HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 NFL Thread II? (Giants suck; Jets play Monday)

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2013, 10:46 PM
nyrleetch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I think you're the only one who liked Sanchez (unless you liked him for his weekly comedy act ), hah.

I do wish that Geno could have sat for the year, but it is what it is.
Haha. I saw Sanchez could play well surrounded by a good cast. I thought he couldve grown on it but with the constant change of WR and his alltime finding new ways to struggles it just never worked out. Hope he can play well in a new place.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
That was insane

Old
09-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Haha. I saw Sanchez could play well surrounded by a good cast. I thought he couldve grown on it but with the constant change of WR and his alltime finding new ways to struggles it just never worked out. Hope he can play well in a new place.
Sanchez needed another year in college. I said that when he was coming out and I still maintain that as the problem.

And that was another God-awful throw by Geno.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Also, I have no problem with what Mangold just did. Talib is a scum bag.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:50 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Geno was trying to do too much in the fourth quarter. I think all the drops really got to him. Hopefully he'll learn to overcome that in time.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:50 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Also, I have no problem with what Mangold just did. Talib is a scum bag.
Agreed not just saying this because I'm a Jets fan but you either go down or go straight out. Don't do a little dance. You're asking for it.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Geno was trying to do too much in the fourth quarter. I think all the drops really got to him. Hopefully he'll learn to overcome that in time.
That and he's never been a good bad weather QB. Always one of his problems at WV.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:52 PM
SA16
Two by two...

This punt return strategy makes no sense at all. Even with the 11th guy it's rarely getting blocked and having nobody back means the pats can stand around and wait for the ball to settle and run a lot of time off the clock post-punt. Three terrible throws by Geno other than that we could have one this game. Once again I am pretty sure he is much better than Sanchez anyway. Can't really judge him off this game where all of his picks were thrown in ridiculous weathers and the receivers were unable to catch the ball (gates essentially dropping two tds himself)

Old
09-12-2013, 10:52 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
i agree. He made mistake but hill and gates were terrible. also they should have continued to run the ball

Old
09-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Agreed not just saying this because I'm a Jets fan but you either go down or go straight out. Don't do a little dance. You're asking for it.
Well, that and he's a complete scum bag. Dude should be in prison. Not playing football.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
This punt return strategy makes no sense at all. Even with the 11th guy it's rarely getting blocked and having nobody back means the pats can stand around and wait for the ball to settle and run a lot of time off the clock post-punt. Three terrible throws by Geno other than that we could have one this game. Once again I am pretty sure he is much better than Sanchez anyway. Can't really judge him off this game where all of his picks were thrown in ridiculous weathers and the receivers were unable to catch the ball (gates essentially dropping two tds himself)
That was utterly retarded not having a returner. Just terrible coaching, IMO.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:55 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
That was utterly retarded not having a returner. Just terrible coaching, IMO.
And they did it three times...

Also, our punt return coverage looked awful. Edelman was consistently receiving punts with nobody near him and then getting big returns. Whenever we actually caught a punt they had guys on us instantly.

Old
09-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Sad thing is the Jets win if Gates makes that endzone catch and Hill doesn't fumble.

Old
09-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

There is absolutely no reason why Gates gets 8 targets that game and Geno is asked to throw that many balls in terrible weather.

Not that the run game was tearing up the Pats, but Geno was having significant issues all night with his accuracy. Couple of big drops, but that game is on him and a poor gameplan.

The most frustrating thing for me though is that the Pats are just not a good team and to quote Dennis Green, the Jets let them off the hook.

Old
09-12-2013, 11:13 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
Sad thing is the Jets win if Gates makes that endzone catch and Hill doesn't fumble.
Not entirely fair. If you're gonna give our drops back you should give theirs to so then you can then also say Jets lose if Thompkins makes that catch (for td).

Old
09-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Well, I'm being purposefully selective.

I will say that that was one of the worst games I've seen in a while.

Old
09-13-2013, 12:20 AM
17futurecap

Honestly, as a Jets fan, after watching that disaster I just hope Wilkerson is okay.

Also, Clyde Gates is one big lol.

Props to the Jets oline, they played great, gave Geno all day to throw the ball, and it was nice to see some actual running of the ball. Vlad Ducasse was a beast, and that is not me joking around.

Last edited by 17futurecap: 09-13-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old
09-13-2013, 01:24 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

This is why I hate the overrating of the Pats. They take advantage of that garbage division every year, but when they play elite teams they get stomped. Brady looks terrible. This is the beginning of the end for him.

Next time they play the Jets they'll be 3-3. Mark my words.

Old
09-13-2013, 08:33 AM
PrincetonRanger

Geno has a cannon and has shown pretty good accuracy at times (well, except for those big moment interceptions in the 4th..but he's a kid and this is only his third full-game as a Jet).

can anyone tell me: during the draft, why did he drop to the second round? did teams have question marks around him going into the draft?

Old
09-13-2013, 09:16 AM
NYR510

vCash: 1140
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincetonRanger View Post
Geno has a cannon and has shown pretty good accuracy at times (well, except for those big moment interceptions in the 4th..but he's a kid and this is only his third full-game as a Jet).

can anyone tell me: during the draft, why did he drop to the second round? did teams have question marks around him going into the draft?
He had a pretty bad 2nd half of his final year at wvu. But I was surprised when I saw how far he fell in the draft

Old
09-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Stepan Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincetonRanger View Post

It was a combination of a poor Pinstripe Bowl performance and the fact that there weren't many teams looking at QB's. Also the QB class wasn't as strong as '12 but it seems like the really crappy teams have their eye on '14 and '15 (Bridgewater, Manziel, etc).

I'm pretty excited with what I've seen so far out of Geno, sure he has missed a few big throws but the ability to stay calm in the pocket is something you can't teach. Each week will be a new adventure for the kid considering he hasn't had any reps. Jets fans are way more excited than we thought we'd be.

Old
09-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
This is why I hate the overrating of the Pats. They take advantage of that garbage division every year, but when they play elite teams they get stomped. Brady looks terrible. This is the beginning of the end for him.

Next time they play the Jets they'll be 3-3. Mark my words.
Ha. Laughable.

The guy is one of the greatest QB's of all-time. He has zero weapons around him and still manages to beat the Jets.

Old
09-13-2013, 10:35 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ha. Laughable.

The guy is one of the greatest QB's of all-time. He has zero weapons around him and still manages to beat the Jets.
Pats WR had a ton of drops.

09-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Pats WR had a ton of drops.
Right. Im not a fan of Brady, but you have to respect his greatness at this point. Hes been to 5 superbowls with an aging Randy Moss, Deon Branch, and Wes Welker as his top receivers.

This years Pats team has the worst wide receiving core I've ever seen (besides maybe the Jets), yet here he is at 2-0, again. You dont have to be a fan of the guy, but you have to respect him -- and to declare him finished is just as ignorant as it is wishful thinking.

Old
09-13-2013, 10:47 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Right. Im not a fan of Brady, but you have to respect his greatness at this point. Hes been to 5 superbowls with an aging Randy Moss, Deon Branch, and Wes Welker as his top receivers.

This years Pats team has the worst wide receiving core I've ever seen (besides maybe the Jets), yet here he is at 2-0, again. You dont have to be a fan of the guy, but you have to respect him -- and to declare him finished is just as ignorant as it is wishful thinking.
Right now, it's worse then the Jets. The Jets have Holmes who might be a head case but is still an elite talent.

Closed Thread