HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Blue Jays vs Mets at Olympic Stadium

Old
09-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Stats01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I hate the Leafs. More than the Bruins. But I'm fine with the Jays. It is the only Canadian team.....I hope they do win. Besides, they are the one responsible for the games to be played in Montreal....Not going to tell you all what to do...but not the wisest idea to come out in bunch and boo the Jays......If it's the only thing we can have for the next 20 years....well might as well make sure it becomes a regular thing. Applaud the Jays....Expos comes back and plays in their division....and THEN boo the Jays like there's no tomorrow. Pretty good plan, I think....
Coming from the Leaf board in peace..I totally agree with this post. I'm kind of surprised at some of the negative comments on here. Some on here are going to boo the Jays when they're the ones responsible for bringing the first game back to the Big O in a very long time...thats a person's perogative but wow how disrespectful. Seriously..this is just my opinion but maybe we could just say "screw Montreal" and not even bother.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Coming from the Leaf board in peace..I totally agree with this post. I'm kind of surprised at some of the negative comments on here. Some on here are going to boo the Jays when they're the ones responsible for bringing the first game back to the Big O in a very long time...thats a person's perogative but wow how disrespectful. Seriously..this is just my opinion but maybe we could just say "screw Montreal" and not even bother.
You did by voting to get rid of them in the first place

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Seriously? Check the attendance records, maybe it won't be so shocking to you.
I don't have to check the numbers. I was there every single night in '03 and '04. You obviously have only checked the bad attendance numbers and skipped over the years when baseball thrived in this city. How convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
You did by voting to get rid of them in the first place
Precisely.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 05:41 PM
BLONG7

The Jays were on the tube earlier this week, and it looked like they may have had 12-15K in attendance...looks like the Jays are becoming the new Expos?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Some on here are going to boo the Jays when they're the ones responsible for bringing the first game back to the Big O in a very long time... maybe we could just say "screw Montreal" and not even bother.
How magnanimous of the hypocritical, back-stabbing Blue Jays to bring us back our first game in a long time. They voted to contract the Expos because they wanted to become "Canada's team" and thus increase their revenues from the influx of fans who would convert to them and buy their merchandise, attend their games, etc...

And these two games are just a cash grab because they know they will sell more tickets to 2 meaningless pre-season games in Montreal than they would anywhere else.

Screw the BJ's!

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I don't have to check the numbers. I was there every single night in '03 and '04. You obviously have only checked the bad attendance numbers and skipped over the years when baseball thrived in this city. How convenient.

Precisely.
How convenient? Maybe you are living in a long ago past and can't pull yourself out of it, but Montreal long ago turned it's back on baseball.

It would have happened in Toronto as well if not for a larger population base that keeps baseball limping along. This country is too much about hockey, hockey, hockey, it's turning it's back on other sports, especially baseball which Canada has a low IQ for and limited connection to via childhood.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
How magnanimous of the hypocritical, back-stabbing Blue Jays to bring us back our first game in a long time. They voted to contract the Expos because they wanted to become "Canada's team" and thus increase their revenues from the influx of fans who would convert to them and buy their merchandise, attend their games, etc...

And these two games are just a cash grab because they know they will sell more tickets to 2 meaningless pre-season games in Montreal than they would anywhere else.

Screw the BJ's!
Evenko aggressively pursued the Jays on this , not the other way around. It's actually the CH group that is fleecing the sheep.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Oh good; i can now go watch Toronto lose a baseball game after they had their a**es kicked at soccer by the Impact and at night watch the Habs beat the Leafs.

Toronto is losing in a consistent fashion in many sports and that takes a genuine effort on their part. At least i'll concede that because consistently sucking as a city at different sports must surely be tough!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
It's actually the CH group that is fleecing the sheep.

They all are.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 06:48 PM
MapleLeafistan*

Wish they'd play in Vancouver (or Victoria) as well

MapleLeafistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 06:50 PM
MapleLeafistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Oh good; i can now go watch Toronto lose a baseball game after they had their a**es kicked at soccer by the Impact and at night watch the Habs beat the Leafs.

Toronto is losing in a consistent fashion in many sports and that takes a genuine effort on their part. At least i'll concede that because consistently sucking as a city at different sports must surely be tough!

That flag beside "country" in your profile is all I needed to see for me to understand your "hate Toronto" syndrome. Get a life. You lost the Expos at least go show support for the Jays so MLB has see's that Montreal deserves a MLB team.

But as usual...you have your "hate Toronto" syndrome so strong, you're not even willing to see beyond that. Shows your narrow minded mentality.

MapleLeafistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2013, 07:13 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafistan View Post
That flag beside "country" in your profile is all I needed to see for me to understand your "hate Toronto" syndrome. Get a life. You lost the Expos at least go show support for the Jays so MLB has see's that Montreal deserves a MLB team.

But as usual...you have your "hate Toronto" syndrome so strong, you're not even willing to see beyond that. Shows your narrow minded mentality.
Toronto's not our city. Why would we cheer for their teams? Because we're in the same country? It's sports and it's a city-based rivalry so yeah, I won't cheer for a Toronto team. **** the Jays, TFC, the Leafs, the Argos, the Raps, the Rock, etc. And it would be the same for Quebec City or other cities.

Last edited by The Russian General: 09-13-2013 at 08:33 PM.
The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 12:53 AM
TorontoSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Toronto's not our city. Why would we cheer for their teams? Because we're in the same country? It's sports and it's a city-based rivalry so yeah, I won't cheer for a Toronto team. **** the Jays, TFC, the Leafs, the Argos, the Raps, the Rock, etc. And it would be the same for Quebec City or other cities.
Totally agree. It's the same reason why I never cheered for ottawa, calgary, edmonton and vanciry when they were in the cup finals.

Also I want the rays to move to montreal because I feel Montreal is a baseball city to the core. Id love having a natural rival in every sport.

TorontoSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 01:48 AM
Barbershoppe
SensNation United!

[QUOTE=TorontoSports;71092315]Totally agree. It's the same reason why I never cheered for ottawa, calgary, edmonton and vanciry when they were in the cup finals.
QUOTE]

Boy that made me laugh. You forgot to mention the Leafs in the finals. Err, on second thought, forget it!

Barbershoppe is offline   Reply With Quote