HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Oakley Visor Hardware

Old
09-14-2013, 08:34 PM
WalterWhite

vCash: 500
Oakley Visor Hardware

I just bought a pro stock Oakley VR904 on ebay, but it doesn't come with any hardware. I've done some research and haven't been able to find Oakley's repair kit from any Canadian retailer.

I've read that others just went to a hardware store and were able to get the nylon washers and longer screws. If I were to do this, does anybody know what size washer I would need?

I also found a "universal" visor repair kit on ebay for about $13 shipped, but I think I should be able to find something cheaper.

Any help?

WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 09:47 AM
1manband

I went down to my local B&Q (Home Depot) and got some screw cap covers like this ......

http://www.homedepot.com/p/8-White-P...7#.UjXIR2R4Zbs

I cut the top off and used 2 spacer per screw, works perfectly! theyre also available in black!

1manband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 08:44 PM
SkateThroughIt

Realized I posted Bauer's. Oakley's is definitely harder to find. I know a few of my friends who went to their local hardware stores and bought metal spacers and screws. All you really need. In my personal opinion, I like the way the metal spacers look over the clear plastic spacers.

Can't find them in Canada either...i did find them on amazon though.

Last edited by SkateThroughIt: 09-15-2013 at 08:54 PM.
SkateThroughIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 09:51 PM
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateThroughIt View Post
Realized I posted Bauer's. Oakley's is definitely harder to find. I know a few of my friends who went to their local hardware stores and bought metal spacers and screws. All you really need. In my personal opinion, I like the way the metal spacers look over the clear plastic spacers.

Can't find them in Canada either...i did find them on amazon though.
Yeah I was able to find Oakley's parts kit on Amazon, but it doesn't ship to Canada. I won't get the visor for a week or so, so I'm not in a rush. I'll probably head to my LHS and ask if they have anything lying around. Worst comes to worst, I'll go to Home Depot and try and find some hardware.

WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote