HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/17)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2013, 11:01 AM
  #276
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
just wondering, in the 2012 draft, did any of you actually want Stefan Matteau? Most Ranger fans I know wanted him, I did too, and he's progressing pretty nicely. Did anyone feel the same or was Brady Skeji pretty accepted?
if i remember correctly there was a big % of people hoping for ulfie's kid and there was big disappointment when the yotes took him 1 spot ahead of us.

CM PUNK is online now  
Old
09-13-2013, 11:15 AM
  #277
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
just wondering, in the 2012 draft, did any of you actually want Stefan Matteau? Most Ranger fans I know wanted him, I did too, and he's progressing pretty nicely. Did anyone feel the same or was Brady Skeji pretty accepted?
Personally, I was hoping for Samuelsson, with Collberg as the next option and Thrower coming in third. Thrower was a real disappointment this season, but Samuelsson has really turned himself into a very good prospect. Collberg has been shredding competition that is his own age, but still hasn't made a ton of noise in Sweden.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
09-13-2013, 01:00 PM
  #278
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
This place freaked out (like usual) that we picked another defenseman. Oh the horror! Some people had to actually explain that draft picks aren't usually relevant for at least another 3 years unless they're picked early in the first or something. I personally like Collberg, but I also believe in BPA so I'm not upset with the pick.
Every year it's the same routine. Two or three people who have actually watched enough to give a proper evaluation of certain players will give their "favorites." Then everyone will bandwagon behind the guy that they think sounds good. Then the Rangers pick someone that nobody ever heard of and everyone loses their ****.

The only reason any Rangers fan wanted Stefan Matteau was because his dad scored an important goal for us two decades ago. He has low-end potential and a couple red flags personality-wise.

TheRightWay is offline  
Old
09-13-2013, 04:45 PM
  #279
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Every year it's the same routine. Two or three people who have actually watched enough to give a proper evaluation of certain players will give their "favorites." Then everyone will bandwagon behind the guy that they think sounds good. Then the Rangers pick someone that nobody ever heard of and everyone loses their ****.

The only reason any Rangers fan wanted Stefan Matteau was because his dad scored an important goal for us two decades ago. He has low-end potential and a couple red flags personality-wise.
He figures to be a 3rd liner--at least eventually. Nice size--very aggressive--he'll be at least decent throwing punches. I see him as a guy who might knock in 10-15 goals and 25-30 points at the NHL level when he gets up to speed. Should be a good player but nothing to be super excited about. He has some personality issues--so does their Jon Merrill--maybe even worse than Matteau but I don't think LL has been a particularly smart GM the last few years. Not a big Sather fan and he takes a lot of criticism here but I'd much much rather the Rangers management team than the Devils but their posters at HF are extremely defensive about their GM--to me it seems to the larger % of them as some kind of god still beyond a critique. Good for them I guess. Apart from Matteau and Boucher I don't think they have any worthwhile forward prospects at all--maybe Myles Bell but even he's a reach IMO.

eco's bones is online now  
Old
09-15-2013, 02:52 AM
  #280
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,397
vCash: 500
At the time, I wanted Vasilevskiy who went to TB before us... or either Collberg or Thrower who were both available. I trust the current scouts though, and I think Skjei will develop nicely in the upcoming years.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
09-15-2013, 08:26 AM
  #281
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
At the time, I wanted Vasilevskiy who went to TB before us... or either Collberg or Thrower who were both available. I trust the current scouts though, and I think Skjei will develop nicely in the upcoming years.
I wanted Tom Wilson

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
09-15-2013, 11:01 AM
  #282
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I wanted Tom Wilson

I hate that he went to the Capitals.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:36 AM
  #283
-31-
portnor, pls
 
-31-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,853
vCash: 50
https://twitter.com/aj_ranger/status/379627249730723840

Quote:
Severstal back ahead 2-1 on the PP. Pavel Buchnevich with his first #KHL goal of the season. #NYR

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
-31- is online now  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:57 AM
  #284
-31-
portnor, pls
 
-31-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,853
vCash: 50
https://twitter.com/aj_ranger/status/379634227475517441

Quote:
Make that 3-1 Severstal. Buchnevich gets his second of the game, both on the PP. #NYR

-31- is online now  
Old
09-16-2013, 11:09 AM
  #285
-31-
portnor, pls
 
-31-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,853
vCash: 50


89 in black

-31- is online now  
Old
09-16-2013, 11:11 AM
  #286
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,518
vCash: 500
Kucherov and Buchnevich will be big "KHL factor" wins for respected teams.

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 06:09 PM
  #287
Lindberg Cheese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Kucherov and Buchnevich will be big "KHL factor" wins for respected teams.
Whats Nemchinov doing these days? Still a part of the national program. I always liked "Sarge".

Lindberg Cheese is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 10:04 AM
  #288
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,330
vCash: 500
Awards:
I see that Calle Andersson is on loan to Division 1 club IK Pantern. This, in terms of his NHL future, is not particularly good. Can any of our European posters enlighten us as to why he's down in the third level? Is he rehabbing an injury or something?

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:46 PM
  #289
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I see that Calle Andersson is on loan to Division 1 club IK Pantern. This, in terms of his NHL future, is not particularly good. Can any of our European posters enlighten us as to why he's down in the third level? Is he rehabbing an injury or something?
I do believe he was injured, don't know anything about his current situation though.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 01:17 PM
  #290
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 505
Broken wrist, I believe. He wasn't invited to the preliminary WJC camp for Sweden for that reason.

TheRightWay is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 05:22 PM
  #291
Colby
HFB Partner
 
Colby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Quote:
Only 6 games into the KHL season but NYR's Buchnevich has 21 shots on goal and ATOI over 13 min. That is unusual for an 18 year old.
https://twitter.com/coreypronman/sta...49509345488897

Colby is online now  
Old
09-19-2013, 03:14 AM
  #292
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I see that Calle Andersson is on loan to Division 1 club IK Pantern. This, in terms of his NHL future, is not particularly good. Can any of our European posters enlighten us as to why he's down in the third level? Is he rehabbing an injury or something?
His team, Malmö (Kim Johnsons old team!) is covered by a fantastic amature blogger (Mrmadhawk), but just a couple of weeks ago this blogger went syndicate and moved to a newspaper. All his old enteries can't be found right now, so its kind of hard to get much info.

I can see that Calle was injured for 2-3 weeks on the 22 August 2013. At another place I can see that he just missed the 7th game of the 7 games he was expected to miss.

Its probably more of a conditioning stint for him. I can see that Calle's smaller brother Rasmus played for Malmö last night, they only carried 6 Ds (normally you have a 22 player roster in Sweden).

Searching as I write, I also found this tweet from Calle (September 14) (@CalleAndersson4):
Quote:
After nearly seven months long injury, surgery and rehab it is finally time for the first match again! Feels ****ing great huh!

Ola is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 07:54 AM
  #293
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
His team, Malmö (Kim Johnsons old team!) is covered by a fantastic amature blogger (Mrmadhawk), but just a couple of weeks ago this blogger went syndicate and moved to a newspaper. All his old enteries can't be found right now, so its kind of hard to get much info.

I can see that Calle was injured for 2-3 weeks on the 22 August 2013. At another place I can see that he just missed the 7th game of the 7 games he was expected to miss.

Its probably more of a conditioning stint for him. I can see that Calle's smaller brother Rasmus played for Malmö last night, they only carried 6 Ds (normally you have a 22 player roster in Sweden).

Searching as I write, I also found this tweet from Calle (September 14) (@CalleAndersson4):
What a potty mouth, clearly character issues and injury concerns have already derailed this prospect. Yet another blown draft! :angry: :mad: :frigginpissedoff:<---couldn't remember how to make a pissed off smiley

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 08:20 AM
  #294
Raspewtin
disenchanted
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Prati, Rome
Country: Italy
Posts: 5,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
What a potty mouth, clearly character issues and injury concerns have already derailed this prospect. Yet another blown draft! :angry: :mad: :frigginpissedoff:<---couldn't remember how to make a pissed off smiley
Trade him to Montreal

Raspewtin is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 08:27 PM
  #295
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,495
vCash: 500
Remparts are playing down 5-3 heading into the 3rd Duclair has two goals.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 09:20 PM
  #296
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,884
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I would be surprised if we signed Calle.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
Sestito still on the make a wish tour. - rholt168
"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 09:23 PM
  #297
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Remparts are playing down 5-3 heading into the 3rd Duclair has two goals.
His line was the only good thing for Quebec tonight. They scored the 4 goals in a 7-4 loss. Duclair's 2nd goal was awesome.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 09:26 PM
  #298
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
His line was the only good thing for Quebec tonight. They scored the 4 goals in a 7-4 loss. Duclair's 2nd goal was awesome.
I only caught the third he looked pretty good one bad giveaway that I saw but other than that some nice plays. Definitely has some wheels.

Quebec looked horrible, Baie-Comeau just looked bigger and faster.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 09:40 PM
  #299
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I only caught the third he looked pretty good one bad giveaway that I saw but other than that some nice plays. Definitely has some wheels.

Quebec looked horrible, Baie-Comeau just looked bigger and faster.
Baie-Comeau is supposed to finish top 3 and Quebec mid-pack.

Quebec missed 4 top 6 players, including their 2 best players, and their best defenseman, so it didn't help.

2014 NHL prospect Alexis Vanier with 2 goals and 3 assists... If he keeps up like this he'll open many eyes. He's a 6'5 and 223 lbs physical defenseman with an offensive touch.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
09-21-2013, 09:08 AM
  #300
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,330
vCash: 500
Awards:
Graves and Donnay were scoreless. As mentioned earlier, Duclair had two goals. All three players are wearing an A this season. Skapski took the loss, stopping 38/42 shots.

Spelling also debuted for his Danish team and scored a goal.

nyr2k2 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.