HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Good teams don't lose two in a row or three in a row"

Old
11-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Slick Nick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Shabutie, what I think is you pointed out the 2nd PP's lack of scoring to make you feel good about the Ribeiro trade. You will have to move on at some point.

The team is better off without him, like it or not.
Niinimaa is up in the box and the second line lacks a real centerman... not sure the team is better without him, definitly not better with Niinimaa in the line up.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
I've been watching Higgins for years now so I always knew in my mind he'd turn out the way he is turning out right now, but after seeing Komi struggle so much last season, I am so happy to see the way he is progressing. I think my favourite part about his game is how much exception he takes to the opposition even breathing on Huet or Aebischer

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:35 PM
vcx*

I'm glad Ribeiro is gone, couldn't respect the punk after the pathetic crap he pulled in Boston a few yrs back.

I wouldn't say he has crap linemates though, Dallas isn't some crappy team talent wise, just because you don't know who the hell they are or what they bring to table, does not make them crap.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:36 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I've been watching Higgins for years now so I always knew in my mind he'd turn out the way he is turning out right now, but after seeing Komi struggle so much last season, I am so happy to see the way he is progressing. I think my favourite part about his game is how much exception he takes to the opposition even breathing on Huet or Aebischer
I'll be honest, i saw Higgins potential as a Draper type guy with an edge but that doesn't mean i didn't think he would be good, glad to see he has more potential offensively and that i will be proven wrong about who i thought he would be like.

Old
11-19-2006, 10:39 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Niinimaa is up in the box and the second line lacks a real centerman... not sure the team is better without him, definitly not better with Niinimaa in the line up.
Niinimaa has me confused. He is a good defenseman when he is actually trying. But he just looks bored or just not motivated anymore. It's like he doesn't care when he plays and who knows what the problem is as no one knows the guy personally.

Some team will get desperate and Niinimaa will be pawned off and if its for a draft pick, great, at least its a return.

Old
11-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Mr BLUEandWHITE

I really hope that TOR-MON make the playoffs and play eachother what a classic it would be. It would be just awesome to see them play in the conference finals. Wishfull thinking

Mr BLUEandWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLUEandWHITE View Post
I really hope that TOR-MON make the playoffs and play eachother what a classic it would be. It would be just awesome to see them play in the conference finals. Wishfull thinking
That'd mean Toronto would make the playoffs though. That wouldn't be nice to see.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
How do you know that? The 2nd line hasn't been very productive; it hasn't looked better than it did WITH Ribeiro and the 2nd PP unit is looking far worse. All the while Ribs is putting up respectable numbers in Dallars with worse linemates then he would have had and started the season strictly as a 4th liner + 2nd PP line center.
How do I know that? Because Kovalev is a better center than Ribeiro.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote