HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Im starting to hate Kovalev

Old
11-17-2006, 10:55 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
This guy hurt the team at the moment, is it possible to look more lazzy on the ice???

How can you ask the kids to play with intensity inside the system when one of the most respected vet in the team, your 2nd highest paid player, do exactly the opposite tell me?? Kovy actually does everything at slow speed, his legs arent moving, he keeps the puck too long, trying to deke everyone until he loses it, does risky moves, risky passes in the defensive and neutral zone.. ********...

I understand the guy isnt healthy but at some point you have to understand you hurt the team more than you help... His linemates just cant do anything with this guy, when they are giving Kovy an option to pass them the puck, they never get it, they are at the point where they are watching him doing his circus show..

I strongly suggest Kovy to rest his knee until its 100% healthy cause at the moment Carbo just cant make his team playing the way he wants on a regular basis... I hope Carbo will have the bullets to sit Kovy for a couple of games, you just cant be bigger than the team ..

Am I the only one who think Kovy is a cancer at the moment??
So finally it was not because of Ribeiro ???

...And we traded him for Minimal

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
This guy hurt the team at the moment, is it possible to look more lazzy on the ice???

How can you ask the kids to play with intensity inside the system when one of the most respected vet in the team, your 2nd highest paid player, do exactly the opposite tell me?? Kovy actually does everything at slow speed, his legs arent moving, he keeps the puck too long, trying to deke everyone until he loses it, does risky moves, risky passes in the defensive and neutral zone.. ********...

I understand the guy isnt healthy but at some point you have to understand you hurt the team more than you help... His linemates just cant do anything with this guy, when they are giving Kovy an option to pass them the puck, they never get it, they are at the point where they are watching him doing his circus show..

I strongly suggest Kovy to rest his knee until its 100% healthy cause at the moment Carbo just cant make his team playing the way he wants on a regular basis... I hope Carbo will have the bullets to sit Kovy for a couple of games, you just cant be bigger than the team ..

Am I the only one who think Kovy is a cancer at the moment??
He's got no jump in his step. he seems to have the attitude that his knee is not going to get better by taking time off so you might as well keep playing.

He plays that old school soviet style. Not may of the young russians play that way. Datsyuk is one of the youngsters that does remind me of the soviet style though. Thats just the way he is and thats just the way he will always be.

Kovalev is one of those guys that I will judge in the post season.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 03:12 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
ok and when did he get hurt and if he did get hurt and cant turn on a dime and put the puck in the net why is he still playing.........my god i a so sick of these Kovalev excuses.........
I heard it was against NJ

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
He plays that old school soviet style. Not may of the young russians play that way. Datsyuk is one of the youngsters that does remind me of the soviet style though. Thats just the way he is and thats just the way he will always be.

Kovalev is one of those guys that I will judge in the post season.
think you're right. For me, Kovalev doesn’t hold the puck for too long, he just don’t pass when his teammates are not well positioned. Latendresse and Perezhogin didn’t work out. Last because he’s NA and he’s a rookie… Perez ‘cause he lacks the finishing skills, i.e. a good shoot… IMO Kostitsyn will be the perfect player for this line. (He got the shoot, the speed, the vision, the skills, etc...) But, right now we can clearly see that his 5 games in 7 days were holding him back. Give their time to assimilate each others style and I think we can expect them to become a dominating line and get the first wave of PP.

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 04:08 AM
vcx*

I don't know about kovy playing the oldschool Soviet style. If he did he would be carrying the puck and rarely give up possession and just a guy looking to make plays rather than his floating style where if he doesn't have the puck, he's invisible.

A guy that plays the old school soviet style is Ovechkin, Kovalchuk (when he doesn't have his head up his ***) and Fedorov. Well mostly just Fedorov, strong on both sides of the puck.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 04:29 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I don't know about kovy playing the oldschool Soviet style. If he did he would be carrying the puck and rarely give up possession and just a guy looking to make plays rather than his floating style where if he doesn't have the puck, he's invisible.

A guy that plays the old school soviet style is Ovechkin, Kovalchuk (when he doesn't have his head up his ***) and Fedorov. Well mostly just Fedorov, strong on both sides of the puck.
Well, I disagree with most of what you just said

So I'll respectfully agree to disagree

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post

Fedorov and Kovalev are indeed "old school" soviets in the way they play, especially in the technical side of the game(skating, shooting, etc). I don't see how you can add Ovechkin and Kovalchuk...

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Fedorov and Kovalev are indeed "old school" soviets in the way they play, especially in the technical side of the game(skating, shooting, etc). I don't see how you can add Ovechkin and Kovalchuk...
That struck me as peculiar as well. Ovechkin's North American style was the big story when he was 17.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Irish Blues

Closed pending cleanup ... we'll reopen shortly.

11-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Irish Blues

And now back to the topic at hand, previously in progress before it was so ..... RUDELY .... interrupted ...

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:10 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I was expecting more goals but i'm pretty happy.
I'm a huge Kovalev fan and other players fear him alot and he
creates alot of space. It's just because he's pretty huge that you
don't see working like a madman. He'll be there when in counts.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 06:43 AM
habgab

Kovalev's play was desperate last night. Two big giveaways, very weak on faceoffs, defensively irresponsible. Last night he really seemed like he did not know where to be on the ice. We keep switching the people around Kovalev, but I don't think it has anything to do with Ribeiro, Samsonov or whoever else has been asked to give Kovalev the push he needs. Kovalev could, if he wanted, carry a line himself - he just does not seem interested. If he is hurt, put him on the DL - if he is not, I just don't know.

habgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
That struck me as peculiar as well. Ovechkin's North American style was the big story when he was 17.
North american style? He's "Ay pley fizikal" but other than that aspect, I see him as a speedy winger with great moves and a great range of shots; skills that are more often associated with russians.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
North american style? He's "Ay pley fizikal" but other than that aspect, I see him as a speedy winger with great moves and a great range of shots; skills that are more often associated with russians.
Well, he's very much a north-south player. He drives the net. His favourite player, supposedly, was Owen Nolan. I see him and Kovalchuk as having some real North American influences in their games. Malkin, Datsyuk, Zherdev being more Russian-styled.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote