HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Serge Savard Night GDT: 18/11/06 Atlanta @ Montreal 7 PM EST RDS

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

vCash: 500
Well you guys, I didn't see the game. I was out on a date with my dentist's assistant. She's here so I'll be quick.

We won, Buffalo lost, we gained two points on them. I'm happy.

Old
11-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Montreal4Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Well you guys, I didn't see the game. I was out on a date with my dentist's assistant. She's here so I'll be quick.

We won, Buffalo lost, we gained two points on them. I'm happy.
LOL, what a dedicated Habs fan!!! Takes time DURING his date(who's over at his place, possible for at least 1 more glass of wine or coffee???) to write his quick thoughts in the forum.
I consider myself a super Habs freak fan but even I wouldn't do that LOL

Old
11-18-2006, 10:43 PM
CHareth

Quote:
I was out on a date with my dentist's assistant. She's here so I'll be quick.
Too much information

Old
11-19-2006, 01:07 AM
madbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
Markov plays better against superstars. He knows how they think.
Markov was brilliant tonight. So steady. Shadowing all game long.

The team had a gameplan and followed it, they looked a lot more confident and simply willing to play for a win. Can we please make it two games in a row for Wednesday...

Old
11-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Yeah, we got 2 points... I dont think the team played all that great though.

Thankfully, we caught atlanta during a cold streak.

The team cant maintain its record if it continues to play like this.

Was samsonov hurt or benched during the 3rd? Either way, I'm happy I didn't see him.

What a turnover machine

Old
11-19-2006, 01:29 AM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

Just Came back from the game !!! got a cool little '' Banner '' and a friggin huge folder with Serge Savard's History written on it !

We were seated in the T116 section but saw seats behind the Habs bench not taken, so sneaked in there between the periods !

Great Game !!! GREAT friggin game, but lemme tell u this ... I feel bad for Kostitsyn ... the guy puts in one heckuva hussle ... Kovy is extremely confusing to play with ...

What I noticed :

1 - Funny thing after the '' Ceremony '' they roll up the carpets and take them out in a trollie, J.P Vigier is skating backwards and SLAMS into the trollie !!

2 - I was behind the Habs Bench, it was hilarious at some point Plekanec and Kovalev got into a spat , Plekanec told him '' You can't play hockey if you don't move your feet '', Kovalev told him WAHHHHH ???? ( I dunno if he heard him ) Carbo looked at Kovy and just said : Move your feet ...

3 - Souray talks in slow motion, a bit like Jason Spezza, it's like the words are on a roller coaster ! total opposite of Koivu who speaks really fast, couldn't get a word of what he was saying ...

4 - Bonk kept talking to Johnson and it seemed like everything they were doing was '' planned '' or something they had worked on on the bench, but basically what I understood from seeing the game pan out was : Do something really complicated in your own zone to confuse the Thrashers, then give the puck to '' the kid '' and let him figure things out ... It seemed to work, Bonk and Johnson were murdering the Thrashers Defensively and then once the Defensemen wanted to '' implicate themselves '' they'd pass it to Zhogy and he'd just take off ...

4 - Kirk Muller kept saying WAAAH ???? everythime the ref came over, and I think that at some point the Ref wearing number 8 was getting pissed off ...

5 - Kovaluchuk has a really small head.

Old
11-19-2006, 01:32 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Yeah, we got 2 points... I dont think the team played all that great though.

Thankfully, we caught atlanta during a cold streak.

The team cant maintain its record if it continues to play like this.

Was samsonov hurt or benched during the 3rd? Either way, I'm happy I didn't see him.

What a turnover machine
I kinda agree with you, i expected a lot more. If Huet didn't shine this could have looked like Roy's HHOF introduction 1 week ago. This was a special night and the Trashers played Dallas last night. But we did a great job on defense and that was the game plan so it's hard to bash that performence.

Sammy gave the effort in the last few games but tonight he just wasen't there. Was he mad Savard kicked soviets *** ? It's a bad timing for him to be lazy with Higgins on the IR and Ryder on a scoreless streak ( Thankfully he had a great game tonight and snapped it ). Maybe it's chemistry problems with Kovalev because at some point in the game he gave him the puck 3 times and lost the control or the battle for it each time, and Kostitsyn skating around tyring to figure out what it's like to play in the NHL. When the effort is there he can help the team Carbo was right to not tolerate this non-sense in the 3rd.

Bright spots :

The defense ( Esp. Markov )
Bonk's line
Ryder
Huet

The rest was very average and managed to build some confidence on Cristobal Huet stellar play.

Edit : nice story Roen , what are the chances you find out 1st row seats are empy behind Habs bench ?! That's great luck.

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 11-19-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Old
11-19-2006, 01:38 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post

2 - I was behind the Habs Bench, it was hilarious at some point Plekanec and Kovalev got into a spat , Plekanec told him '' You can't play hockey if you don't move your feet '', Kovalev told him WAHHHHH ???? ( I dunno if he heard him ) Carbo looked at Kovy and just said : Move your feet ...
HAHAHAHAHA! are you sure lol? I didnt know Pleks had it in him to call out Kovalev.

Old
11-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Just Came back from the game !!! got a cool little '' Banner '' and a friggin huge folder with Serge Savard's History written on it !

We were seated in the T116 section but saw seats behind the Habs bench not taken, so sneaked in there between the periods !

Great Game !!! GREAT friggin game, but lemme tell u this ... I feel bad for Kostitsyn ... the guy puts in one heckuva hussle ... Kovy is extremely confusing to play with ...

What I noticed :

1 - Funny thing after the '' Ceremony '' they roll up the carpets and take them out in a trollie, J.P Vigier is skating backwards and SLAMS into the trollie !!

3 - Souray talks in slow motion, a bit like Jason Spezza, it's like the words are on a roller coaster ! total opposite of Koivu who speaks really fast, couldn't get a word of what he was saying ...

4 - Bonk kept talking to Johnson and it seemed like everything they were doing was '' planned '' or something they had worked on on the bench, but basically what I understood from seeing the game pan out was : Do something really complicated in your own zone to confuse the Thrashers, then give the puck to '' the kid '' and let him figure things out ... It seemed to work, Bonk and Johnson were murdering the Thrashers Defensively and then once the Defensemen wanted to '' implicate themselves '' they'd pass it to Zhogy and he'd just take off ...

4 - Kirk Muller kept saying WAAAH ???? everythime the ref came over, and I think that at some point the Ref wearing number 8 was getting pissed off ...

lol

Old
11-19-2006, 07:53 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carbo Diet View Post
Too much information
Not too quick,I hope.

Old
11-19-2006, 11:10 AM
David

Quote:

What I noticed :

This was great! These are the little tidbits that you can get here that you can't anywhere else!

It's good to see that the team is recognizing each others' strength and playing towards them...esp with Perezoghan's speed...and it's great that he's got the gumption to tell off Kovalev when he's not putting in the effort!

Old
11-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Ah well,

No juicy detail this morning, because there was no juicy night with my toothfairy. Not on the first date she says, and she told me that as we were on our way to the restaurant, she asked me if I expected to go all the way on the first night, I was uncertain, and she was clear. That kinda secured me, she's a good girl. But I'll be visiting her place and keep contact on the phone, and then we have another night out next Saturday. Things went good.

I never would have expected myself to care about a short haired woman. Never.

I could post because she took a little while in the bathroom to clean herself up or refresh her makeup or whatever.

I see Georges St. Pierre is now World Champion. Missed that last night. Great night, last night;

Anyways, I had recorded the game. Watched it this morning.

- I've said it before and I'll say it again, Our third line is the greatest puck possesion unit in the league. That's a murderous weapon against any line and we've seen it last night. Thrashers have the most productive first line in the league (All 3 are top 10 scorers in the league) and yet, Bonk, Johnson & Perezhogin owned them last night. They did nothing. Last night highlighted the issues of a one line team against the Habs, even if it may be the best line in the league.

- Johan Hedberg kept it a close game. Thrashers defense is, well, trash. Habs could have won it by 4-5 goals, by shootout. That goal of Atlanta was bullcrap.

- I pity an NHL team that needs Glen Metropolit, I really, really do.

- Cristobal Huet is great right now, I think the alternating goalies system is dead now.

- The Samsonov shot wasn't a goal from what I saw.

- Speak of the devil, Samsonov is a particular player when he's got the puck. You sure notice when he's in possession, he's the little erratic red dot that moves faster and changes direction more often than a pinball. Problem is, the puck seems magnetized to him and he doesn't do anything with it until he gets hit or fumbles it. Even Kovalev is seemingly getting sick of it. Carbo did good when he benched Samsonov and shifted Kovalev to the line with Plekanec and Begin. If Latendresse keeps working with Ryder and Koivu, Higgins on the second with Kovalev and someone else could create sparks.

- Dandenault wasn't hurt that bad I think. He went to congratulate Huet at the end of the game and played a little after he got potatoed on the skate.

- It is just me or is Mike Johnson ALWAYS down on his butt?!? I love him mind, and he's never falling when he needs to be solid on his skates, but when he's not on defensive mission, he's always falling!

- Never thought Perezhogin would evolve into a state of the art third liner. So much for the "If he can't play top 6, he can't play on the team." stuff.

- Streit blocked a bunch of shots. It's the best thing he can do defensively, he's not a coverage D-Man. Seeing him play last night reminded me that Jannah Eniima is never working again and that makes me happy. At best, we'll waive him, somebody will pick him up, and we'll have traded away the packet seller to Dallas without picking up a salary.

- Bouillon is coming back! That means Streit is headed to the box. But he can go there with his head high, he did his work, and will work again when someone needs a rest. He'll be a regular next year.

- Serge Savard with tears in his eyes. Something I never thought I'd see. Wonder if we'll ever see Bob Gainey's tears?

Hmmm, that'd be something.

Old
11-19-2006, 04:33 PM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

Great post Phil ! I agree with you on Streit, the guy is slowly turning into a pretty good D-man, I noticed that when Dandy, Rivet or Shelly were getting messed around with out there, he'd put Markov or Streit with them to calm things down, btw Streit has that first pass .. Mamma mia !!!!

Komo had another excellent game and mashed people around non stop ...

BTW

I took this chick once on '' rachel Street '' theres some kind of pottery store were you can make your own pottery, the chick I was with dug it !!! great couple activity

Old
11-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Alex1587

Is-it just me but for the last 3-4 game our 3rd line are playing like a 2nd line offensively and a solide def line ?Each game bonk-johnson get some good shoots and they miss good chance and perezhogin are learning a lot from these 2 veteran

Johnson are at 11 pt , bonk at 9 and pere at 7 =27 bonk+john = 20
Kovalev 12 pt , Samso 10 kosti 0 = 22

Kovalev have to move quick and put some goal in the net because maybe a game (and i hope it will happen) Kovalev could be centering the ..... 3rd line and bonk the 2nd.

And we can forget about allowing kovalev to play with bonk-john because he never make pass to bonk or john when they receive a chance in PP with kovalev

Old
11-19-2006, 09:49 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
- It is just me or is Mike Johnson ALWAYS down on his butt?!? I love him mind, and he's never falling when he needs to be solid on his skates, but when he's not on defensive mission, he's always falling!
Yeah, it's great! Johnson pays the price like no other Hab forward does except maybe Begin. He's a warrior.

Closed Thread