HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ San Jose Sharks, 10:30PM (WPSG/WPHT)

Old
11-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandobetter View Post
he is planning to fight in UFC after hockey career
What a ****ing moron. He'll find out real quick that hockey enforcers are second tier fighers who just happen to be able to absorb an abnormal amount of blows to the head (wonder why).

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Kevin Danko
...the way she goes

vCash: 420
suit em up.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashisCash View Post
Wow I was feeling like **** till I came to this board. What a hilarious ****ing game day thread. I feel sorry for you guys and hope you turn it around but god damn this is entertaining.
From Lion of the North's art of the GDT to the characters on this board, the Flyers GDT are always the best. It's the only ones I care to read, and I'm not a Flyers fan.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 12:58 AM
RoDu

Some nights Forsberg looks like a Hall of Famer, and other nights he looks like an aging broken down vet past his prime, and other times he looks...well, doesn't look like anything; invisible

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:01 AM
RoDu

Nitty with the shutout!!! ******* Yeah!!!

Old
11-19-2006, 01:01 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
Some nights Forsberg looks like a Hall of Famer, and other nights he looks like an aging broken down vet past his prime, and other times he looks...well, doesn't look like anything; invisible
Just like Axl Rose.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Kevin, I see your flaming Asian and raise you one Leonid the Magnificent.

Old
11-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Kevin Danko
...the way she goes

vCash: 420
lets do some s.a.t. analogy questions, shall we?

1. Mike Rathje is to skating as:
a. Richard simmons is to straight.
b. Philadelphia is to clean arteries.
c. Sidney Crosby is a cry baby.

2. Robert Esche is to good goalie as:
a. Michael Jackson is to normal.
b. Steve Coats is sober
c. San Jose Sharks is to San Francisco; relocated
d. All of the above

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
I was going to say that's the closest he's going to get to a shutout this year.

Credit the Sharks (and mostly Wilson) for playing the lower lines and playing conservatively. If this was the Gaybres you know they'd be out there trying to put up 12 or 15 goals.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:05 AM
RoDu

Well, I'm out, untill next time

Old
11-19-2006, 01:33 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Tough question Kevin.

Molley = x
Rathje and Hatcher = y
Clarke = t*e^(1/t)

x = 2y + t*e^(1/t)
  • 't' is negligible, since Clarke's career was brief compared to the history of the universe.

x = 2y
  • Equating y to x in a seperate linear equation would be inaccurate. Taking into consideration the combined plus/minus rating of Hatcher and Rathje would give us a far more accurape equality.

x = 2(x-20)

x = 20

Molley = 20

y = x-20

Rathje and Hatcher = 0

In conclusion, Molley is indeed better than Rathje and Hatcher.

Last edited by Roger's Pancreas*: 11-19-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Old
11-19-2006, 02:14 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoholyca View Post
God damn buttman special for Cane. Thats what u get when you stand up for a teammate who was blindsided. This is the **** that leads to the Berttuzi situations.
I've said that before. I'm glad to see there's someone out there who agrees with me. Luckily, I didn't get to see the game because I was at a concert tonight, but I'm tired of how seriously "girly" the NHL is becoming. I'm actually beginning to highly dislike the game. I've lost all my enjoyment of watching. I'm sure part of that has to do with being a fan of a team that sucks, but the other part has to do with the fact that the game now caters to f**s!

capn89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Dykhuis26

Just came back from the game, first time I've had the opportunity to see these 2006 Flyers live. Here are a few of my observations:
1. My wife said early in the first period, "Why is our team so much slower than theirs?" Seriously, her first ever hockey game and she sees this immediately.
2. Esche is terrible. After the 5th goal I was craning my neck to the bench looking for Niittymaki but couldn't find him. The guy next to me pointed out that visitor's goalies sit across the way by themselves. Sure enough after the next goal he came in. And he's now my wife's favorite player since he didn't let in any goals and he has a cool name.
3. Didn't notice Richards. Umberger I noticed on occassion cause he was the only one finishing every check.
4. Sanderson was once again the best player on the ice for us.
5. The mighty mites that had a shootout between periods have a better chance of hitting an open net than Hatcher.

Disappointed to say the least, and now the Flyers don't come back West for 2 years. Maybe that's a good thing for me.

Dykhuis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 02:59 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykhuis26 View Post
1. My wife said early in the first period, "Why is our team so much slower than theirs?" Seriously, her first ever hockey game and she sees this immediately.
2. Esche is terrible. After the 5th goal I was craning my neck to the bench looking for Niittymaki but couldn't find him. The guy next to me pointed out that visitor's goalies sit across the way by themselves. Sure enough after the next goal he came in. And he's now my wife's favorite player since he didn't let in any goals and he has a cool name.
Your wife knows hockey better than the people managing this team.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 05:49 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Before everyone jumps off the bridge...this is a team that did get 2 wins on a road trip where we would have been lucky to get even 1.

