HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perez 3rd in plus minus, Huet 2nd in SV%

Old
11-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
Perez 3rd in plus minus, Huet 2nd in SV%

After the game tonight, Perezhogin is now 3trd in the league in +/- and Huet is 2nd in the league in SV%. I.m not surprised about Huet, but Perez with +11 is quite surprising.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 09:55 PM
henri2014

Since he came back with bonk and johnson perez is playing amazing hockey, causing tons of turnovers in the neutral zone and he forecheck really hard. I'm really happy with his play and if he continues like that hes gonna be a good player for the habs for a long time. Those extra 10 pounds didnt slow him down and they are really helping him in the corners. He has blazing speed and hes using it well.

henri2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Traitor8

Only thing missing in Perezhogin's game is finishing ...I expect more then 2 goals and 7 pts from him at this time

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 10:31 PM
ToNedOuT

I thought he was excellent today....strong on the puck (most of the time, but he was still falling down), creating turnovers, skating hard, goin for the net...I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Remember before the whole stick swinging incident perez looked deadly. He came alive the second half of that season...

ToNedOuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

nice to see our boys near top in catagorys

Nova_Scotia_Vees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Talent Analyst

Wow ... and perezhogin play against other team top line ! ... really impressing

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
Only thing missing in Perezhogin's game is finishing ...I expect more then 2 goals and 7 pts from him at this time
It will come. He would probably have more points if he didn't play with Kovalev and Samsonov for a couple of games. j/k

I didn't check the stats for tonight, but he seemed to shoot more tonight. So eventually the goals will come.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_Scotia_Vees View Post
nice to see our boys near top in catagorys
Souray and Markov are #5 and #6 in the league for points by a d-man

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Ross MacLochness

People are going to be surprised with Perezhogin at the end of the season, just as I knew people would be surprised with him now. Jan Bulis pt. II he is not.

Just keep the GD 3rd line together.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 10:53 PM
znk

Huet in the month of november(including tonights game)
5 games started 4 wins 1 loss.
1.58 GAA
0.954 sv %

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 11:19 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Huet appears to have stolen the #1 job for now and good for him he had a lot of people doubt he would return to last years form but it appears he has done so.

As for Perezhogin I have always been a fan of his, I can not believe how he put on that weight and retained or even improved his speed. He must win over 90% of the one on one battles he has for the puck

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Habbadasher

Perez will only get better, I hope he turns into a regular top 6 forward, he needs to crank up the offensive production though.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Huet appears to have stolen the #1 job for now and good for him he had a lot of people doubt he would return to last years form but it appears he has done so.

As for Perezhogin I have always been a fan of his, I can not believe how he put on that weight and retained or even improved his speed. He must win over 90% of the one on one battles he has for the puck

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=184975&hubname=

Carbonneau announced Huet will start Montreal's next game against the Minnesota Wild at home Wednesday, though he would go no further than that.

"Right now, his technique is good and he's making the tough saves look easy," Carbonneau said. "All I can say is he'll be in the net against Minny."

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Higgins and Perezhogin are special, special players. They are most likely going to be big stars. The progress these two have made is outstanding, I feel that Perezhogin is only touching the tip of his potential. Those who have followed him for a while, I think they know what I mean. Good thing the media and the fans arent running the show, he'd have been traded for a 6th rounder before pre-season. I like the fact the organization has hard working young players like Perezhogin, Higgins, Chipchura, Lapierre, Ryder, D'Agostini and from what I've seen this year, Latendresse(lets hope he doesn't return to Drummondville form).

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I was a Perezhogin fan since he got drafted, but my enthusiasm for him dipped a little last year (especially after this year's camp, after reading these forums). However, what I've seen from him in the last few games has been impressive. It seems like he has become more confident going to the net, and works extremely hard. Tonight, he had several outstanding chances, and was easily one of hte best players on the ice. I'm hopeful that he can continue this and that this isn't just a flash in the pan moment. I think after Hossa scored 4 goals in 4 games for us in 2002/03, I've decided to reserve some judgement on some of our younger players. However, Perezhogin has improved steadily this year, and I'm getting the feeling that this isn't just a hot streak.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Perez is learning a lot of stuff from Bonk, wich is a good thing because he's a good player. Last year he was never playing with the same guys for extended periods of time or was dressed and wasen't playing more than 4minutes. We have to put the rookies in a situation where they can have sucess and the recent play of Latendresse prove it. The kids get better by the day and down the road it will be our main force.

