HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

GTA V Part 2 (17 September 2013) (HF Crew Post 465)

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
I'd feel pretty embarrassed if I didn't work just so I could play a video game, even GTA.

Old
09-14-2013, 10:20 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
I'd feel pretty embarrassed if I didn't work just so I could play a video game, even GTA.
Luckily I have a good job, I guess

Old
09-14-2013, 10:53 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
While I'd most likely agree with you, the fact of the matter is that I have about 16 or so days that I need to take before the years end otherwise I lose them at my job. Did I plan to take a whole week to play a video game? No, but I felt it'd be a nice time to do it around.

09-14-2013, 11:16 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

I'd feel pretty embarrassed if argued all day with strangers on a forum about a video game

Strong life

Old
09-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
I don't.

I'm taking Wednesday off just to wake up and continue playing GTA.
I remember what I was drinking (Some weird coffee caramel mix) when I got back from picking up GTA IV.

I don't remember any single day of my job. Just one big blur of **** that will be there the next day.

Old
09-15-2013, 04:06 AM
Patchey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
I don't.

I remember what I was drinking (Some weird coffee caramel mix) when I got back from picking up GTA IV.

I don't remember any single day of my job. Just one big blur of **** that will be there the next day.
Exactly. If you can take the days off, who the **** cares?
Getting FIRED for a game, on the other hand.

Old
09-15-2013, 06:27 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
I don't.

This is a great point. Sometimes, during the grind before you've got kids and a wife, it's just nice to take some time for yourself.

Plus, I've got the fiancee coming down on the weekend, so I won't have any time to play, let alone savor a game I've been highly anticipating for 5 years.

Old
09-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Mine's been dispatched today. Might come Tuesday after all.

Old
09-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Haven't preordered yet

Geez

Old
09-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Couple more days...

09-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Beau Knows
Captain Canada

Can't wait! The gameplay videos that are out there look amazing. Graphics are outstanding, draw distance is great and driving and shooting are much better than GTA 4. The physics also seemed really dynamic.

I'm not going to watch too much more, but I love what I have seen so far.

Old
09-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

PS4 version of GTAV and PC version are pretty much confirmed at this point.

Old
09-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

No they're not. Next Gen and PC are likely, but it's no where close to all but confirmed.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
No they're not. Next Gen and PC are likely, but it's no where close to all but confirmed.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=678177&page=2

That's fairly confirmed.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Unholy

Gonna get it later. I remember all this happening with IV and oh gosh the disappointment..

Besides I'm too busy playing FFXIV to be bothered playing anything else.

09-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
Gonna get it later. I remember all this happening with IV and oh gosh the disappointment..

Besides I'm too busy playing FFXIV to be bothered playing anything else.
GTA IV was a good game in it's own right. It didn't have the 'fun' of San Andreas but I really enjoyed it either way. All signs (trailers, gameplay and freeroam leak videos) are indicative that GTA V is bringing back the fun aspect of Grand Theft Auto games with nice graphics and tons of activities separate from the storyline.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
No, not really. It's data from a pirated version of the game, and junk data within a game is never proof of anything. It also suggests that there is no Xbox One version, which makes it an even less likely confirmation. It's as much as a confirmation an Amazon listing.

It's not like Diablo where everything pointed to other releases. There's plenty arguments that say niether will happen. Those have diminished recently but nothing is all but confirmed yet.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
No, not really. It's data from a pirated version of the game, and junk data within a game is never proof of anything. It also suggests that there is no Xbox One version, which makes it an even less likely confirmation. It's as much as a confirmation an Amazon listing.

It's not like Diablo where everything pointed to other releases. There's plenty arguments that say niether will happen. Those have diminished recently but nothing is all but confirmed yet.
Except both Nvidia and Sony themselves have mentioned GTAV on PC and PS4 respectively. This is just another added bullet point that both are coming.

If Sony and Nvidia hadn't said anything before this, I'd agree with you, but they have.

And it not coming to Xbox One is completely plausible. Do not forget that Sony and Rockstar have an agreement for an exclusive game called Agent. Sony may have offered or may offer to let Rockstar out of that contract for no Xbox One version. It's not "unlikely" at all. It also could mean that Rockstar just did not have a .xbox One dev kit yet.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

GTA V ad on TSN right before Chargers vs. Eagles.

Old
09-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Except both Nvidia and Sony themselves have mentioned GTAV on PC and PS4 respectively. This is just another added bullet point that both are coming.

If Sony and Nvidia hadn't said anything before this, I'd agree with you, but they have.

And it not coming to Xbox One is completely plausible. Do not forget that Sony and Rockstar have an agreement for an exclusive game called Agent. Sony may have offered or may offer to let Rockstar out of that contract for no Xbox One version. It's not "unlikely" at all. It also could mean that Rockstar just did not have a .xbox One dev kit yet.
Nvidia mentioned PC and then came out and said they had absolutely no knowledge of a PC version and we're just speculating. A Sony of UK (Not SCE, just general Sony) twitter accidently said PS4 when they meant PS3. This stuff happens all the time. Nvidia hasn't confirmed a PC version, and Sony definitely hasn't confirmed a PS4 version.

It's very unlikely that there is no One version. It makes zero sense. Agent has been vapourware for years, Rockstar has no obligation to create a game for Sony. The only chance it would happen is if Sony helped work on GTA, and even then it doesn't matter (Microsoft commissioned Mass Effect for 360, published and partially funded it, it just prevented the Mass Effect series from coming to PS3 for a long time). Even with games like Gears of War that were commissioned by one company, there is no contract that says this company must do such and such. If Agent fell through, it fell through, it's not worth not creating an Xbox version. Timed exclusive is the only possibility but it's a rather large waste of money this early in the generation. If there is a PS4 version, there will be a One version. 100% guaranteed. Rockstar is not loyal to Sony.

What's most likely is this paste bin is altered or fake. There is PC code in every game, so that's real. PS4 data? I doubt it. Probably added in. Not a creative hoax, they should have put PS4 and WiiU in. That would be funny.

Old
09-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Nvidia mentioned PC and then came out and said they had absolutely no knowledge of a PC version and we're just speculating. A Sony of UK (Not SCE, just general Sony) twitter accidently said PS4 when they meant PS3. This stuff happens all the time. Nvidia hasn't confirmed a PC version, and Sony definitely hasn't confirmed a PS4 version.

It's very unlikely that there is no One version. It makes zero sense. Agent has been vapourware for years, Rockstar has no obligation to create a game for Sony. The only chance it would happen is if Sony helped work on GTA, and even then it doesn't matter (Microsoft commissioned Mass Effect for 360, published and partially funded it, it just prevented the Mass Effect series from coming to PS3 for a long time). Even with games like Gears of War that were commissioned by one company, there is no contract that says this company must do such and such. If Agent fell through, it fell through, it's not worth not creating an Xbox version. Timed exclusive is the only possibility but it's a rather large waste of money this early in the generation. If there is a PS4 version, there will be a One version. 100% guaranteed. Rockstar is not loyal to Sony.
Agent isn't dead though. It is still very much alive and well according to both Rockstar and Sony. Also, even if it was dead, that doesn't mean Sony would say "aw shucks, I guess you don't owe us anything". That's not commonly how contracts work. I mean, I guess it could, but pigs could also fly.

I'm not saying its guaranteed to be PS4 only, I'm merely saying Sony and Nvidia have mentioned it. Microsoft hasn't, so they are unknown. Whether both companies truly had slip ups and revealed things or both just misspoke, I am leaning towards the first of those two scenarios, because that is my opinion. If it was slip ups, then this latest news reinforces those slip ups. To me, is reaching a point where it's becoming confirmed without actually being confirmed yet.

It could turn out to be false, but again, seems pretty likely to me that a rerelease of GTAV would come eventually. Rockstar has a history of it.

Old
09-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

If you preordered on PSN, you can download at 12AM Eastern

Not sure about xbox (or if you can even preorder there)

09-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
There's something surreal of seeing so many building-sized ads for this in the real LA

First time I've been really pumped for one of these since Vice City...I won't be able to really spend quality playing time with it for a couple of days, but oh well...it feels like I've been waiting for this game eagerly for at least two years now...a couple extra days won't kill me.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
09-15-2013, 12:24 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Haven't preordered yet

Geez
And this is our HF Crew Leader?!

I feel an overthrow coming.

Old
09-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
And this is our HF Crew Leader?!

I feel an overthrow coming.
A coup d'virtualcriminalcrew us imminent.

Quote:
Agent isn't dead though. It is still very much alive and well according to both Rockstar and Sony. Also, even if it was dead, that doesn't mean Sony would say "aw shucks, I guess you don't owe us anything". That's not commonly how contracts work. I mean, I guess it could, but pigs could also fly.

I'm not saying its guaranteed to be PS4 only, I'm merely saying Sony and Nvidia have mentioned it. Microsoft hasn't, so they are unknown. Whether both companies truly had slip ups and revealed things or both just misspoke, I am leaning towards the first of those two scenarios, because that is my opinion. If it was slip ups, then this latest news reinforces those slip ups. To me, is reaching a point where it's becoming confirmed without actually being confirmed yet.

It could turn out to be false, but again, seems pretty likely to me that a rerelease of GTAV would come eventually. Rockstar has a history of it.
I don't know if them saying that the anything. No company likes to say their game is canceled even if it is. It just fades away. Who would be working on it? None of the major studios (Rockstar North, Canada, and San Diego) will have their main team on it because they're either work in on GTA (R* North) or unannounced titles (San Diego and Canada). I suppose there could be a sub team working on it but there's been no information for years. It's most likely shelved or in the works as a multi platform game.

A release may be likely, but I don't think this change the chances.

Closed Thread