HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose to the Sabres in Shootout - Tank Mode On.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Nedved

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not going with how he looks but how he thinks the game. And how he indeed look hesitant to battle along the boards. And so on. Game is much quicker here with the smaller rinks. There will be some adjustments.
he was disappointing. I hope he stays with the dogs...if he's serious about playing in the nhl

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
To his defense, Collberg was invisible and Prust didnt look like he wanted to be there tonight..
When your center hogs the puck..that's what happens. If he already thinks he's too good to pass the puck to an NHLer like Prust..no wonder Prust lost interest. I know he wants to impress..but I think he went about it the wrong way tonight.

Grigorenko's stat line is hilarious - 0's across the board and 14 per cent in the faceoff circle. Yes when you read a recap of the game he's in the lead paragraph.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Fire Carey Price.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:04 PM
zzoo

I was at Centre Bell and tried to concentrate as much as possible on the plays. Here's my remarks:

Great
Bournival: he skates very fast and very involved.

Good: St-Pierre, McCarron (he fell quite often though), Reway, Tinordi (the only decent D)

Average: most of the rest

Bad (invisible): Holland, Collberg, Nystrom, Drewiske

Terrible: Lashoff, Nygren (how can he be the best defenceman in Sweden ???)

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:07 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
When your center hogs the puck..that's what happens. If he already thinks he's too good to pass the puck to an NHLer like Prus..no wonder Prust lost interest. I know he wants to impress..but I think he went about it the wrong way tonight.
Geez.. calm down, it was his first ever NHL game. And he was nowhere near as bad as you say he was. You seem to be very anti-Reway for some reason.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Reway reminds me of Patrick Kane.
I haven't seen enough of Kane play to make a comparison but I saw a lot of Oleg Petrov play and that's who I see when Reway has the puck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuQGiwdAprA

Too bad I can't find any old footage of Petrov playing for the Habs...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Geez.. calm down, it was his first ever NHL game. And he was nowhere near as bad as you say he was. You seem to be very anti-Reway for some reason.
I'm quite calm thanks. I rated his game as okay BTW..where exactly did I say he was horrible? I've seen him live many times....and old habits were exposed tonight. If that opinion bothers you, so be it.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:20 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I was at Centre Bell and tried to concentrate as much as possible on the plays. Here's my remarks:

Great
Bournival: he skates very fast and very involved.

Good: St-Pierre, McCarron (he fell quite often though), Reway, Tinordi (the only decent D)

Average: most of the rest

Bad (invisible): Holland, Collberg, Nystrom, Drewiske

Terrible: Lashoff, Nygren (how can he be the best defenceman in Sweden ???)
Nystrom was very good I don't know how you can say he was invisible.

Also, people saying Eller was great...I didn't see that either.

I was very disappointed with Nygren, Collberg and Holland. Liked McCarron a LOT.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:24 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
I'm quite calm thanks. I rated his game as okay BTW..where exactly did I say he was horrible? I've seen him live many times....and old habits were exposed tonight. If that opinion bothers you, so be it.
You basically said that he brought down his entire line. To me, that's saying he had a pretty bad performance.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Belso

Man, I'm reading all these opinions on player performance tonight and it's funny to read so many completely opposing opinions. Half of the people say one player was great and the other half bad. Did we all watch the same game? HAHA!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:32 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Man, I'm reading all these opinions on player performance tonight and it's funny to read so many completely opposing opinions. Half of the people say one player was great and the other half bad. Did we all watch the same game? HAHA!
cognitive biases

in other news: WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WTF HAPPENED WITH KALETA?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:35 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
cognitive biases

Galchenyuk layed a huge clean hit on a Sabre player and Kaleta jumped him and threw a punch that ended on Alex's helmet, ALex did nothing and Kaleta stoped.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
You basically said that he brought down his entire line. To me, that's saying he had a pretty bad performance.
I "basically" said? More like..you "basically" comprehend? Don't put words in my mouth. I rated all three the same...none of them were good, and in my opinion a large part of that was Reway's failure to pass the puck. I've seen it before...many times. Saw him live about 30 times last season, and I have a pretty good idea on what he needs to work on.

The first poster suggested that the reason Reway was trying to do it all himself was because his linemates were invisible..well..when the center doesn't distribute the puck....your linemates are going to be invisible. Pretty simple logic really.

Reway scores one pretty scrimmage goal and he already has a legion of overhypers/defenders on here. Brings back memories of the Latendresse rookie years.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:37 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Galchenyuk layed a huge clean hit on a Sabre player and Kaleta jumped him and threw a punch that ended on Alex's helmet, ALex did nothing and Kaleta stoped.
that's not all so bad then

Old
09-15-2013, 11:39 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
cognitive biases

He was being his usual dickheaded self all night. Galchenyuk threw a clean hit and Kaleta jumped him and tried to fight him. Threw a punch at Chuckie even though he (Galchenyuk) never dropped his gloves. Habs scored on the ensuing PP. Later Therrien put out Prust to line up against him. Kaleta chirped him, Prust cross-checked him to the ice and Kaleta skated as fast as he could back to the bench. Ref called them both anyway.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:39 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Plekanec and Bourque aren't playing. Moen and Dumont are.

31- Carey Price
65- Robert Mayer

6- Douglas Murray
24- Jarred Tinordi
26- Josh Gorges
55- Francis Bouillon
76- P.K. Subban
84- Darren Dietz

32- Travis Moen
37- Gabriel Dumont
45- Michael Blunden
48- Daniel Brière
51- David Desharnais
53- Ryan White
60- Christian Thomas
67- Max Pacioretty
71- Louis Leblanc
72- Nick Tarnasky
75- Charles Hudon
86- Stefan Fournier
It will be good to see what Fournier does against the Bruins.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:40 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He was being his usual dickheaded self all night. Galchenyuk threw a clean hit and Kaleta jumped him and tried to fight him. Threw a punch at Chuckie even though he never dropped his gloves. Habs scored on the ensuing PP. Later Therrien put out Prust to line up against him. Kaleta chirped him, Prust cross-checked him to the ice and Kaleta skated as fast as he could back to the bench. Ref called them both anyway.
kaleta will be kaleta

Old
09-15-2013, 11:42 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Fire Carey Price.
Well that's certainly random as hell.

This Kaleta incident has to draw some red flags though somewhere.

a) don't lineup Chucky against third liners (I know, hard since he's on the third line)

b) if fail to do a) PROTECT HIM!!!

poetryinmotion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 11:44 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
To his defense, Collberg was invisible and Prust didnt look like he wanted to be there tonight..
Prust is coming back from a pretty serious injury. I am sure that he wasnt going to go all out in a meaningless preseason game.

Despite most everyone saying that he had a not-so-good game, he was the one who stood up to Kaleta.

Drewiske needs to go to Hamilton and Tinordi in Montreal. Tinordi looks like he has been working on his puck carrying skills. It would be a shame to not see him on the opening day roster on the ice.

Good for Bournival and damned good for McCarron. Other than the goal, Nystrom does not impress me much. He seems to avoid all contact. Not what we need right now.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:51 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
I "basically" said? More like..you "basically" comprehend? Don't put words in my mouth. I rated all three the same...none of them were good, and in my opinion a large part of that was Reway's failure to pass the puck. I've seen it before...many times. Saw him live about 30 times last season, and I have a pretty good idea on what he needs to work on.

The first poster suggested that the reason Reway was trying to do it all himself was because his linemates were invisible..well..when the center doesn't distribute the puck....your linemates are going to be invisible. Pretty simple logic really.

Reway scores one pretty scrimmage goal and he already has a legion of overhypers/defenders on here. Brings back memories of the Latendresse rookie years.
I agree with this post.

Reway has skills and is completely over-hyped here. I saw on many occasions that he was easily knocked off of the puck. Very Desharnais like.

I prefer the more physical type of play that Bournival and McCarron provided while being successful.

Old
09-15-2013, 11:55 PM
Bleu Blanc Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Prust is coming back from a pretty serious injury. I am sure that he wasnt going to go all out in a meaningless preseason game.

Despite most everyone saying that he had a not-so-good game, he was the one who stood up to Kaleta.

Drewiske needs to go to Hamilton and Tinordi in Montreal. Tinordi looks like he has been working on his puck carrying skills. It would be a shame to not see him on the opening day roster on the ice.

Good for Bournival and damned good for McCarron. Other than the goal, Nystrom does not impress me much. He seems to avoid all contact. Not what we need right now.
Did we not signed him to a one way, 2 year deal ?

Bleu Blanc Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 12:02 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Blanc Rouge View Post
OK. Pressbox is closer than Hamilton.

Old
09-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Finally, so happy to see my boy from Shawi getting recognized. This kid is a incredible working machine. At a young age with the Cats, I remember him training already with College players from Université of Québec in Trois-Rivières. Bigger, stronger players than he was back then. Physically, Bournival is probably the most in shape in the whole Montreal Organization. This kid is gonna be better than Pascal Danault and Louis Leblanc. 1st rounders that plays 2-way game.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 12:04 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Blanc Rouge View Post
$637,000 per

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 12:18 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Finally, so happy to see my boy from Shawi getting recognized. This kid is a incredible working machine. At a young age with the Cats, I remember him training already with College players from Université of Québec in Trois-Rivières. Bigger, stronger players than he was back then. Physically, Bournival is probably the most in shape in the whole Montreal Organization. This kid is gonna be better than Pascal Danault and Louis Leblanc. 1st rounders that plays 2-way game.
Do you mean Philippe Danault? If yes, HOLY CRAP!!!

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote