HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kost sent back to minors

Old
11-20-2006, 02:56 PM
kernkraft

vCash: 500
Kost sent back to minors

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/217656.html

Stupid stupid stupid

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 02:57 PM
TheRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Thanks to Kovy and Sammy.

TheRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 02:58 PM
tinyzombies

He's not ready. His skating is still sluggish and even though he improved his strength, he has to get more balance on his skates. He likes to shoot the puck though, so he'll be on this team at some point later this season or next season, no question imo.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The n00b King *

there's always a reason for this.

maybe what we saw wasnt what the coach saw.

let's hope it only puts a fire under his *** and he goes on to dominate the AHL.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ross MacLochness

What in the ****?

Murray and Downey better start looking like NHLers.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
let's hope it only puts a fire under his *** and he goes on to dominate the AHL.

Why do people continue to say this about Kostitsyn? It's not going to happen. The only way he improves as a player is in the NHL IMO.

Old
11-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Hamilton is playing tomorrow, could it be just to give him an extra game before the Wild??? Or is Lapierre on his way up.....'Cause they can't think that having Murray and Downey on their every day lineup makes us a better team.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Terrible decision. The choice should've been to put Downey on waivers.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mike8

Well, Kostitsyn didn't really force the coach's hand in keeping him on the roster. He did look good at times, but he could've been better. So while I'd rather see Kostitsyn stick with the club, I'm not altogether disappointed.

This raises the question, though: what's the second line gonna be? I'd like to see Perezhogin stick with Johnson and Bonk. I don't really believe Plekanec and Kovalev should be on the same line. Will Begin be given a chance there?

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:01 PM
TroyM

I'll put faith in Gainey and Carbo enough not to play Downey and Murray until Higgins returns, I assume this will be followed by something OR Dandenault will play on the fourth line and only one will be iced. Either way, I'd take Lappy over both at this point.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:01 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
What in the ****?

Murray and Downey better start looking like NHLers.
They do a different job. You can't have a team full of offensive-style players or you won't win.

He needs ice time and he'll get it in Hamilton.

Personally, I am not a big Samsonov fan and don't know why Gainey signed him...but as the girls in the valley say...WHATEVER...

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

While he certainly didn't look "out of place" during his stint, I think it's fair game for him to continue seeing heavier responsibility in the minors until either he does more than merely not look out of place, or until we actually have an open roster spot for him. As of now, if Bouillon really is that close to a return, then we have ample bodies on hand, and even with Higgins still out, a 22-man roster still lets us save a few cap pennies towards the deadline. We got a good look at what Kost can do, and hopefully he got a good motivational incentive to come back again soon, while picking up a nicer paycheck. All in all, good move both ways, up and down.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Well, Kostitsyn didn't really force the coach's hand in keeping him on the roster. He did look good at times, but he could've been better. So while I'd rather see Kostitsyn stick with the club, I'm not altogether disappointed.

This raises the question, though: what's the second line gonna be? I'd like to see Perezhogin stick with Johnson and Bonk. I don't really believe Plekanec and Kovalev should be on the same line. Will Begin be given a chance there?
This just in: Carbonneau will be centering Kovalev and Samsonov.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTL-rules

I wouldn't be suprised if Plekanec comes back on the 2nd line (is it really the 2nd or 3rd???) with Dandenault playing on the 4th...I hate to think that either Murray or Downey will have a chance to play and not Kostitsyn...perhaps Max Lapierre?

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Exactly, Kosts is the best choice on that line until Higgins is back. Begin, Downey, Murray and Lapierre don't make sense on that line and we tried the Pleks thing already.

Old
11-20-2006, 03:03 PM
znk

Bouillon is comming back to the lineup...that's why. Probably going to play 7 D again.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
This raises the question, though: what's the second line gonna be? I'd like to see Perezhogin stick with Johnson and Bonk.
Exactly. If Carbo breaks up PBJ he's an idiot.

Also like to add Kostitsyn the 3rd player to fail with Kovalev-Sammy.

Old
11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:

***?

Yeah, who exactly do we have ready to play on the 2nd line? I'm a bit upset that they didn't give him more than a few games to find his spot on the team. Maybe it is just to get him to play for the Dogs on Tuesday before calling him back up.... that might make sense.

So yeah, I'm just confused in general right now...

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Tatay Farlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
Exactly. If Carbo breaks up PBJ he's an idiot.

Also like to add Kostitsyn the 3rd player to fail with Kovalev-Sammy.
Could Samsonov/Kovalev be the problem and not the 3rd player?

I think so.

Old
11-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay Farlo View Post
Exactly, Kosts is the best choice on that line until Higgins is back. Begin, Downey, Murray and Lapierre don't make sense on that line and we tried the Pleks thing already.
If Begin can regain some of his abilities of last year, where he'd be winning battle after battle in the offensive zone, and the puck would seemingly follow him (because we know he can't stickhandle!) to the net, where he'd go tumbling into the net, taking 2-3 opponents with him... I could see him adding an important element to that Kovalev line.

But given Begin's play this year has been more reserved and certainly less productive offensively, I don't see it working.

Old
11-20-2006, 03:07 PM
HabuseMoi

It's kinda funny how Latendresse was given a chance even though he was 10 times worst than Kostysyn in his first twelve games and that it paid off in the long run.

I think we should have done the same thing with Kost.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Plekanec has to be the player who will move uf on the second line...the 3rd line had to stay intact and Pleks is the only remaining player who can play on the top two line on a consistent basis.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Mike8

Can I be the first to raise the point that now's the time of year when some teams start wheeling and dealing, and that this demotion does seem perplexing as far as roster personnel goes?

Old
11-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Ross MacLochness

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Kovalev-Begin
Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson
Murray-Plekanec

7D

????

I don't like the looks of that, and we already tried the Plekanec 2nd lin center- Begin 4th line center experiment.

Weird.

Old
11-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Can I be the first to raise the point that now's the time of year when some teams start wheeling and dealing, and that this demotion does seem perplexing as far as roster personnel goes?
I didn't read this....no I didn't read it....don't tell me we're gonna see those Aebisher, Souray and a 2nd again????

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote