HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose to the Sabres in Shootout - Tank Mode On.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:03 PM
jedimyrmidon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You have to dress at least eight vets, with first overall picks in 2013 counting towards that total. We had Prust, Eller, Diaz, Drewiske, St. Pierre, McCarron, Budaj and Lashoff.
Ooh right. I guess by vets I meant 'NHL regulars'.

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:03 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
Who were the Habs vets this game? Prust, Galchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher, Diaz and... I think that's it (well, there's Drewiske, but I don't think he plays consistently enough to be a vet).

Sabres dressing McCormick, Kaleta, Gillies and Ott: yeeah, probably trying to knock out some players before the season begins.
Habs had plenty of guys ready to take on them, they just played a target game where they would viciously attack our non-fighters.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Bacchus1

What was the final score, and who scored for the Habs. I don't see it up yet. Thanks.

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:05 PM
Asif16*

You guys got some highlights for this game yet? or highlights of the galchenyuk/kaleta incident? theres barely any highlights up on NHL.com

Asif16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:05 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Hope Diaz is better than tonight. Only good thing was his orange stick.
I'm not hopeful that Diaz will get much better.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:07 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
I'm not hopeful that Diaz will get much better.
Why? Over the past two seasons, Diaz has been better than tonight on many occasions. Why should tonight, the first pre-season game of the season playing with an unfamiliar partner, be his defining moment as a player?

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
What was the final score, and who scored for the Habs. I don't see it up yet. Thanks.
5-4 loss in shoot out grigorenko scored for buffalo in shoot out

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:10 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Great:

Gallagher
Eller
Galchenyuk
Bournival
St-Pierre
McCarron
Tinordi

Good:

Reway
Nystrom
Pateryn

Meh:

Collberg
Andrighetto
Holland

Bad:

Prust
Diaz
Lashoff
Nygren
Drewiske

Won't judge the goalies.
Galchenyuk was a major desapointment for me tonight, cant believe you listed him in the great category, I would give him a C- at the very best..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Et le But

I wouldn't write off Grigorenko yet..perimeter playmakers regularly struggle with consistency issues as they learn to take physical play (just look at the Sedins early in their career)...but it's a good thing we avoided that one.

He would have been eaten alive in Montreal.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:13 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Galchenyuk was a major desapointment for me tonight, cant believe you listed him in the great category, I would give him a C- at the very best..
You seem to be alone on this one...Galchenyuk was fine tonight. "Major disappointment", really? What were you expecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
Bournival scored twice, Nystrom got one and St. Pierre got one.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I wouldn't write off Grigorenko yet..perimeter playmakers regularly struggle with consistency issues as they learn to take physical play (just look at the Sedins early in their career)...but it's a good thing we avoided that one.

He would have been eaten alive in Montreal.
We would've won tonight though.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rick16

Quote:
You seem to be alone on this one...Galchenyuk was fine tonight. "Major disappointment", really? What were you expecting?
3 goals 4 assists and a fight

Rick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:15 PM
FazChenyuk

Nystrom...what a shot, he looked good tonight. Reway is small but its a good thing since he has some wheels. Bournival was always where he was supposed to be, 2 goals and a nice showing, he might play a few games this year. Nygren looked rusty. Diaz was ok. Mccaron is good along the boards and 2 assists I guess, will be good on the 3rd or fourth line in the future.

Its just one game but I think Nystrom is skilled as hell, can't wait to see what he does this year.

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:17 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
Why? Over the past two seasons, Diaz has been better than tonight on many occasions. Why should tonight, the first pre-season game of the season playing with an unfamiliar partner, be his defining moment as a player?
Diaz's stats benefited from Subban's early absence last season, the season before he had 16 points in 60 games and one of the lowest +/- on out D. I was a Diaz fan, I always thought he'd get better than he actually has. (Same with Weber...) That said if two of Tinordi / Pateryn / Murray start the season I would demote Bouillon before Diaz.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:18 PM
la25ecoupe

Did Kaleta hurt anyone?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:20 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Did Kaleta hurt anyone?
He was rude.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:24 PM
JonathanToews19clutc*

Sebastian Collberg and Sven Andrighetto, just wow, great game.

JonathanToews19clutc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:25 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Great: Bournival, St-Pierre, McCarron, Tinordi.
Good: Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller, Pateryn.
Average: Nystrom, Prust, Reway
Invisible to me: Collberg, Holland, Andrighetto.
Bad: Diaz, Drewiske, Nygren, Lashoff

Tinordi was great safe for a few positioning mishaps, which might be Pateryn's fumbles. The defense for this pair wasn't exactly full shinny. Tinordi is great just because his physicality was more noticeable and a great relief. Could have very well interchanged them. Tinordi (good), Pateryn (great) or made a middle category (not-so-great).

Eller didn't play that great of a game, He made too many fancy plays that aborted into give aways (that's most likely the best time of the year to try those yes), however he still had his game aside from these annoyances.

I just didn't notice Collbert or Andrighetto. They were either too small on the ice or they just weren't very motivated.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Saundies

I know it was only the first preseason game but Tinordi looks like he should be on the team this year for sure. He lead the charge tonight on D, even with Diaz in the lineup.

I like McCarron. The kid is so big it's actually funny watching him interact with all of his teammates and just tower over them. I think he has a great chance into developing into an NHLer. Being able to handle the size and speed of the game is most of the battle and he appears like he will be ready for that. I'm not saying he's going to be a star by any means but I don't think the Habs will regret that pick.

B's tomorrow night! Subban vs. Younger Subban, should be fun.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:27 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
What were you expecting?
Everything better, his game with and without the puck.. Played with no poise at all tonight..

Old
09-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Casper the Ghostorenko..invisible all game only to pop up in the shootout.
I honestly didn't even know he was dressed until the shootout. He may somebay become an NHL player but he'll need to bring more than just shootouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
After watching the rest of the game my opinion remains:

Tinordi / Pateryn > Bouillon

>> Drewiske

Need to see Murray

Unless Diaz absolutely shines, hope Emelin bumps him when he returns
Ideally Emelin plays with Markov and Diaz with Murray once AE returns.

I think people are putting a bit too much importance on ONE exhibition game. The veterans are just trying to find their legs and not get hurt. The rookies/bubble guys are going full throttle to make an impression.

Plus If it's a battle for the #7 spot, Drewiske wins by 50 miles over Pateryn and Tinordi. For those guys they either need to play top 6 or play top 4 AHL, I'd keep them together as PK/shutdown pair.

Impressive progress from both guys.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:31 PM
NewHabsEra*

LOL Gaston Therrien is so dumb Cant believe this guy found a job on the air..

When asked if Price could be a top 3 goaltender this year: "No question, no way he can be a top 3... He will be a top 5 no doubt, but a top 3, never.."

Old
09-15-2013, 11:32 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
My 3 stars for the rookies:

1 - Michael Bournival: He had two goals, made smart plays in his own end and was relentless on the forecheck. Along with his two goals, his hits created one goal and created a solid chance in the third period. I can see him getting 25G-30A this year with the Bulldogs. Just a smart player.

2 - Michael McCarron - It might have been because he could go all out but he was a lot more involved tonight than yesterday. He laid the body, showed good defensive awareness and had two primary assists thanks to his forecheck.

3 - Jarred Tinordi - Was solid defensively, had a nice hit in the 1st period. Even showed some offense when being used on the PP.

Random notes:
- I wish Therrien would have used Andrighetto and Nystrom more. They're feisty and the latter one showed great hockey sense.
- Nygren had a rough first half but he picked up his game (at least offensively) in the 2nd half.
- Drewiske will have to play a lot better because right now he's probably 9th in the depth chart, behind Bouillon, Murray, Pateryn and Tinordi.
- St-Pierre will help Hamilton a lot, they didn't have anybody with his offensive skills last year. Better than Tenute.
- Gotta love how Gallagher plays the same even if its just a pre-season game.
- Drewiske will have to play a lot better because right now he's probably 9th in the depth chart, behind Tinordi, Murray, Bouillon, and Pateryn.

Anyone expecting Drewiske to be a top-6 this season?

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Grant McCagg

The very good - McCarron, Tinordi, Bournival
The Good - Pateryn, Fucale, St. Pierre
Okay - EGG line, Ghetto, Nystrom, Nygren, Holland
Not so Good - Drewiskie, Diaz, Lashoff, Prust, Reway, Collberg, Budaj

Gaston doesn't know what he's talking about - McCarron will dominate at the OHL level...period. Glad he didn't go looking for it tonight, or that the Sabres went after him. McCarron was credited with five hits but he threw at least a dozen. Tallinder is probably thinking..."Glad I won't have to face him when he's 22."

Reway up to his old tricks tonight - he turned over the puck too often trying to do it all himself - he has some Archambault in him. Almost got decapitated with that one dangle..saw that far too often last season in Hull. The kid is uber skilled..but at his size he needs to play smarter, and more team oriented.

I liked Andrighetto's game in the first half of the match. He looked very good when he got some time with Chucky and Eller....I'd like to see him get another exhibition game or two with better linemates...smart, quick and feisty.

Great job by Bournival - looked a lot more comfortable on the wing tonight. He and Mac are already developing some chemistry. He'll be battling Thomas/Leblanc for a spot or two out of training camp if Gionta isn't ready.

Last edited by Grant McCagg: 09-15-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:34 PM
danyhabsfan

Reway reminds me of Patrick Kane.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote