HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Training Camp is Here!

Old
09-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
Add to that he would have to outplay two of M.Koivu, Lehterä, Kontiola, S.Koivu and Barkov to get that top 6 center spot. It will be hard for Teravainen but it is in realms of possibility. If Jokerit makes it to the finals he will have to break some records to be chosen.
Saku's done with the Worlds.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 01:38 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
Add to that he would have to outplay two of M.Koivu, Lehterä, Kontiola, S.Koivu and Barkov to get that top 6 center spot. It will be hard for Teravainen but it is in realms of possibility. If Jokerit makes it to the finals he will have to break some records to be chosen.
Well, if they get to the finals it might be hard to make it. But I'm just repeating what I think it was Mark Kelley said...that there was a chance that he plays at WC this year. The fact he can play wing should help, no?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Hagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Well, if they get to the finals it might be hard to make it. But I'm just repeating what I think it was Mark Kelley said...that there was a chance that he plays at WC this year. The fact he can play wing should help, no?
I thought that the center would be the weakest position for Team Finland, but you are actually right. Only Granlund, J.Jokinen, T.Ruutu, Korpikoski and V.Filppula to beat. Some won't possibly come at all and actually Teravainen could manage a third line winger role (Aaltonen, Bergenheim, Pihlström, Joensuu as competition for the spot).

Hagged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 02:45 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 33m
#Blackhawks scrimmage stats: Hayes (3G, 2A), Sharp (3G, 2A), Teravainen (2G, 2A), Kane (3G). Hartman, Shalunov, Morin, T. Broadhurst 2G each

also from Lazerus...tomorrow night's scrimmage is a 60 minute game and Q doesn't plan to make cuts before it.

Old
09-15-2013, 03:08 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
It's one thing to shine in inter-squad scrimmages than in actual games against other teams.
Exactly. 2 camps ago, both Morin and Smith looked great in intra-squad hockey in the pre-season, especially Morin ....and they're both still outside looking in. Gotta keep things in perspective in pre-season.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
How have the goalies looked?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 04:18 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

scott bowman ‏@coachwsb 11m
After watching Teuvo Teravainen 4 days @ Training Camp I came away very impressed He reminds me so much of Igor Larionov the way he plays

Old
09-15-2013, 04:45 PM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
After watching Teuvo Teravainen 4 days @ Training Camp I came away very impressed He reminds me so much of Igor Larionov the way he plays

Larionov ?? High praise indeed coming from a man who saw a lot of Larionov but wow he's setting the bar pretty high for the kid.I've only seen clips and some televised games at the WJC,can't say I saw any Larionov in him.Then again I wasn't paying any particular attention to him.Maybe someone who has seen a lot of TT and still remembers how Larionov played could tell me if there are any similarities in their style of play.Anyone ???

If this kid becomes anything like Larionov we will all be very happy !!

krazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:00 PM
wladyslaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Exactly. 2 camps ago, both Morin and Smith looked great in intra-squad hockey in the pre-season, especially Morin ....and they're both still outside looking in. Gotta keep things in perspective in pre-season.
Agreed, but both of those guys have had a lot of injuries to slow them down,
also TT is on another level of play making and heads up, agile skater.

This is one big reason to let him "learn" to avoid contact/cheap shots in Finland- plenty of cheap shot/hitters in NHL. Smith was concussed by Wings Smith skating with head down last pre-season.

wladyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:01 PM
krazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
How have the goalies looked?
Been wondering that myself.Haven't seen anything about them,everyone seems to be focusing on forwards.Not much about the dmen either.How has Crawford been adjusting to the new pads? Does he even have his new ones yet.Apparently some goalies are having a problem getting their pads on time.What about Raanta(sp?).Has the reigning MVP from Finland looked like it? How has he been coping with the different angles,Does he communicate well with his dmen? Carruth,Whitney,Simpson?? Any and all info welcome!

Old
09-15-2013, 05:39 PM
wladyslaw

[QUOTE=krazyhawk;71140551]Been wondering that myself.Haven't seen anything about them,everyone seems to be focusing on forwards.Not much about the dmen either.How has Crawford been adjusting to the new pads? Does he even have his new ones yet.Apparently some goalies are having a problem getting their pads on time.What about Raanta(sp?).Has the reigning MVP from Finland looked like it? How has he been coping with the different angles,Does he communicate well with his dmen? Carruth,Whitney,Simpson?? Any and all info welcome! [/QUOTEtae]

heard the Bulin Wall looked really good. Overall, it appears to be like an All Star game -- lots of O and no D!

wladyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:43 PM
jrc494

Crow was a sieve today.

jrc494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:49 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
well, they'll have the same problem next year, too...one would think.

from what i've heard about his play so far from camp...and then factoring in another season playing in finland...it could very well be he won't need any time in rockford and is able to play directly in the nhl.

when does jokerit's season end? i wonder if we see him after that...isn't that what happened with kruger?
Yep, TT won't be spending any time in Rockford. Been saying it since the Hawks drafted him. The kid's going to be too good for the AHL next year.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:51 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Remember last year when Crawford let in a bunch of goals during the intra-squad games and everyone was ******** the bed? Good times.

Old
09-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
Remember last year when Crawford let in a bunch of goals during the intra-squad games and everyone was ******** the bed? Good times.
What's your point?

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 05:56 PM
krazyhawk

Not too worried about the number of goals they give up,it is just a scrimmage after all.I'm more concerned with the type of goals allowed,whether or not they were weak ones,off rebounds stuff like that.With the type of offensive talent at camp,I would expect a ton of goals scored no matter how good the goalies play.Question is how many of them were actually the goalies fault??

Old
09-15-2013, 06:01 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
What's your point?
It's pretty obvious.

Old
09-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
It's pretty obvious.
Obviously. It was a rhetorical question. The whole point I was making, which I thought was obvious as well, was that one person making a comment about Crawford having an off day does not necessitate you bringing it to that.

Obviously all goalies have days they would like back. I don't think most here are concerned about day 5 of training camp as far as CC is concerned.

Last edited by Kurtosis: 09-15-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 06:11 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
What's your point?
The sky never fell, much to several folks' surprise.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Sevanston

Quote:

All due respect to the best coach in NHL history, but he's also compared Leddy to Housley and Hjalmarsson to Lidstrom.

I'd take his comparisons with a grain of salt.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Hawkaholic

Ya, he's getting senile at his old age. But, Larionov wasn't a Housley or Lidstrom, he wasn't a top player in his era. So this comparison could make more sense.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 08:14 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wladyslaw View Post
Agreed, but both of those guys have had a lot of injuries to slow them down,
also TT is on another level of play making and heads up, agile skater.

This is one big reason to let him "learn" to avoid contact/cheap shots in Finland- plenty of cheap shot/hitters in NHL. Smith was concussed by Wings Smith skating with head down last pre-season.
Agreed, but you were one of those wanting to fast track TT into the Hawks line-up. Personally, I'd rather he come over now and learn that in RFD, but that won't happen, so yes, Finland for at least another season, no matter how good he may look in this camp.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 08:21 PM
xX Hot Fuss

No need to rush TT at all. We have too much NHL talent and prospect talent to rush a kid as potentially special as him

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 08:38 PM
TweetyLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
All due respect to the best coach in NHL history, but he's also compared Leddy to Housley and Hjalmarsson to Lidstrom.

I'd take his comparisons with a grain of salt.
I think those are very valid comparisons.
Comparing should always be taken with grain of salt, because often you compare someone with lower skill level (Hjalmarsson) to someone with very high reputation and awesome skill level (Lidstrom).

Hammer and Lidas have similar aspects on their game, Hammer is not that good with the puck on offensive side but he plays similar game in D that Lidstrom played.

Leddy and Housley also have many same aspects to their game. Obviously Leddy ain't Housley and never will be, but it points to similar game, not similiar skill level.

When reading something, its always good to understand what you are reading and not take things literally every time

TweetyLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 08:46 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

So why are only 4 of the 6 preseason games getting televised? You can't tell me CSN has a better ratings grabbed to air those nights...

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote