HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs vs Bruins - Subban vs Subban (7:00pm on RDS & TSN2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-16-2013, 10:41 AM
  #101
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
If there's no Diaz, who are your 4 d-men on the powerplay? Subban, Markov, Gorges and Tinordi? Ridiculous.

Killerguitar101* is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:43 AM
  #102
SmurfsFTW
Wait.. WUT ?!
 
SmurfsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Poutine island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Uhh okay? Yes I would actually. They've both proven they can be good NHL players, so I would definitely give them a decent amount of games to get their **** together before looking at moving them just because they had a few bad games.
Diaz isn't a proven NHLer...

Yes he can skate with NHLers, but what did he do in the NHL yet ? Got concussed, made a suicide pass that almost ended Eller's career, got a few PP points.

Leblanc is as proven a NHLer as Diaz is.

SmurfsFTW is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:43 AM
  #103
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusty8 View Post
If there's no Diaz, who are your 4 d-men on the powerplay? Subban, Markov, Gorges and Tinordi? Ridiculous.
Subban, Markov, Gorges and Plekanec (semi-srs)

Madevilz is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:44 AM
  #104
SmurfsFTW
Wait.. WUT ?!
 
SmurfsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Poutine island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusty8 View Post
If there's no Diaz, who are your 4 d-men on the powerplay? Subban, Markov, Gorges and Tinordi? Ridiculous.

Double shift Subban? Karlsson does, Letang does, Doughty does, etc etc.

SmurfsFTW is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:44 AM
  #105
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusty8 View Post
If there's no Diaz, who are your 4 d-men on the powerplay? Subban, Markov, Gorges and Tinordi? Ridiculous.
It's not as if every team in the league had 4 offensive d-men to play on the PP.

Subban certainly could take 3 more minutes per game on the PP. These are minutes where a d-man can be double-shifted. Not exhausting in any way.

And if a team can put a forward on the point on the PP, it's Montreal.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:45 AM
  #106
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfsFTW View Post

Leblanc is as proven a NHLer as Diaz is.
This is the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time on these boards. Congratulations.

Andy is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:45 AM
  #107
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusty8 View Post
If there's no Diaz, who are your 4 d-men on the powerplay? Subban, Markov, Gorges and Tinordi? Ridiculous.
Like someone said you can try Plek, that way maybe you can put the Gally's and Eller on the 2nd pp unit upfront.

But there is always Bouillon lol

Good thing is Markov and specially Subban stays on for 1.30 sometimes on the pp

habs03 is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:46 AM
  #108
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfsFTW View Post
Diaz isn't a proven NHLer...

Yes he can skate with NHLers, but what did he do in the NHL yet ? Got concussed, made a suicide pass that almost ended Eller's career, got a few PP points.

Leblanc is as proven a NHLer as Diaz is.
I didn't say he was. I said he's proven he can be. I see this is a pointless conversation though because everyone's already decided it's time to move Diaz outta town

Whatever, he was playing good for awhile and a lot of people either didn't watch the games / forget/ or just need him to hit everything or fly the **** outta town.

Suicide passes happen, it was ONE pass, ONE costly mistake. If Gryba was 2 feet to the side everyone would be saying how nice of a pass it was. Yeah he got concussed, how is that his fault? He got kneed in the head.

Dagistitsyn is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:47 AM
  #109
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Like someone said you can try Plek, that way maybe you can put the Gally's and Eller on the 2nd pp unit upfront.

But there is always Bouillon lol

Good thing is Markov and specially Subban stays on for 1.30 sometimes on the pp
Markov ad Subban are probably two of the best 5 d-men on the PP in the whole game. That alone more than makes up for the rest. Worst comes to worst, you double-shift Subban and to the umbrella.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:48 AM
  #110
Killerguitar101*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
And if a team can put a forward on the point on the PP, it's Montreal.
lulwat?

Plekanec? I still have nightmares about that.

I have nothing against double-shifting Subban on the PP, but with only 2 offensive d-men in the line-up, we'll have to double-shift Markov also.

Killerguitar101* is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
  #111
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
I didn't say he was. I said he's proven he can be. I see this is a pointless conversation though because everyone's already decided it's time to move Diaz outta town

Whatever, he was playing good for awhile and a lot of people either didn't watch the games / forget/ or just need him to hit everything or fly the **** outta town.

Suicide passes happen, it was ONE pass, ONE costly mistake. If Gryba was 2 feet to the side everyone would be saying how nice of a pass it was. Yeah he got concussed, how is that his fault? He got kneed in the head.
I don't give two shift and a half about the number of hits he makes. I don't expect him to have any to be honest.

But I have big problems with a player who gets rid of the puck everytime he hears footsteps coming, and who is soft with his stick on the puck.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
  #112
HTTP 400 Bad Request
Registered User
 
HTTP 400 Bad Request's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 843
vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
MT had no issue playing Tinordi on RD last year, when he was up here, MT moved Bouillon to LD and played Tinordi on RD.

Best solution to to get rid of Daiz, he is a pending UFA, he is soooooft, weak, brings nothing that we don't have, he should return us a nice draft pick or prospect because if his low cap hit, teams won't have an issue bring him in.

Go with

Gorges Subban
Markov Tinordi
Murray Bouillon
My bad, you're right. I completely forgot he played RD last year.

Oh well, 6 preseason games to go, lots of things can happen till then. For now, I'm open to all scenarios.

HTTP 400 Bad Request is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:50 AM
  #113
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
I didn't say he was. I said he's proven he can be. I see this is a pointless conversation though because everyone's already decided it's time to move Diaz outta town

Whatever, he was playing good for awhile and a lot of people either didn't watch the games / forget/ or just need him to hit everything or fly the **** outta town.

Suicide passes happen, it was ONE pass, ONE costly mistake. If Gryba was 2 feet to the side everyone would be saying how nice of a pass it was. Yeah he got concussed, how is that his fault? He got kneed in the head.
I really don't mind him, but he can't move anything infront if the net, in the playoffs he was exposed.

I also don't like how he'll be used, it seems like with Markov, Markov needs a physical stay at home dmen with him, not Daiz.

I wouldn't have minded if Daiz was paired with Murray, think that would be a decent pair, one does what the other isn't good at, but MT wants a Murray Bouillon pairing..

habs03 is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:50 AM
  #114
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,959
vCash: 500
So if Markov or Subban gets hurt we essentially have a PP duo of Bouillion-Subban or Markov-Subban. Outstanding.

Also, to reduce all of Diaz's capabilities to powerplay ability is really disingenuous. Actually the whole assessment of Diaz's capabilities in the last 2 pages are completely disingenuous. The obsession over size and toughness has reached unprecedented proportions on this board. Boullion is not better than Diaz. I don't even need to look at stats or even make an argument to explain why. Everyone suggested otherwise is sitting there with a blind fold over their eyes and a thumb in their ass.

I'll just carry on, I disagree entirely with what is being said.

Andy is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
  #115
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusty8 View Post
lulwat?

Plekanec? I still have nightmares about that.

I have nothing against double-shifting Subban on the PP, but with only 2 offensive d-men in the line-up, we'll have to double-shift Markov also.
Then you do an umbrella

Bourque Gallagher
Eller Galchenyuk
Subban

Pacioretty Briere
Desharnais Plekanec
Markov

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
  #116
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So if Markov or Subban gets hurt we essentially have a PP duo of Bouillion-Subban or Markov-Subban. Outstanding.

Also, to reduce all of Diaz's capabilities to powerplay ability is really disingenuous. Actually the whole assessment of Diaz's capabilities in the last 2 pages are completely disingenuous. The obsession over size and height has reached unprecedented proportions on this board.

I'll just carry on, I disagree entirely with what is being said.
You call up Beaulieu then...

habs03 is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:53 AM
  #117
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So if Markov or Subban gets hurt we essentially have a PP duo of Bouillion-Subban or Markov-Subban. Outstanding.

Also, to reduce all of Diaz's capabilities to powerplay ability is really disingenuous. Actually the whole assessment of Diaz's capabilities in the last 2 pages are completely disingenuous. The obsession over size and height has reached unprecedented proportions on this board.

I'll just carry on, I disagree entirely with what is being said.
He had a pretty bad game last night but, I totally agree with you regarding his overall abilities as a defenceman. People act like he's a worse version of MA Bergeron.

Draft is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:54 AM
  #118
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So if Markov or Subban gets hurt we essentially have a PP duo of Bouillion-Subban or Markov-Subban. Outstanding.

Also, to reduce all of Diaz's capabilities to powerplay ability is really disingenuous. Actually the whole assessment of Diaz's capabilities in the last 2 pages are completely disingenuous. The obsession over size and height has reached unprecedented proportions on this board.

I'll just carry on, I disagree entirely with what is being said.

There is a guy named Beaulieu in the minors, and another one named Nygren who could be damn close to being ready to see some NHL action after X-mas.

YOU find the last two pages disingenious and you think it has something to do with size and height, when in fact, it has absolutely nothing to do with it. More like all of those things I listed that stats just don't bring up.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:54 AM
  #119
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
You call up Beaulieu then...
And if he isn't ready?.

Andy is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:56 AM
  #120
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
And if he isn't ready?.
What happens in Boston if Chara gets hurt? (Krug, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Boychuk?)
What happens in Detroit if Kronwall gets hurt? (Kindl, Ericsson, ...?)
What happens in Pittsburgh if Letang gets hurt? (Després, Martin, ...?)

This argument is good for about any team in the league.

As for Beaulieu, he proved last season that while not being ready for the NHL full-time, he's more than capable of doing clever plays on the PP.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:56 AM
  #121
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
There is a guy named Beaulieu in the minors, and another one named Nygren who could be damn close to being ready to see some NHL action after X-mas.

YOU find the last two pages disingenious and you think it has something to do with size and height, when in fact, it has absolutely nothing to do with it. More like all of those things I listed that stats just don't bring up.
So saying Diaz is soft and can't clear the crease has nothing to do with size and toughness. GTFOH. If Diaz was 6'2 and threw the occasional hit, you out of all posters would cling to Diaz jewels more than anyone on this board.

I've explained many times why I don't need stats to see Diaz's qualities as a defender.

-he has good gap control
-good anticipation
-a strong active stick
-a good first pass
-an above average offensive awareness.

To overlook all those contributions because he's "soft", or to overlook all those and say all he is is PP d-men is completely disingenuous.

Andy is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:56 AM
  #122
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
And if he isn't ready?.
He maybe not be ready for full time, but he can sure handle a good 5-10 games.

But if you mean Subban or Markov are out long term, we would be so ****ed, the pp would be last of our worries.

habs03 is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:59 AM
  #123
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
What happens in Boston if Chara gets hurt? (Krug, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Boychuk?)
What happens in Detroit if Kronwall gets hurt? (Kindl, Ericsson, ...?)
What happens in Pittsburgh if Letang gets hurt? (Després, Martin, ...?)

This argument is good for about any team in the league.

As for Beaulieu, he proved last season that while not being ready for the NHL full-time, he's more than capable of doing clever plays on the PP.
So let me get this straight, it's okay if Beaulieu's defensive game isn't polished so long as he is okay on the PP, yet Diaz should GTFO because his defensive game isn't polished and all he can do is play on the PP?

Great logic.

Also just because those team's don't have PP depth on the backend, doesn't mean the Habs should follow suit.

Andy is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 10:59 AM
  #124
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So saying Diaz is soft and can't clear the crease has nothing to do with size and toughness. GTFOH. If Diaz was 6'2 and threw the occasional hit, you out of all posters would cling to Diaz jewels more than anyone on this board.
While some ppl don't like him, I have no issue with 5'8 bouillon. Size might be a reason why Daiz can't clear infront on the net, but if he was 6'2 and couldn't clear infront of the net, I'd want him gone too.

habs03 is offline  
Old
09-16-2013, 11:00 AM
  #125
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusty8 View Post
You're blind.
For his first NHL game and on a smaller ice surface he did some good things. Anyone who thinks he was bad in every facet is the blind one.

Tyson is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.