HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs vs Bruins - Subban vs Subban (7:00pm on RDS & TSN2)

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Killerguitar101*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
If there's no Diaz, who are your 4 d-men on the powerplay? Subban, Markov, Gorges and Tinordi? Ridiculous.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:43 AM
SmurfsFTW
Wait.. WUT ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Uhh okay? Yes I would actually. They've both proven they can be good NHL players, so I would definitely give them a decent amount of games to get their **** together before looking at moving them just because they had a few bad games.
Diaz isn't a proven NHLer...

Yes he can skate with NHLers, but what did he do in the NHL yet ? Got concussed, made a suicide pass that almost ended Eller's career, got a few PP points.

Leblanc is as proven a NHLer as Diaz is.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusty8 View Post
If there's no Diaz, who are your 4 d-men on the powerplay? Subban, Markov, Gorges and Tinordi? Ridiculous.
Subban, Markov, Gorges and Plekanec (semi-srs)

Old
09-16-2013, 10:44 AM
SmurfsFTW
Wait.. WUT ?!

Quote:

Double shift Subban? Karlsson does, Letang does, Doughty does, etc etc.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:44 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
It's not as if every team in the league had 4 offensive d-men to play on the PP.

Subban certainly could take 3 more minutes per game on the PP. These are minutes where a d-man can be double-shifted. Not exhausting in any way.

And if a team can put a forward on the point on the PP, it's Montreal.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfsFTW View Post

This is the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time on these boards. Congratulations.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:45 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Like someone said you can try Plek, that way maybe you can put the Gally's and Eller on the 2nd pp unit upfront.

But there is always Bouillon lol

Good thing is Markov and specially Subban stays on for 1.30 sometimes on the pp

Old
09-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfsFTW View Post
Diaz isn't a proven NHLer...

Yes he can skate with NHLers, but what did he do in the NHL yet ? Got concussed, made a suicide pass that almost ended Eller's career, got a few PP points.

I didn't say he was. I said he's proven he can be. I see this is a pointless conversation though because everyone's already decided it's time to move Diaz outta town

Whatever, he was playing good for awhile and a lot of people either didn't watch the games / forget/ or just need him to hit everything or fly the **** outta town.

Suicide passes happen, it was ONE pass, ONE costly mistake. If Gryba was 2 feet to the side everyone would be saying how nice of a pass it was. Yeah he got concussed, how is that his fault? He got kneed in the head.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:47 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Like someone said you can try Plek, that way maybe you can put the Gally's and Eller on the 2nd pp unit upfront.

But there is always Bouillon lol

Good thing is Markov and specially Subban stays on for 1.30 sometimes on the pp
Markov ad Subban are probably two of the best 5 d-men on the PP in the whole game. That alone more than makes up for the rest. Worst comes to worst, you double-shift Subban and to the umbrella.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
And if a team can put a forward on the point on the PP, it's Montreal.
lulwat?

Plekanec? I still have nightmares about that.

I have nothing against double-shifting Subban on the PP, but with only 2 offensive d-men in the line-up, we'll have to double-shift Markov also.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
I didn't say he was. I said he's proven he can be. I see this is a pointless conversation though because everyone's already decided it's time to move Diaz outta town

Whatever, he was playing good for awhile and a lot of people either didn't watch the games / forget/ or just need him to hit everything or fly the **** outta town.

Suicide passes happen, it was ONE pass, ONE costly mistake. If Gryba was 2 feet to the side everyone would be saying how nice of a pass it was. Yeah he got concussed, how is that his fault? He got kneed in the head.
I don't give two shift and a half about the number of hits he makes. I don't expect him to have any to be honest.

But I have big problems with a player who gets rid of the puck everytime he hears footsteps coming, and who is soft with his stick on the puck.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
MT had no issue playing Tinordi on RD last year, when he was up here, MT moved Bouillon to LD and played Tinordi on RD.

Best solution to to get rid of Daiz, he is a pending UFA, he is soooooft, weak, brings nothing that we don't have, he should return us a nice draft pick or prospect because if his low cap hit, teams won't have an issue bring him in.

Go with

Gorges Subban
Markov Tinordi
Murray Bouillon
My bad, you're right. I completely forgot he played RD last year.

Oh well, 6 preseason games to go, lots of things can happen till then. For now, I'm open to all scenarios.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:50 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:

I really don't mind him, but he can't move anything infront if the net, in the playoffs he was exposed.

I also don't like how he'll be used, it seems like with Markov, Markov needs a physical stay at home dmen with him, not Daiz.

I wouldn't have minded if Daiz was paired with Murray, think that would be a decent pair, one does what the other isn't good at, but MT wants a Murray Bouillon pairing..

Old
09-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Andy

So if Markov or Subban gets hurt we essentially have a PP duo of Bouillion-Subban or Markov-Subban. Outstanding.

Also, to reduce all of Diaz's capabilities to powerplay ability is really disingenuous. Actually the whole assessment of Diaz's capabilities in the last 2 pages are completely disingenuous. The obsession over size and toughness has reached unprecedented proportions on this board. Boullion is not better than Diaz. I don't even need to look at stats or even make an argument to explain why. Everyone suggested otherwise is sitting there with a blind fold over their eyes and a thumb in their ass.

I'll just carry on, I disagree entirely with what is being said.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
lulwat?

Plekanec? I still have nightmares about that.

I have nothing against double-shifting Subban on the PP, but with only 2 offensive d-men in the line-up, we'll have to double-shift Markov also.
Then you do an umbrella

Bourque Gallagher
Eller Galchenyuk
Subban

Pacioretty Briere
Desharnais Plekanec
Markov

Old
09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So if Markov or Subban gets hurt we essentially have a PP duo of Bouillion-Subban or Markov-Subban. Outstanding.

Also, to reduce all of Diaz's capabilities to powerplay ability is really disingenuous. Actually the whole assessment of Diaz's capabilities in the last 2 pages are completely disingenuous. The obsession over size and height has reached unprecedented proportions on this board.

You call up Beaulieu then...

Old
09-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Draft

Quote:

Also, to reduce all of Diaz's capabilities to powerplay ability is really disingenuous. Actually the whole assessment of Diaz's capabilities in the last 2 pages are completely disingenuous. The obsession over size and height has reached unprecedented proportions on this board.

He had a pretty bad game last night but, I totally agree with you regarding his overall abilities as a defenceman. People act like he's a worse version of MA Bergeron.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:54 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:

There is a guy named Beaulieu in the minors, and another one named Nygren who could be damn close to being ready to see some NHL action after X-mas.

YOU find the last two pages disingenious and you think it has something to do with size and height, when in fact, it has absolutely nothing to do with it. More like all of those things I listed that stats just don't bring up.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Andy

Quote:
You call up Beaulieu then...
And if he isn't ready?.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:56 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
And if he isn't ready?.
What happens in Boston if Chara gets hurt? (Krug, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Boychuk?)
What happens in Detroit if Kronwall gets hurt? (Kindl, Ericsson, ...?)
What happens in Pittsburgh if Letang gets hurt? (Després, Martin, ...?)

This argument is good for about any team in the league.

As for Beaulieu, he proved last season that while not being ready for the NHL full-time, he's more than capable of doing clever plays on the PP.

Old
Andy

Quote:
There is a guy named Beaulieu in the minors, and another one named Nygren who could be damn close to being ready to see some NHL action after X-mas.

YOU find the last two pages disingenious and you think it has something to do with size and height, when in fact, it has absolutely nothing to do with it. More like all of those things I listed that stats just don't bring up.
So saying Diaz is soft and can't clear the crease has nothing to do with size and toughness. GTFOH. If Diaz was 6'2 and threw the occasional hit, you out of all posters would cling to Diaz jewels more than anyone on this board.

I've explained many times why I don't need stats to see Diaz's qualities as a defender.

-he has good gap control
-good anticipation
-a strong active stick
-a good first pass
-an above average offensive awareness.

To overlook all those contributions because he's "soft", or to overlook all those and say all he is is PP d-men is completely disingenuous.

Old
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
And if he isn't ready?.
He maybe not be ready for full time, but he can sure handle a good 5-10 games.

But if you mean Subban or Markov are out long term, we would be so ****ed, the pp would be last of our worries.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Andy

Quote:
What happens in Boston if Chara gets hurt? (Krug, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Boychuk?)
What happens in Detroit if Kronwall gets hurt? (Kindl, Ericsson, ...?)
What happens in Pittsburgh if Letang gets hurt? (Després, Martin, ...?)

This argument is good for about any team in the league.

As for Beaulieu, he proved last season that while not being ready for the NHL full-time, he's more than capable of doing clever plays on the PP.
So let me get this straight, it's okay if Beaulieu's defensive game isn't polished so long as he is okay on the PP, yet Diaz should GTFO because his defensive game isn't polished and all he can do is play on the PP?

Great logic.

Also just because those team's don't have PP depth on the backend, doesn't mean the Habs should follow suit.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:59 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
So saying Diaz is soft and can't clear the crease has nothing to do with size and toughness. GTFOH. If Diaz was 6'2 and threw the occasional hit, you out of all posters would cling to Diaz jewels more than anyone on this board.
While some ppl don't like him, I have no issue with 5'8 bouillon. Size might be a reason why Daiz can't clear infront on the net, but if he was 6'2 and couldn't clear infront of the net, I'd want him gone too.

Old
09-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Tyson

Quote:
You're blind.
For his first NHL game and on a smaller ice surface he did some good things. Anyone who thinks he was bad in every facet is the blind one.

Closed Thread