This next week is crucial. Grudge match vs. Pittsburgh, a game against Ottawa who is also getting better, a game against Columbus where if they lose that game I fully expect the Flyers not not accept their next paycheck, and a road game in Montreal that we simply need to have.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Before everyone jumps off the bridge...this is a team that did get 2 wins on a road trip where we would have been lucky to get even 1.

This next week is crucial. Grudge match vs. Pittsburgh, a game against Ottawa who is also getting better, a game against Columbus where if they lose that game I fully expect the Flyers not not accept their next paycheck, and a road game in Montreal that we simply need to have.
LA win was nice, but the Anaheim one was smoke-and-mirrors. nice that this team got it, but 41-16 in shots tells a completely different tale than the scoreboard, which is the more important story in the context of this season.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 09:28 AM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Man, you stole my line!

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 09:30 AM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

I was thinking the same thing. We got four out of six possible points. Who would've thought that before the trip started? We played better against Pittsburg last time, hopefully they can put some positive momentum back into their game before tomorrow night.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dank View Post
a nuclear bomb could go off at the trade deadline and our lines for the playoffs would still be

Rufus the stunt bum, Barbara Bush, George W. Bush
Boyd Kane, Tristan Grant, Kyle Calder
Emilio Estevez, Richard Simmons, Pat Burrell

Rathje, Hatcher
Therian, Meyer
Jones, Picard (in a wheelchair)
Richard Simmons would have only signed under Hitch, you watch, he will end up in Columbus.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:46 AM
BringBackStevens

that hit on picard still makes me sick. probably broke his jaw because of that gutless drunk driving moron mark bell.

how does the league justify there being NO POWER PLAY from that? that is a complete joke, way to protect your players you ****ing joke of a league. this league makes me want to barf

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:56 AM
RoDu

This team realy needs a defensive leader on the backend. Two of the six are old, slow shambling idiots and the rest are playing like idiots because they lack experiance.

Old
11-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
that hit on picard still makes me sick. probably broke his jaw because of that gutless drunk driving moron mark bell.

how does the league justify there being NO POWER PLAY from that? that is a complete joke, way to protect your players you ****ing joke of a league. this league makes me want to barf
hit wasn't really that bad... it was just in a dangerous part of the ice. part of that is on Picard for putting himself in a position to have that happen to him... similar to the hit on Cole last year, where he got himself into a dangerous position and something bad happened.

Old
11-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Jester

Quote:
This team realy needs a defensive leader on the backend. Two of the six are old, slow shambling idiots and the rest are playing like idiots because they lack experiance.
yep... our old guys aren't good enough and our young kids aren't ready. it's a bad situation.

Old
11-19-2006, 11:10 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
hit wasn't really that bad... it was just in a dangerous part of the ice. part of that is on Picard for putting himself in a position to have that happen to him... similar to the hit on Cole last year, where he got himself into a dangerous position and something bad happened.
give me a break, thats a reckless hit any way you look at it. picard turned but bell showed no respect for picard whatsoever when he decided to recklessly throw him into the boards when he was standing 3 feet away from them. it should have been a 5 minute major, and even if it wasn't i would be less appalled if the league didn't insist on giving out instigators when players need to take protecting the players on their team into their own hands because the league refuses to do it for them.

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
give me a break, thats a reckless hit any way you look at it. picard turned but bell showed no respect for picard whatsoever when he decided to recklessly throw him into the boards when he was standing 3 feet away from them. it should have been a 5 minute major, and even if it wasn't i would be less appalled if the league didn't insist on giving out instigators when players need to take protecting the players on their team into their own hands because the league refuses to do it for them.
hit was to Picard's side... and the danger was created by Picard... not Bell. this is a physical game and players need to be aware that they are going to get hit and put themselves in positions to deal with that. Picard did not do that there. does that mean hitting players are completely innocent? no. however, there are a lot of plays, like that one, where the player who gets hurt puts himself in a spot where he can get dinged bad...

simply put, you don't stand in that 3-5 foot area away from the boards where you can get seriously f'd up and then turn away from the player coming at you so that when he does run into you (Picard saw him coming) you're in a position where you're going to go face first into the boards.

if Picard mans up there and meets the contact, he's not injured. that simple.

kudos for Kane coming to the defense of a teammate, however.