HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2014 Draft Picks, Preseason Schedule (finalized), Media Links, Salary Cap, (post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2013, 02:23 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
He has the ideal situation in London. guaranteed Mem cup, good team and another decent guy to tandem with so the pressure is less.

On another note, a question for those of you who have been at camp: has anyone outside of the three most mentioned guys vying for the roster spot(s) look good? I'm thinking of say Alderson (who looked good in the rookie game) or maybe Newbury (who claimed he wasn't just going to give up and assume he would be in the AHL), or Holmstrom (maybe take Halls spot away?), Straka (who in the offseason some people seemed to think could push for a spot) or maybe even Akeson (who had a summer of training with his buddy Giroux.)

I guess that is question that should be saved unit after some preseason games, but I think after 3 days maybe some patterns are emerging.
I haven't been there so I can't say for sure but I would imagine it's too soon to tell. There are like 60 some guys in camp right now. I think we'll have a better idea after these first 4 games and couple more practices. But I'm also eager to get some more info. Flanagan is another guy with an outside shot at a roster spot. When he was first signed lots were hoping he was the new Read which is highly unlikely but it's not like he didn't show any promise in his limited AHL stint.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
Stolarz already on his way back to London team.

Andrew Ryan and Colin MacDonald and Stephan Harper have been released.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:44 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Stolarz already on his way back to London team.

Andrew Ryan and Colin MacDonald and Stephan Harper have been released.
Really liked the little taste we saw of Stolarz. I think if he continues on this uptrend, he's going to be something special. I can feel it .

Old
09-16-2013, 01:51 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Really liked the little taste we saw of Stolarz. I think if he continues on this uptrend, he's going to be something special. I can feel it .
Looks pretty good so far. We need him to make Bob an afterthought if Bob refuses to come back down to earth..

BTW..my friend works for the staff at the WFC and he told me some funny tidbits about the training camp sessions since he worked the locker room. Nothing salacious of course and probably better to see in person..

1) In between practice sessions a rookie who remained on the ice to practice shooting was yelled at by Lavi to come off the ice so that the Zamboni could do its thing and they could get on with the next session but the rookie just continued shooting for a good while after..

2) Hartnell was being razzed by the other players when people were waiting for him to come out to practice. Saying stuff like "Scotty, Scotty..will you give me your autograph" in a kiddie or girly voice.

3) Players were charged 15 whole bucks for missing mandatory weight check

4) Flyers have a recovery room where they put on these high tech boots to draw lactic acid accumulation apparently. Before they used to use the stationary bikes or something along those lines. Found it to be an interesting tidbit...

Fiinally, no sighting of Boosh's slurpee machine or any damaged coke machines...

Old
09-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Hiesenberg

Morin/Goulbourne/Brown sent back to juniors this morning.

Russ Cohen (sportsology) said that Morin is 2-3 years away. Kind of upsetting. Was hoping what we saw last night was bump in his development. But I think my hope was 2 years, so I guess I'm not that far off. Next year would still be too early.

Old
09-17-2013, 08:56 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Morin/Goulbourne/Brown sent back to juniors this morning.

Russ Cohen (sportsology) said that Morin is 2-3 years away. Kind of upsetting. Was hoping what we saw last night was bump in his development. But I think my hope was 2 years, so I guess I'm not that far off. Next year would still be too early.
2 years would be just fine...let him develop properly. No need to rush the dude considering our track record

Old
09-17-2013, 10:57 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
no big deal with sending Morin and Stolarz back down. they gave em a little taste in the preseason. send them back and let them get prepared for the season with their junior clubs.

Old
09-17-2013, 04:53 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Am I the only one who has looked at the success that guys like Cousins, Hagg, Laughton, Morin, Stolarz, etc through the summer and believes our prospect pool is quietly becoming one of the better ones in hockey?

It's premature as ****, but both Morin and Hagg have been awesome. Cousins and Laughton have been great. Stolarz was excellent in our viewing. Even Raffl seems better than advertised (note: Pyorala looked awesome in preseason too.)

The only hype to quiet down has been Straka's.

Guys like McGinn, Akeson, Manning, Alderson and Lauridsen have stagnated without taking major hits, but a lack of regression is good news.

Old
09-17-2013, 05:54 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Am I the only one who has looked at the success that guys like Cousins, Hagg, Laughton, Morin, Stolarz, etc through the summer and believes our prospect pool is quietly becoming one of the better ones in hockey?

It's premature as ****, but both Morin and Hagg have been awesome. Cousins and Laughton have been great. Stolarz was excellent in our viewing. Even Raffl seems better than advertised (note: Pyorala looked awesome in preseason too.)

The only hype to quiet down has been Straka's.

Guys like McGinn, Akeson, Manning, Alderson and Lauridsen have stagnated without taking major hits, but a lack of regression is good news.
I think it's better than what most "experts" say it is but I still would have it ranked somewhere in the bottom half of the league.

Old
09-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Hiesenberg

I think Boruk said this morning that the team doesn't plan on taking more than 27-28 guys to Lake Placid, I believe there are still around 53 in camp, seems like a mass exodus will be starting today.

Old
09-18-2013, 07:42 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I just went to buy some tickets to a couple games. Am I reading these prices correctly...the cheapest tickets are now $80+ or are these the only ones available? Maybe I did it wrong but it looked like Row 15 in the Mezzanine was like $83. I knew they were raising ticket prices but that is like double isn't???

Old
09-18-2013, 09:13 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I just went to buy some tickets to a couple games. Am I reading these prices correctly...the cheapest tickets are now $80+ or are these the only ones available? Maybe I did it wrong but it looked like Row 15 in the Mezzanine was like $83. I knew they were raising ticket prices but that is like double isn't???
Hit up stubhub, there are cheaper tickets there, though it depends on the game. The cheapest at the moment seems to be the Canucks game starting at about $20 and the most expensive seems to be the game 3/15 Penguins game starting at $90.

Old
09-18-2013, 01:01 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1481
Cuts may be announced late afternoon, early evening per Tim P.

Old
09-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Cuts may be announced late afternoon, early evening per Tim P.
Timmy covering all his bases here. Sometime between 2 this afternoon and 12 midnight, cuts will be announced. Considering they leave tomorrow morning for Lake Placid, what other time did he expect these announcements?

Old
09-18-2013, 01:39 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1481
Quote:
Timmy covering all his bases here. Sometime between 2 this afternoon and 12 midnight, cuts will be announced. Considering they leave tomorrow morning for Lake Placid, what other time did he expect these announcements?
There is a charity golf tournament today, something in which Scott Hartnell is involved. The cuts will be possibly be made when that concludes.

Old
09-18-2013, 02:01 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Hit up stubhub, there are cheaper tickets there, though it depends on the game. The cheapest at the moment seems to be the Canucks game starting at about $20 and the most expensive seems to be the game 3/15 Penguins game starting at $90.
But is the cheapest face value ticket really over $80? That seems insane.

Old
09-18-2013, 02:25 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yep. Supply and demand though. I haven't bought face value tickets in a long time. Just hot tickets to the Panthers game for $18.50 a seat.

Old
09-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Yea, it was crazy. I paid 100/ticket for my partial LL, but when I received them, face was $159.

Old
09-18-2013, 02:43 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Yep. Supply and demand though. I haven't bought face value tickets in a long time. Just hot tickets to the Panthers game for $18.50 a seat.
Quote:
Yea, it was crazy. I paid 100/ticket for my partial LL, but when I received them, face was $159.
Wow, that is insane. I mean they can charge whatever they want, I get that, I am just shocked to see it go so high. That is like double what it was a couple years ago IIRC. I used to go to games in college whenever I had the chance and didn't think twice. Now if I want to go with my wife or something it is a pretty damned expensive night on the town.

Old
09-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Wow, that is insane. I mean they can charge whatever they want, I get that, I am just shocked to see it go so high. That is like double what it was a couple years ago IIRC. I used to go to games in college whenever I had the chance and didn't think twice. Now if I want to go with my wife or something it is a pretty damned expensive night on the town.
That's why I opted for the partial ST. Its a lot cheaper, I mean more up front, but now I have 5 games that I can choose to go to or sell.

Old
09-18-2013, 02:56 PM
FlyersFan61290

I haven't bought a regularly priced ticket in forever. My brother just got an department very close to the sports complex, like 15 minutes with the subway so we're just gonna wait until like an hour before game time and get super cheap tickets via stub hub. Last year there were constantly tickets in the 50-60 dollar range for the first 20 rows an hour before game time.

Old
09-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Hiesenberg

Yea, well they kind sucked last year and people hated Bryz, if they gain popularity back, its possible those tix may not be there anymore.

Old
09-18-2013, 03:11 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I haven't bought a regularly priced ticket in forever. My brother just got an department very close to the sports complex, like 15 minutes with the subway so we're just gonna wait until like an hour before game time and get super cheap tickets via stub hub. Last year there were constantly tickets in the 50-60 dollar range for the first 20 rows an hour before game time.
Where I work they were offering Flyers tickets in Section 219A Row 6 for $62.25 per ticket (original price $124.50 per). I was considering nabbing a couple of games like I did last year but I'm going the stub hub route. I've gone to a game once on my own and just met up with people in the concourse. You get some decent single ticket finds on there. I haven't really done the 1hr before game time deal...I live not too far from the stadium (NW of the city) but how often are there good deals posted and against good teams?

Old
09-18-2013, 03:33 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Raffl won the last spot:

Quote:
Akeson and McGinn sent to the Phantoms. Looks like Raffl has locked down 3LW spot.
JakePavorsky

Old
09-18-2013, 03:34 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Raffl won the last spot:

JakePavorsky
Cool. Can't wait to see more of him. But what does this say for Laughton?

Closed Thread