HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 6-3 Tank Tank Tank

Old
09-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Tyson

vCash: 500
Preseason means absolutely nothing when the vets are not 100% ready and working themselves into game shape. The roster has half or more of players who will play in the minors.
One thing I did like was Fournier's grit. Time to make some cuts.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
izzy75

If last year was a fluke i.e. we played way over our heads (many believe this)
And this year's pre-season turns out to be the pre-seaons of 2011-2012
I don't understand how you can brush off back to back loses as no big deal

izzy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
poetryinmotion

ps What's up with Tank mode after every loss?... stop brainwashing us!

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LyricalLyricist

Leblanc looked better than Thomas. Leblanc needs a good look.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 09:00 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy75 View Post
Get back on the Ruins board!!!

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I agree that Louis needs a much more serious look. The problem is that MB traded for Thomas and did not draft Leblanc.

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Many Habs players wants DD to remain with the team, if only because it makes them immune to critics on this board.
What player would say they don't want a teammate on their team?

To be fair, going back to your last GDT post, you can't really defend DD on his penalty resulting in a goal then bash Moen for his penalty resulting in a goal. I think you just notice DD critics more because you disagree with it while Moen for example you don't notice it as much.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
donghabs98

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Don't really care about the vets.

Leblanc was the best player on the ice. Visible on every one of his shifts. Good board work. Good hustle. He showed good offensive positioning in the o-zone. Made a couple of decent players. Got under the opponents skin. He's a battler.

Dumont: Disappointed in his game a little bit tonight. Didn't have as much jam as he usually does. I think he's an nhl player, but he's redundant on the current club. He's good depth for now.

Thomas: Has some good wheels and a nice shot. Some decent vision and hands as well. He is small though. Can't complain about his hustle, but he looked ordinary tonight. Not great, not bad. Just okay.

Dietz: He looks awkward on skates. Played a quiet game, a couple of nice dekes on the powerplay.

Hudon: He has mad skills and vision. He wants the puck. Tonight he had difficulty getting the puck on his stick. By that I mean, he would only gain individual possession if someone passed him the puck. Didn't really force a possession change along the boards. His offensive zone positioning is great, the talent is there for sure.

Tinordi: looked great. I have nothing to complain about. A couple of good reads, some good stick checks to break up a counter attack. Good gap control, solid position. The man can skate for his size.
I agree with all of this. With Dietz you can see the potential it's just a matter if him reaching that and improving

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I gotta say, I thought Briere was actually looking good
Yeah that's true.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy75 View Post
because it's pre-season and pre-season doesn't mean anything. Many teams lost many pre-season games and had successful season.

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
To be fair, going back to your last GDT post, you can't really defend DD on his penalty resulting in a goal then bash Moen for his penalty resulting in a goal.

I think you just notice DD critics more because you disagree with it while Moen for example you don't notice it as much.
Do you REALLY wanna know what I was doing when DD took his penalty?

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
I agree with all of this. With Dietz you can see the potential it's just a matter if him reaching that and improving
Dietz needs another game or two, he warrants it.

Old
09-16-2013, 09:02 PM
donghabs98

Quote:
Agreed. Louis played a lot grittier than last time he has up here. I love the way he played and how he wasn't afraid to get in the dirty areas

Old
WhiskeySeven

Who needs Lapierre? We have Dumont and Moen.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Seriously, Desharnais sucks hard on the ice. This guy is a non factor. Yes, it's only a preseason game, but it's frustrating to see him being so soft.

Can we not tank this year, but next year.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StellerEller
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 425
I don't know what's more annoying: The idiot posters who are actually upset or the way too many posters being sarcastic (No offense to the latter, it's just that I have to scroll through like, 3 pages until we actually get to some real discussion)

So as we all (should) know, pre-season is most important for individual assessment of young players.

While I didn't find him to be bad, Leblanc was sort of 'meh' to me. He did play with confidence however, and I liked his compete level.

Thomas had flashes but ultimately I think he'll have to prove himself through the AHL. I do think if he gets to play with the right people, especially on the PP, he can be an NHLer. Not sure if he'll have the opportunity with the Habs though.

Deitz had some nice skating and was trying to create plays, but clearly he's not ready (not surprised). Hope he continues to improve though. We have tons of Dman prospects but we can't be sure who will bust. We luckily have a stacked set of D prospects, so hopefully the sheer number of guys give us good odds to have plenty of homegrown Dmen.

Tinordi was solid tonight. Didn't shine or wow the crowd, but he was looking to be NHL ready. There comes a point where a prospect who is developing can still play in the NHL without hurting his potential. I believe Tinordi is at that point. He looks bigger, more confident, and his skating looks even better than last year.

That's about it for the young guys that made me take notice. As for the new additions:

Briere was pretty great. Stealing pucks, being shifty, creating plays. He looks happy and motivated. As much as he showed chemistry with DD and Max, I hope that's not a line this year. Imagine what Briere could do for Plekanec, who often lacks the creative flair in his playmaking. Briere would be a great addition to that line in place of Gionta. Briere would be the puck carrier and the primary playmaker, Bourque would be the muscle and the goal scorer, and Plekanec would be the balance. Hopefully that ends up being a reality come october.

Murray played his role well tonight. He intimidated, got some decent hits in, and protected his teammates. He was caught on a goal or two, but he didn't have much help. Keeping in mind he's a 3rd pairing guy, he played well. Keep your expectations in check, and you'll come to realize how important this guy will be when the ******** from Boston and Philly come to visit.

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
HABSonaroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
X2 - Right now this is just Beer League play

HABSonaroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Andy

The only that bothers me is that I know that Pacioretty won't be separated from Desharnais this season (again, sigh) and that no matter how much they don't produce (if it happens), the Desharnais-Pacioretty combo will be out to start every powerplay and will get all the 5 on-3s.

Sigh.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 09:03 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Seriously, Desharnais sucks hard on the ice. This guy is a non factor. Yes, it's only a preseason game, but it's frustrating to see him being so soft.

Can we not tank this year, but next year.
This I noticed though. Playing too much of a complementary player.
Which would make sense if he was something we don't already have.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 09:04 PM
WhiskeySeven

I kinda like that Desharnais sucks, because it'll force Therrien's hand into giving our best centres a shot with our best winger for once.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
That 2nd price goal gave me some very bad flashbacks of last April
Agreed, I didn't mind the first goal Price gave up. The 2nd one had me shaking my head.

09-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Andy

About Murray, the only thing that worries me is that a few times tonight he lost his defensive positioning when he pivoted. He managed to close the lane every time with solid stick work though.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
As of now, this.

But I suspect that an offensive player like Thomas might look better with guys like Plekanec and Bourque (guys that actually have some offensive instinct AND experience) than with Dumont and Hudon.

Still, I really like what Leblanc did and believe he could turn into a very useful player. The Higgins comparison somebody made earlier seems pretty accurate in term of what he could become if he continues to work that hard.

Impossible Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Preseason means absolutely nothing when the vets are not 100% ready and working themselves into game shape. The roster has half or more of players who will play in the minors.
One thing I did like was Fournier's grit. Time to make some cuts.
The pre-season is basically a testing ground. That is partly why I was very disappointed in the coaching staff's decision not to try out new PK plays. The PK last season cost us games and if you are going to try new things why not in the pre-season.

I quite happy with the way Fournier played and it was cool to learn that he used to be a bus boy before. It shows that just because you are a bus boy it doesn't mean you are a deadbeat!

Old
headliner

I know it's only pre-season....but if Price can't get a handle on those marshmallow GAs, I won't be long tuning out. Those types of goals are DEFLATING!!!!

Fucale MAY turn into a good one, but I've never seen our goalie pool so shallow.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote