HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Juraj Mikus!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2006, 10:21 AM
  #1
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Draft Juraj Mikus!!

Last year the Habs missed out on the opportunity to add a second Christopher Higgins to the lineup, but there's another opportunity looming to make up for that grievous error.

There's another Juraj Mikus on the horizon!! Yessir, an eligible Slovakian prospect with the same name as our beloved Sagueneen.

I say the Habs do the right thing and draft mikus and Higgins (as an overager) with late picks in 2007 so they can join Matt Carle in future attempts to confuse the hell out of broadcasters.

Imagine someday the Habs playing San Jose with two Juraj Mikus, two chris Higgins, and the Kostitsyn brothers on the same team, plus the Matt Carles facing off against each other. We'd get to know some players' middle names or intitials I'd bet.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 10:28 AM
  #2
La Grosse Tendresse
HFBoards Sponsor
 
La Grosse Tendresse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rouyn-Noranda
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,482
vCash: 500
This is the most brilliant idea ever.


La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 10:32 AM
  #3
ti-vite
Registered User
 
ti-vite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,078
vCash: 500
Must be a slow day...

'Ma parole je suis confus Yvon!'

'Effectivement Pierre, la position de base!'

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 10:49 AM
  #4
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
There was a CFL QB named Dieter Brock, later went on to play a bot in the NFL.

He changed his name to Dieter. He came into the League as Ralph Brock. Now, in the league there's a player named Brock Ralph. If he changes his last name to Dieter, the circle will be complete.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 11:03 AM
  #5
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Funny

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 11:51 AM
  #6
Mad Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 500
Draft someone because of their name. Hmm, is Rejean Houle in charge of the Canadiens again. When did this happen.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:40 PM
  #7
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
There was a CFL QB named Dieter Brock, later went on to play a bot in the NFL.

He changed his name to Dieter. He came into the League as Ralph Brock. Now, in the league there's a player named Brock Ralph. If he changes his last name to Dieter, the circle will be complete.
Reminds me of Jose Uribe's story few years ago. Remember him, used to play shortstop mainly for the SF Giants (not the actual Uribe from the White Sox)?

Well, I read somewhere that Uribe's real name is Alex Gonzalez. When he was in the minor leagues, there was 11 other Alez Gonzalez in the various organizations. So he decided to change his name...

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:45 PM
  #8
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Reminds me of Jose Uribe's story few years ago. Remember him, used to play shortstop mainly for the SF Giants (not the actual Uribe from the White Sox)?

Well, I read somewhere that Uribe's real name is Alex Gonzalez. When he was in the minor leagues, there was 11 other Alez Gonzalez in the various organizations. So he decided to change his name...
Wasn't he Jose Uribe for awhile then he was just Uribe ? dave Van Horne called him the player to be named later.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:55 PM
  #9
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Wasn't he Jose Uribe for awhile then he was just Uribe ? dave Van Horne called him the player to be named later.
It all makes sense.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:08 PM
  #10
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
'Effectivement Pierre, la position de base de Théodore laisse à désirer'
fixed

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 06:36 PM
  #11
phil
Registered User
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: sand and sun island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
Last year the Habs missed out on the opportunity to add a second Christopher Higgins to the lineup, but there's another opportunity looming to make up for that grievous error.

There's another Juraj Mikus on the horizon!! Yessir, an eligible Slovakian prospect with the same name as our beloved Sagueneen.

I say the Habs do the right thing and draft mikus and Higgins (as an overager) with late picks in 2007 so they can join Matt Carle in future attempts to confuse the hell out of broadcasters.

Imagine someday the Habs playing San Jose with two Juraj Mikus, two chris Higgins, and the Kostitsyn brothers on the same team, plus the Matt Carles facing off against each other. We'd get to know some players' middle names or intitials I'd bet.
what would be the name writen on the back of the jersey of the second Higgins??? when there are two Higgins they add first letter of his first name like M.Higgins and C.Higgins... but now what if they have the same exact name??? C.Higgins(1) and C.Higgins(2)???

phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 07:10 PM
  #12
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
Last year the Habs missed out on the opportunity to add a second Christopher Higgins to the lineup, but there's another opportunity looming to make up for that grievous error.

There's another Juraj Mikus on the horizon!! Yessir, an eligible Slovakian prospect with the same name as our beloved Sagueneen.

I say the Habs do the right thing and draft mikus and Higgins (as an overager) with late picks in 2007 so they can join Matt Carle in future attempts to confuse the hell out of broadcasters.

Imagine someday the Habs playing San Jose with two Juraj Mikus, two chris Higgins, and the Kostitsyn brothers on the same team, plus the Matt Carles facing off against each other. We'd get to know some players' middle names or intitials I'd bet.
That could explains why Michel Bergeron was saying that Higgins wasn't even NHL caliber player ...












goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 01:43 AM
  #13
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
but now what if they have the same exact name??? C.Higgins(1) and C.Higgins(2)???
I think they would just put "Higgins". No need to go "1" and "2", there's already big numbers on the back of the jersey.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 07:21 AM
  #14
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
'Ma parole je suis confus Yvon!'

ahahahhaha hilarious

best quote ever...

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 07:24 AM
  #15
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I think they would just put "Higgins". No need to go "1" and "2", there's already big numbers on the back of the jersey.
one would be Higgins, the other would be C Higgins, I guess...


I remember how mixed-up were some commentators when Mark Recchi, Mike Ricci and Joe Reekie played against each other...

anyway, as of Pierre Houde, he always mix-up the names so it wouldn't really change anything

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 02:38 PM
  #16
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
There was a CFL QB named Dieter Brock, later went on to play a bot in the NFL.

He changed his name to Dieter. He came into the League as Ralph Brock. Now, in the league there's a player named Brock Ralph. If he changes his last name to Dieter, the circle will be complete.

LOL!! Every time I see that name I think of ol' Dieter - he burned my Rough Riders (Ottawa that is) with so many fourth quarter comebacks I lost count. Poor guy changed his name and it was even worse than the old one LOL.

Also reminds me of an incident a few years back when the Winnipeg Blu Bombers released Tom Europe and picked up Tom Canada on the same day. No word on whether Europe ended up playing in NFL Europe or not for a team who released a player named Canada. I remeber seeing it on the Score ticker and finding it rather amusing.

I did a google search and the article is still online. Not sure why the article's writer didn't take the opportunity to use the Europe/Canada angle....no imagination whatsoever.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=67887&hubname=

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 02:49 PM
  #17
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
what would be the name writen on the back of the jersey of the second Higgins??? when there are two Higgins they add first letter of his first name like M.Higgins and C.Higgins... but now what if they have the same exact name??? C.Higgins(1) and C.Higgins(2)???

Back in the good ol' days there were two Greg Adams playing at the same time, and they even ended up playing together on the Canucks for a spell in 1989. I'm assuming the coaches and local broadcasters raised a stink however, the pair only played togther for a 12-game span. Not sure if they ever played on the same line.

One went by Greg C. Adams, the other by Greg A. Adams

There were also two Dave Jensens playing at the same time in the 80's for a few games.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 04:25 PM
  #18
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Must be a slow day...

'Ma parole je suis confus Yvon!'

'Effectivement Pierre, la position de base!'
"L'equipe n'as pas montrer beaucoup de... creativite en zone defensive ce soir Pierre."

"Ah, oui.. en tout cas.."

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:17 PM
  #19
Nobak
Registered User
 
Nobak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Reminds me of the two Petr Sykoras. According to hockeydb, the "other" one even played 10 games with the Caps last season.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:41 PM
  #20
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
Reminds me of the two Petr Sykoras. According to hockeydb, the "other" one even played 10 games with the Caps last season.
I'd forgot about them. We would be remiss not to mention the two Petr Svobodas as well, or the two Stephane Richers.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:18 PM
  #21
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,526
vCash: 500
Alexandre Picard

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:19 PM
  #22
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,994
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Alexandre Picard
You mean, Picard-Hooper?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:10 AM
  #23
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
what would be the name writen on the back of the jersey of the second Higgins??? when there are two Higgins they add first letter of his first name like M.Higgins and C.Higgins... but now what if they have the same exact name??? C.Higgins(1) and C.Higgins(2)???
Our actual Chris would be C. Higgins and the other one would be C. Higgins 2.0

Cariboux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.