HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon cleared to play!

Old
11-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Sometimes. He's not a core player, for sure. But I think the team has missed him. While Bouillon's outlet pass isn't great, I do feel he's real strong when it comes to skating with the puck and helping the transition game.
I think he tries to skate beyond his abilities, with the puck, but thats just me.

Quote:
While Souray, Rivet, Komisarek have oft been accused of being slow on the acceleration or mobility, all three of them can move when they get going, so there's no real reason, in my view, why this defense can't act more like rovers.
True, but I still don't see Bouillion the answer to this situation.

Quote:
Without the panicking Niinimaa back there, I see this as more of a possibility. At least, this is what I'm hoping for.
I'll throw this out there, you can make fun if you like. I think Ninimaa can skate circles around 99% of our defence, its his mental game that causes him grief.

If nothing else, Ninimaa is second only to Markov, in skating abilities,on our blueline.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Mike8

Well, that doesn't really matter. I don't disagree that Niinimaa's a decent enough skater, but what does that matter if he has no confidence and doesn't make the appropriate decisions. Fact is, Bouillon's an efficient skater and jumps into the play. Sure, he goes beyond himself sometimes, and that's why he's not a quality rushing-defenseman, but he is fast and he can jump into the play. That's a plus for the transition game any way you cut it.

Solution, by himself? Nah. But he tries, by all indications he's well-liked on the team, he's got some speed, and you can count on him to make a couple big hits when the team needs it. As far as I'm concerned, that's what you want out of a depth defenseman in this new NHL.

And I did feel the D lacked some real jump and ability to join the rush without Bouillon and Dandenault in the lineup.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:23 PM
vcx*

Minnesota better be ready for some Bouillon-baisse.

Dandy is great like that, durable.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:37 PM
marvelousmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I'll throw this out there, you can make fun if you like. I think Ninimaa can skate circles around 99% of our defence, its his mental game that causes him grief.

If nothing else, Ninimaa is second only to Markov, in skating abilities,on our blueline.
Dandenault ?

Ninimaa can skate, but saying he can skate circles around 99% of our defense is absurb.

Dandenault is a very good skater
Bouillon can skate, Streit too.
Komisarek skates quite well for a man of his size. (Just look at his two shorthanded goals)

Anyways, back to the topic, I do think the return of Dandenault and Bouillon is going to spark our defense. Although they are not top four defencemen, their presence can still make a difference on this team right now.

Compared to Streit and Niinimaa, Bouillon and Dandenault are

1. More physical
2. More intense
3. Better defensively
and the list goes on...

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 01:23 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf4mous_1 View Post
Dandenault ?

Ninimaa can skate, but saying he can skate circles around 99% of our defense is absurb.

Dandenault is a very good skater
Bouillon can skate, Streit too.
Komisarek skates quite well for a man of his size. (Just look at his two shorthanded goals)

Anyways, back to the topic, I do think the return of Dandenault and Bouillon is going to spark our defense. Although they are not top four defencemen, their presence can still make a difference on this team right now.

Compared to Streit and Niinimaa, Bouillon and Dandenault are

1. More physical
2. More intense
3. Better defensively
and the list goes on...
4.quicker, faster, better, more reliable
5. waaaaaaaaay more heart, pride
6. waaaay more experienced (well, at least compared to Streit)

Also, I'd love Cote to battle with Streit for the 7th spot...

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 02:47 AM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
4.quicker, faster, better, more reliable
5. waaaaaaaaay more heart, pride
6. waaaay more experienced (well, at least compared to Streit)

Also, I'd love Cote to battle with Streit for the 7th spot...
Heart and pride are nice. It doesn't help Bouillon when he can't clear the front of the net and gets outmuscled for the puck. If anything, he would be an ideal No7, imo, but that contract of his...

Despite some of unfortunate brain cramps and nervous play at times, Niinimaa's size, strength and ability to block shots did make a difference on the pk in particular. Makes me wonder what Cote would do with Dandenault.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:32 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
Heart and pride are nice. It doesn't help Bouillon when he can't clear the front of the net and gets outmuscled for the puck. If anything, he would be an ideal No7, imo, but that contract of his...

Despite some of unfortunate brain cramps and nervous play at times, Niinimaa's size, strength and ability to block shots did make a difference on the pk in particular. Makes me wonder what Cote would do with Dandenault.
And that happens verry rarely. Bouillon is 100% muscle, he weighs 200 lbs. Why cant you think of goal number 2 on in that vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy4Qleeb0KQ when you think of Bouillon??? Would Niinimaa ever do that? Would Niinimaa ever lead this team in hits?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:35 AM
ti-vite

Boogard did not accompany the team to play Ottawa and Mtl.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 11:42 AM
fatmax

Bouillon update

As per TVA (noon edition), the sport lady (Marie-Claude Savard), she announces that Bouillon might be back as soon as wednesday against the Wild! (sorry no link)

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
As per TVA (noon edition), the sport lady (Marie-Claude Savard), she announces that Bouillon might be back as soon as wednesday against the Wild! (sorry no link)
With link and all

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=313058

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:03 PM
McTusk

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:08 PM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
holy crap!
serves me right to go deer hunting for the entire week-end! It appears that I'm very late in the HABS news!!!

sorry for the useless thread!

go habs go!

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
And that happens verry rarely. Bouillon is 100% muscle, he weighs 200 lbs. Why cant you think of goal number 2 on in that vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy4Qleeb0KQ when you think of Bouillon??? Would Niinimaa ever do that? Would Niinimaa ever lead this team in hits?
100% muscle you say...It might explain his blind outlet passes to non existent or opposing players.

If you read carefully, you will note that I wondered how Cote would do after seeing Niinimaa bring size, strength and shot blocking to the pk and at left D on the bottom pairing. I'm not saying Cote is the solution however, but he might be able to do the job for a fraction of Cube's salary.

No question Bouillon can play, but I would prefer someone Cote's size and height playing with Dandenault. It's more than just being "100% muscle", there is a matter of reach and not having to take a flying leap when you want to hit someone.

Btw, leading the team in hits does not mean you are the most effective.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote