HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Prospect Talk PART VIII

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Sparksrus3

vCash: 500
I just spent a half hour going down memory lane. I went to hf prospects the last page a read up to year 2000. The piece on June 25 2000 about mad mike gutting the prospects was disturbing to revisit. The likes of kolnik,mapletoft,zehr,biron, and sooo many others that were supposed to be stars. Not to mention all the ones that did make it on other teams.

Now I am curious. Since pat Flatley was drafted in 1982 all but a few career NHL ers drafted by the isles actually played the majority of their career or call it the best years with our team. The results are shocking. Derik king, Radek martinek, Frans nielson, and rich pilon, are the only players to have a long term career with us that was a positive for team and fans. Of course 2006 brought Okposo and Macdonald and anyone drafted after that we will wait and see. DP is left off this list because of all the b.s. There were many many more that made it unfortunately other teams reaped the rewards.
Also there could be a few more on my list but it is my list. Guys like Lachance , Travis green , and dean chynoweth just didn't do enough to make it. 25 years and that's all that stuck with our team. Keep to the plan Garth , keep to the plan. The cup shall runnith over in Brooklyn.

Old
09-12-2013, 09:34 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
I just spent a half hour going down memory lane. I went to hf prospects the last page a read up to year 2000. The piece on June 25 2000 about mad mike gutting the prospects was disturbing to revisit. The likes of kolnik,mapletoft,zehr,biron, and sooo many others that were supposed to be stars. Not to mention all the ones that did make it on other teams.

Now I am curious. Since pat Flatley was drafted in 1982 all but a few career NHL ers drafted by the isles actually played the majority of their career or call it the best years with our team. The results are shocking. Derik king, Radek martinek, Frans nielson, and rich pilon, are the only players to have a long term career with us that was a positive for team and fans. Of course 2006 brought Okposo and Macdonald and anyone drafted after that we will wait and see. DP is left off this list because of all the b.s. There were many many more that made it unfortunately other teams reaped the rewards.
Also there could be a few more on my list but it is my list. Guys like Lachance , Travis green , and dean chynoweth just didn't do enough to make it. 25 years and that's all that stuck with our team. Keep to the plan Garth , keep to the plan. The cup shall runnith over in Brooklyn.
If you don't mind me asking, how do you get to the last page and to the forum comments from 2000 ? I'd really be interested in taking that same trip down memory lane.

Old
09-12-2013, 09:38 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
That's poster-celebrity-media star "inform the masses" of HF fame. Ran the prospect poll this summer as well. Best coverage out there. The NYI should pay him.
ITM and Degeneration Rex keep us updated on our prospects all season long. Greatly appreciated by all.

Old
09-12-2013, 09:43 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
ITM and Degeneration Rex keep us updated on our prospects all season long. Greatly appreciated by all.
They both deserve praise for their efforts and the best part, they are members of the Loic Leduc fan club!

Old
09-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Sparksrus3

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, how do you get to the last page and to the forum comments from 2000 ? I'd really be interested in taking that same trip down memory lane.
When you get on prospects pages with the hf ratings scroll to bottom and you will find the page numbers go to last page . There are about 12 . It will take you back to abou 1997 or so .then read from bottom up to have articles in correct date order. Good luck!

Old
09-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
They both deserve praise for their efforts and the best part, they are members of the Loic Leduc fan club!
It all starts tomorrow night as the legendary Loic Leduc and Cape Breton open the QMJHL season at Bathurst.

Also the SM-Liiga (Finland) starts Friday as JYP plays at Karpat with Ville Pokka.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:47 AM
scott99

Quote:
When you get on prospects pages with the hf ratings scroll to bottom and you will find the page numbers go to last page . There are about 12 . It will take you back to abou 1997 or so .then read from bottom up to have articles in correct date order. Good luck!
Thanks Sparksus, can you read the forum from 1997 too ? Or just prospects ratings.

Old
09-12-2013, 06:22 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Didn't kniow we drafted the God of Thunder to play D for us. Reinhart wields a mighty hammer.

Old
09-12-2013, 06:30 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post

Didn't kniow we drafted the God of Thunder to play D for us. Reinhart wields a mighty hammer.
Looks like they put the prospects in one car and the vets in another.