Id like to see that line next training camp :
Perezhogin-Chipchura-Latendresse

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Bryzga lol*

Perez played awesome. And Huet's back to last year's form. He just called me after the game and said "Oui, je suis maintenant en forme. J'ai mangé trop de baguette en France. Franchement Chisto."

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Higgins and Perezhogin are special, special players. They are most likely going to be big stars. The progress these two have made is outstanding, I feel that Perezhogin is only touching the tip of his potential. Those who have followed him for a while, I think they know what I mean. Good thing the media and the fans arent running the show, he'd have been traded for a 6th rounder before pre-season. I like the fact the organization has hard working young players like Perezhogin, Higgins, Chipchura, Lapierre, Ryder, D'Agostini and from what I've seen this year, Latendresse(lets hope he doesn't return to Drummondville form).
Let's not forget Pleks! A guy that contributes immensely to this team, and is a solid, well-rounded player.

Higgins, Pleks, Perez! Wow!

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Where's all the Perezhogin haters from last year. All I remember is arguing them last year. Good for #42 but I agree with a few that I'd like to see some more goals from him.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 02:50 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Just lok at Afinogenov in Buffalo. He has only begun to blossom. Buffalo could have easily given up on him a few years ago and now look at him. Perezhogin has close to that calibre of potential with his speed and skill. The current management and coaching staff are very patient as they were with Latendresse. They see things we fans do not. We saw Lats not getting a point in 13 games, now look at him. Carbonneau is turning out to be a great coach with patience.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:53 AM
bipolarhabfan

One word with young players: PATIENCE. Not every rookie will be like a Crosby or Ovechkin who were all stars the minute they stepped on NHL ice. For Perez, the sky is the limit and I will predict a seventy-five to ninety point season down the road for him. Moreover, during the lockout, he played in Russia amongst many NHL regulars, and still managed to be top-five in points. Once he gets more confidence and experience, he will blossom into the player we all know he is capable of becoming.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 06:02 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Just lok at Afinogenov in Buffalo. He has only begun to blossom. Buffalo could have easily given up on him a few years ago and now look at him. Perezhogin has close to that calibre of potential with his speed and skill. The current management and coaching staff are very patient as they were with Latendresse. They see things we fans do not. We saw Lats not getting a point in 13 games, now look at him. Carbonneau is turning out to be a great coach with patience.
I was one of the few that didnt believe the style comparisons between Perezhogin and Afinogenov, but I watched the Buffalo/Pittsburgh game friday evening and damn!! they sure look alike now... the biggest difference I would say is experience... If you look at Afinogenov, he knows now when to control the puck or not to, while Perezoghin seems to control the puck too much some times (waiting too look to pass or shoot the puck)... like you said, patience, IT WILL pay off in a near future...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 08:40 AM
mcphee

Quote:
You feel Perezhogin will grow into a big offensive contributor ? I watch and I'm not quite sure what kind of player he'll be. I love the energy and doggedness he brings to his line. His speed is certainly helping his linemates. I wonder if he is about to break out offensively or if he has the poise to be a scorer. I wonder if he has a bit of Rejean Houle in him, a ggod forechecker, hard worker, great skater, good offensively but maybe not as good as expected.

I'm not ragging on the kid, I'm glad he's on the team, I'm just not sure what kind of player he'll be in 5 years. He'll be a good one, but 30 goals 40 assists good, or 15/15 and a terror on a checking line ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 09:13 AM
GoodKiwi

Perez has been our most consistent player this season I feel. He's out there every game!

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:02 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
You feel Perezhogin will grow into a big offensive contributor ? I watch and I'm not quite sure what kind of player he'll be. I love the energy and doggedness he brings to his line. His speed is certainly helping his linemates. I wonder if he is about to break out offensively or if he has the poise to be a scorer. I wonder if he has a bit of Rejean Houle in him, a ggod forechecker, hard worker, great skater, good offensively but maybe not as good as expected.

I'm not ragging on the kid, I'm glad he's on the team, I'm just not sure what kind of player he'll be in 5 years. He'll be a good one, but 30 goals 40 assists good, or 15/15 and a terror on a checking line ?
Great post, i felt the same way.

but i see perez as someone who's just lacking confidence and puck control, the line Carbonneau's got perez on is perfect, considering johnson and bonk both have solid puck control and also have a huge amount puck possetion time, this line will help perez develope faster and also will get his confidance right up, his confidance was allot lower earlier on this year, he looked allot more rough and shakey, he's playing more solid now, i think his confidance is key.
he'll get better and better we'll see perez morph into different perez as the season goes by.
Carbonneau's really going to help perez develope
i also think he has the potential to be a very skilled late bloomer aswell.

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote