HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2014 Memorial Cup, London, Ontario

Old
09-13-2013, 06:26 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 500
Wow. I'm from Kingston and I don't get out to see the Frontenacs that often, but according to this thread they might actually be worth watching this year

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
Wow. I'm from Kingston and I don't get out to see the Frontenacs that often, but according to this thread they might actually be worth watching this year
Worth watching either way... I've watched them off and on since Bernie Nicholls and Tim Kerr days, and while there have been lots of entertaining years and players pass through, results are never there... not fair maybe to project that legacy onto the current organization, but hey, Kingston winning and going to the Mem Cup still feels impossibly far-fetched to me. (Hoping to be proven wrong... just an alien feeling reading the predictions!)

Anyway, feels to me like there are a mix of teams in the hunt in the OHL behind the Knights, so who makes it will become a factor of chemistry, trade acquisitions - which teams shore up their needs best, mostly. Tough luck for the West teams like Guelph and Saginaw that they have to go through London to get there, which the East teams don't have to.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 02:22 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
I think the WHL champ comes out of the Western Conference. I think teams like Kelowna, Portland even Everett are well ahead of a team like Prince Albert or Kootenay.

How Kelowna got left out of this CHL top 10 is beyond me. I fully expect them to be hands down the top team in the WHL this year.

As for London. Wow. I don't expect them to lose too many games this season.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 12:47 AM
SBrisScout

London will be so impressive this year. They'll have the two best defensive forwards in the league in Horvat, and Tierney.

SBrisScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Snippit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I think the WHL champ comes out of the Western Conference. I think teams like Kelowna, Portland even Everett are well ahead of a team like Prince Albert or Kootenay.

How Kelowna got left out of this CHL top 10 is beyond me. I fully expect them to be hands down the top team in the WHL this year.

As for London. Wow. I don't expect them to lose too many games this season.
As a Knights fan, I'll say that the Knights will have a depleted lineup to start the year, not to mention the WJC (missing their best 5 players). Don't expect some crazy 58-10 year.

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote