HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl/Van

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-12-2013, 07:47 PM
  #51
Virtanev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,606
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
I agre that the Nucks are giving up a tad to much but lets get real.I wouldn't trade Price straight up for either Luongo or Horvat.
Habs don't want to downgrade in net unless we get something good added with Luongo.
Luongo is better than Price. How can Price be considered an upgrade when's never had a better season than Luongo?

__________________
Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 07:52 PM
  #52
Virtanen2Horvat
BoHorvat53
 
Virtanen2Horvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,667
vCash: 589
What a gong show of a trade.

Luongo > Price
Horvat > nothing there

Overall uneven by a mile.

Virtanen2Horvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:08 PM
  #53
slappipappi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL PIT GM View Post

Certainly you cant be talking about Luongo's contract. It is in fact one of the best contracts ever allowed by the NHL, evidence is they have now outlawed future contracts to be structured in that team friendly manner.


5.3m cap hit for a top tier netminder is terrible?

You are forgetting the fact that the advantage afforded Luongo's contract (which made it so great) is now gone. In fact, Luongo's contract has now been outlawed.

$5.3M is not terrible, assuming that Luongo is still a top tier goalie (I assume he is, but it's not a certainty). But having that cap hit until he turns 43 makes that contract untradeable. If he could have been moved for nothing, he would have been.

slappipappi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:10 PM
  #54
slappipappi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Luongo is better than Price. How can Price be considered an upgrade when's never had a better season than Luongo?
While Luongo may be considered a better goalie than Price, Price still has some trade value.

Talent is only one aspect of assessing value.

slappipappi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:13 PM
  #55
Virtanev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,606
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
While Luongo may be considered a better goalie than Price, Price still has some trade value.

Talent is only one aspect of assessing value.
I can agree with that.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:15 PM
  #56
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I'm surprised Habs fans aren't more receptive to this. The trade is far worse for the Canucks.
The Habs get older and take on a terrible contract and to make up the difference we get a prospect who may or may not ever make the NHL.

It's a bad deal for us and the Habs would be stupid to take it.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:21 PM
  #57
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
I prefer Price over Luongo but adding a Horvat?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:23 PM
  #58
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,876
vCash: 500
Luongo has negative value. Horvat doesn't compensate for Luongo's terrible contract. Even the Leafs wouldn't take on that contract.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 08:23 PM
  #59
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Exiled from Reality
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
No one's gonna agree to this, just close it.

BigDaddyLurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:14 PM
  #60
14s incisor
Go ahead, delete it.
 
14s incisor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Deleted. Reason: ?
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
I agre that the Nucks are giving up a tad to much but lets get real.I wouldn't trade Price straight up for either Luongo or Horvat.
Habs don't want to downgrade in net unless we get something good added with Luongo.
Luongo is not a downgrade to Price at this point in their careers.

He's the better of the two goalies.

Term of contract aside, of course. But he's still not a downgrade performance wise.

14s incisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:22 PM
  #61
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestLeafsFanEVER View Post
To Montreal:
Roberto Luongo
Bo Horvat

To Vancouver:
Carey Price

I seems like both goalies could use a fresh start in a new city. Because of Luongo's age and contract, Vancouver could sweeten the deal with Horvat, which would give Montreal some much needed size up front.
That is absolutely horrible I wouldn't give up Horvat alone for Price.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:23 PM
  #62
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
And ofc a Leaf fan made this proposal, I think it was done to get fans of both teams riled up.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:27 PM
  #63
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
somehow Luongo's contract length is a good thing here?

and lol @ Price being a downgrade.
Lmfao Price is not even close to as good as Luongo.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:29 PM
  #64
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
How about the Sedins for a punching bag? Oh, and throw in the biggest choke goalie of all time. Ya, the Habs need that bad!!!!
Price doesn't choke because can't even take his team to the ****ing playoffs.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:30 PM
  #65
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
yes.
Congratulations on Price's 1 playoff round win. What an awesome goaltender, truly elite.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:33 PM
  #66
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
I agre that the Nucks are giving up a tad to much but lets get real.I wouldn't trade Price straight up for either Luongo or Horvat.
Habs don't want to downgrade in net unless we get something good added with Luongo.
How is it a downgrade in net when Luongo is better?

Luongo being better is not even arguable. It is a fact.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:35 PM
  #67
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
The Habs get older and take on a terrible contract and to make up the difference we get a prospect who may or may not ever make the NHL.

It's a bad deal for us and the Habs would be stupid to take it.
You say that as if Horvat was drafted in the 2nd round.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:37 PM
  #68
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Exiled from Reality
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
...you do realize there is a multi-quote option on the boards, right?

BigDaddyLurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:45 PM
  #69
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
You say that as if Horvat was drafted in the 2nd round.
Historically, the chances of the #9 pick becoming a top-6 forward or better are only 30%

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282241

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:46 PM
  #70
JonathanToews19clutc*
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Big no from .

JonathanToews19clutc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 09:55 PM
  #71
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
Price doesn't choke because can't even take his team to the ****ing playoffs.
If you check out last years standings I'm pretty sure Price took his team to 2nd in the East where as that other guy was a backup. But Price can't take his team to the playoffs, that's why we have missed one year in the six he has been our starter. But other than that is was an excellent post...

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:02 PM
  #72
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Historically, the chances of the #9 pick becoming a top-6 forward or better are only 30%

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282241
You said he may or may not make the NHL.

I think its pretty much guaranteed that Horvat will atleast be a 3rd or 4th liner.

Hell he might even make the team this year as our 3rd line center (not saying we should do this).

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:03 PM
  #73
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...you do realize there is a multi-quote option on the boards, right?
I didn't think there would be that many posts I needed to reply to.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:10 PM
  #74
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
That is absolutely horrible I wouldn't give up Horvat alone for Price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
You said he may or may not make the NHL.

I think its pretty much guaranteed that Horvat will atleast be a 3rd or 4th liner.

Hell he might even make the team this year as our 3rd line center (not saying we should do this).
He might not make the NHL. But even if he does, he would need to be a top line forward for his value to even come close to Price's.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2013, 10:20 PM
  #75
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
He might not make the NHL. But even if he does, he would need to be a top line forward for his value to even come close to Price's.
Well he was traded for Schneider.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.