HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what is the rule if this happens tonight?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2006, 09:29 AM
  #1
burlington_Bs_fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
what is the rule if this happens tonight?

Hey all, does anyone know what would happen in the following situation?
Glen Murray hammers a shot over the goalie's shoulder that appears to hit the crossbar. The puck lands on Bertuzzi's stick who rushes down and puts it by Thomas. Before the face off after the goal, they go upstairs and find that Murray's shot actually hit the pipe in the back of the net. Do they take away Bertuzzi's goal?
Just wondering.
Go B's!

burlington_Bs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:36 AM
  #2
Bruinster*
 
Bruinster*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Behind the enemy lin
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,367
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
Quote:
Originally Posted by burlington_Bs_fan View Post
Hey all, does anyone know what would happen in the following situation?
Glen Murray hammers a shot over the goalie's shoulder that appears to hit the crossbar. The puck lands on Bertuzzi's stick who rushes down and puts it by Thomas. Before the face off after the goal, they go upstairs and find that Murray's shot actually hit the pipe in the back of the net. Do they take away Bertuzzi's goal?
Just wondering.
Go B's!
No goal for Bertuzzi, and they rewind the time on the clock at the moment of the Murray goal.

Bruinster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:45 AM
  #3
blackngold4877
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster View Post
No goal for Bertuzzi, and they rewind the time on the clock at the moment of the Murray goal.
quoted for truth

blackngold4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:48 AM
  #4
Westfield Eagle*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heights
Country: United States
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Westfield Eagle*
I'm pretty sure that happened in a TB/NYI playoff game a couple years ago. Not sure about the specifics though. The funniest part was they went a LONG time without a whistle and had to put that time back.

Westfield Eagle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:50 AM
  #5
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,631
vCash: 500
Well if Bertuzzi shows up, then we've broken the space/time continuum as it is Bertuzzi is super injured right now.

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:53 AM
  #6
ranold26
Registered Loser
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Well if Bertuzzi shows up, then we've broken the space/time continuum as it is Bertuzzi is super injured right now.
We will unleash Dr. Robotnik's wormhole device to enable the continuum. P.J Axelsson is the chosen one, he knows the password to unleash the fury.
All Hail PJ.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:55 AM
  #7
Ludwig Fell Down
Registered User
 
Ludwig Fell Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Shore, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Eagle View Post
I'm pretty sure that happened in a TB/NYI playoff game a couple years ago. Not sure about the specifics though. The funniest part was they went a LONG time without a whistle and had to put that time back.
Similar situation in a Game 7 OT with the Wings and someone (Minny or St. Louis). Federov scored but no one saw it; the game went on for a minute or two, and then the goal was replayed. Strangest end to a series that I've ever seen. Yzerman and the other team's captain were standing around the penalty box, then Yzerman started pumping his fists and the team mobbed him. The announcers were speculating how bizarre it would have been had the other team scored before the next whistle.

Ludwig Fell Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 10:11 AM
  #8
RudeRogo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RudeRogo
at least theyre reviewing them now. remember that boyes non goal last year that he shot right in the middle of the net and hit the bar in the back and it flew out so fast no one realized it was a goal.

RudeRogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 10:53 AM
  #9
bastone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeRogo View Post
at least theyre reviewing them now. remember that boyes non goal last year that he shot right in the middle of the net and hit the bar in the back and it flew out so fast no one realized it was a goal.
I remember that one

bastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.