnival? We have tickets to get a photo and autograph with Hartnell and the Shot on goal.

2) Do they sell any game used memorabilia at the Flyers Wives Carnival?

3) Are they any sales at the Flyers Wives Carnival for merchandise in the shops, or is it better to buy stuff at the game the day before?

4) Are there any parts of Philadelphia I should avoid or parts of the subburbs? I am driving in, but I wanted to pick up a couple items on craiglist that are Flyers related. One is in Bensalem and the other is NE-Philly(that's all i got from the seller thus far)?

rWoHockeyman88 is offline   Reply With Quote