HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Impact songs at Centre Bell?

Old
09-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Tricolore#20

vCash: 500
Impact songs at Centre Bell?

Now that the Montreal Impact are a legitimate team in Montreal, and their matches have become popularized, will we see some of their songs be chanted by the fans at the Bell Centre?

I believe Ole, Ole, Ole came to Centre Bell from the Alouettes games, so every time that I watch an Impact match, I hope that some of their songs carry over to the Bell Centre.

Some of the elaborate songs probably won't catch on, since most people at the Habs games aren't of that demographic to know them. However, simple songs such as "Allez Montreal" would add an extremely unique element to the Bell Centre ambiance this coming season, and I hope to see it. I live in Toronto, so I watch most of the matches on television, and it's clear that the Canadiens have the loudest supporters in the league. Having the songs of the Impact would really make our rink unequivocally the best crowd in all of hockey. Who's with me? Let's make it happen this year!

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
Now that the Montreal Impact are a legitimate team in Montreal, and their matches have become popularized, will we see some of their songs be chanted by the fans at the Bell Centre?

I believe Ole, Ole, Ole came to Centre Bell from the Alouettes games, so every time that I watch an Impact match, I hope that some of their songs carry over to the Bell Centre.

Some of the elaborate songs probably won't catch on, since most people at the Habs games aren't of that demographic to know them. However, simple songs such as "Allez Montreal" would add an extremely unique element to the Bell Centre ambiance this coming season, and I hope to see it. I live in Toronto, so I watch most of the matches on television, and it's clear that the Canadiens have the loudest supporters in the league. Having the songs of the Impact would really make our rink unequivocally the best crowd in all of hockey. Who's with me? Let's make it happen this year!
I stopped reading there. Dude, I really don't know why you believe this...but stop right now.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
I stopped reading there. Dude, I really don't know why you believe this...but stop right now.
Well obviously it's a Spanish football song, but I believe the song was first song by a crowd in Montreal at Alouettes matches in the early 2000s. Of course, I might be wrong. Regardless, we have the most unique ambiance in all of hockey, and our crowd should continue to innovate and be original.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I surely hope not. Whenever I buy Impact tickets, I try to be as far away from the Ultras as possible. Their singing annoys me.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 11:48 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I surely hope not. Whenever I buy Impact tickets, I try to be as far away from the Ultras as possible. Their singing annoys me.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I love what they bring and try to be as close as possible. With that said, I wouldn't mind a simple chant like Allez Montréal. It would be cool as we don't even have a french chant , well except Les Canadiens sont là but it's barely used anymore.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Really? I thinks is great, and I find it adds alot of ambiance actually.

Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 05:11 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

No Ultras= Saputo stadium is dead. But I can't see Ultras songs going to the Bell Center, and vice versa. Cultures and Habits are already installed in each arenas/stadiums.

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
No Ultras= Saputo stadium is dead. But I can't see Ultras songs going to the Bell Center, and vice versa. Cultures and Habits are already installed in each arenas/stadiums.
Agreed on both statements.

Soccer songs/chants don't really translate well into a hockey enviornment or arena.
I have no issue with 3 word chants.. it's kinda part of the hockey culture anyway.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 09:04 AM
_vivelequebec_

It's completely false. Like some people already said in other threads in Europe ultras are in every sports, hockey included.

But it'll never happen in Bell Centre, I agree. Why? Because if you want to have chants and tifos on a regular base you need a group of supporters, a core. With the price of a season ticket in Montréal (which is very high especially because of the 82 games + play-offs, in Europe you only have a 40 matches season) you'll never be able to implant a supporter culture. On the other side, maybe fans can at least replace the disgusting ''Olé Olé Olé'' by ''Allez Montréal'' but yeah, we're far from there.

Last edited by _vivelequebec_: 09-13-2013 at 09:12 AM.
_vivelequebec_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vivelequebec_ View Post
It's completely false. Like some people already said in other threads in Europe ultras are in every sports, hockey included.

But it'll never happen in Bell Centre, I agree. Why? Because if you want to have chants and tifos on a regular base you need a group of supporters, a core. With the price of a season ticket in Montréal (which is very high especially because of the 82 games + play-offs, in Europe you only have a 40 matches season) you'll never be able to implant a supporter culture. On the other side, maybe fans can at least replace the disgusting ''Olé Olé Olé'' by ''Allez Montréal'' but yeah, we're far from there.
I'll take 'Olé' over "Allez Montreal" when it comes to hockey games.. any day of the week. Even if it's awful and unoriginal and used at nearly ever opportunity. I don't think "Allez Montreal" suits the Canadiens or Hockey culture.. just me. "Allez Montreal" is a soccer song..

plus "Ole" and Canadiens go together now.. for better or for worse.

I'd rather fans create a new chant.. then steal one from another sport.. again. But as you mentioned, you need the ultras to do that.

Old
09-13-2013, 09:25 AM
_vivelequebec_

Bro, the Olé olé olé was used for decades in soccer games. Anyway there's no soccer or hockey or golf songs, every chants can be singed anywhere. And the ''Allez Montréal'' is way better than the Olé.

Old
09-13-2013, 09:29 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

I would love it if hockey fans in NA would start doing this. They already do it in Europe and it brings so much more to the atmosphere. Go Team Go is so boring and unoriginal and I think the young fans in Montreal will actually get this going eventually.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 09:32 AM
_vivelequebec_

There's also an other chant at Saputo's which is really simple and doesn't require to have a structured supporters group to coordinate. It goes like that :

Allez allez, allez ooohhhh
Allez allez, allez ooohhhh
Montréal allez, marquez-nous un but x5

Would be awesome before a PP

Old
09-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Et le But

Aren't the Impact Ultras intentionally distancing themselves from the Habs to avoid being overshadowed?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vivelequebec_ View Post
Bro, the Olé olé olé was used for decades in soccer games. Anyway there's no soccer or hockey or golf songs, every chants can be singed anywhere. And the ''Allez Montréal'' is way better than the Olé.
Yes I know it has been in soccer games for a long time. I mentioned it earlier.

Agree to disagree. I dont think 'Allez Montreal' works for the Habs..
I also agree that Allez Montreal > Ole