Old
09-12-2013, 06:42 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Quote:

Haha Big Griff looks mad uncomfortable.

Old
09-12-2013, 07:02 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:

Haha, the young guys packed like sardines while the vets sit in style. Good to see there is some light hazing going on.

Old
09-12-2013, 07:51 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:

they seem very unhappy with the transit system...

Griff looks like hes going to beat someone because they passed gas...wish I could photo shop, this has potential

Old
09-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Sparksrus3

Quote:

New Hyde park, merrillon ave, mineola, Carle place, westbury, Hicksville,syosset, cold spring harbor, and Huntington. Change at Huntington for the train to port jeff. Change at mineola for the train to oyster bay. This is a peak train so if you don't have a monthly it will be 1 zillion dollars. Also get your crap and feet off the seats but we won't inforce this rule. Also be curtious while on your cell phones. That could be its own topic. Looks like big griff needs to pee but as usual there is a stow away in the bathroom waiting for westbury to jump out and get off the train. Patriots 10. Jets 0. First quarter.
Anyway when these guys start shaving we will have a great team. I can't wait!

Old
09-13-2013, 06:30 AM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Well that was quick. Corey Trivino was released from his tryout with the Panthers.

Old
09-13-2013, 08:48 AM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Actually I confirmed it with Botta today...Petrov is just waiting for the Lighthouse to be completed.
So he can be janitor, which is your estimation of him and his hockey skills?

You obviously don't think much of his skill-set. Or maybe you wish his rights were traded to get some of that Milbury feeling back in the organization.

Or maybe you've never seen him play live, and the thought of an Islanders prospect making the team without your "approval" somehow reduces your HF boards status as a bonafide armchair GM...

Old
09-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
So he can be janitor, which is your estimation of him and his hockey skills?

You obviously don't think much of his skill-set. Or maybe you wish his rights were traded to get some of that Milbury feeling back in the organization.

Or maybe you've never seen him play live, and the thought of an Islanders prospect making the team without your "approval" somehow reduces your HF boards status as a bonafide armchair GM...

I think it was more of a comment on the unlikelihood of Petrov ever coming over to the NHL than a critique of his skill-set.

Old
09-13-2013, 10:03 AM
stranger34

Quote:
New Hyde park, merrillon ave, mineola, Carle place, westbury, Hicksville,syosset, cold spring harbor, and Huntington. Change at Huntington for the train to port jeff. Change at mineola for the train to oyster bay. This is a peak train so if you don't have a monthly it will be 1 zillion dollars. Also get your crap and feet off the seats but we won't inforce this rule. Also be curtious while on your cell phones. That could be its own topic. Looks like big griff needs to pee but as usual there is a stow away in the bathroom waiting for westbury to jump out and get off the train. Patriots 10. Jets 0. First quarter.
Anyway when these guys start shaving we will have a great team. I can't wait!
LOL the LIRR is deplorable. Spot on.

Old
09-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Degeneration Rex

Karpat beat JYP 3-2 in a shoot out today in the opener of the SM-Liiga.
Ville Pokka did not get any points.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 09-13-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old
09-13-2013, 06:32 PM
YashinWorksHard

Quote:

Oh Kirill looks sad and bored.

Old
09-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Degeneration Rex

September 13, QMJHL Opening Night
Bathurst 4, Cape Breton 1-Leduc, + 1.

WHL, Pre season-Brandon 4, Regina 3 (SO), Burroughs, 1 assist.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 09-13-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old
09-13-2013, 08:45 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
September 13, QMJHL Opening Night
Bathurst 4, Cape Breton 1-Leduc, + 1.

WHL, Pre Season
Regina 1, Brandon 1, end of first, Burroughs, 1 assist.
leduc was a +1 in a 4-1 loss? scott's head is gonna explode.

Old
09-13-2013, 09:00 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
Loic Leduc, the next Chris Pronger !

Old
09-13-2013, 10:37 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
With that plus game I think he beat his total plus games last season

Old
09-13-2013, 10:42 PM
thedonger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Loic Leduc, the next Chris Pronger !
haha, the better pronger.

Old
09-14-2013, 06:25 AM
Degeneration Rex

Loic Leduc and cape Breton play again tonight at Charlottetown.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 09-14-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Closed Thread