HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PS #2 - 9/17/13 | New York Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2013, 12:22 PM
  #51
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,693
vCash: 500
It is tempting to save money there but at least we know Birons downside, I don't really know what would happen if Talbot got a lot of starts.

Not sure Hedberg is as good as Biron at this point but his 5-hole is probably better

Levitate is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:25 PM
  #52
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I don't see much of a difference between Hedberg and Biron play-wise
I do. Biron's 5-hole...


nevesis is online now  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:29 PM
  #53
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,292
vCash: 420
Hedberg allows just as many 5 hole goals as Biron he just allows more in other places so there's a dilution effect.

.883 SV% last season....

Thirty One is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:30 PM
  #54
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,693
vCash: 500
Cam Talbot for #1 goalie

Levitate is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:32 PM
  #55
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,337
vCash: 500
Hedberg is a downgrade and why do we want to save roughly $350k again?

We have way too many forwards, burying Pyatt saves us almost double.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Brassard-Zuccarello
Pouliot-Lindberg-Kristo/Fast
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Asham

That's without Richards, who I can't really decide what to do with, move him to the wing probably.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:38 PM
  #56
92hatchattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,340
vCash: 500
I'm a little out of the loop right now, but where's mcilrath or however you spell his name?

92hatchattack is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:39 PM
  #57
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
I'm a little out of the loop right now, but where's mcilrath or however you spell his name?
Playing tonight. He would need to supplant one of the Rangers top-6 which is a pretty damn good top-6 so I think the general feeling is he will start the year in Hartford.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:39 PM
  #58
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,747
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
What is the min. salary? Hedberg would have to sign for that to make it worth trading Biron to save the cap. Is it 500K? 600? Savings of 600-700K right there.

Even then, I'd rather Biron.

Hire Sather is online now  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:41 PM
  #59
92hatchattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Abstaining from playing GTA V so these ******** better win
Your crazy. I'm going right home to play that **** before the game.

92hatchattack is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:43 PM
  #60
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,292
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
What is the min. salary? Hedberg would have to sign for that to make it worth trading Biron to save the cap. Is it 500K? 600? Savings of 600-700K right there.

Even then, I'd rather Biron.
550,000.

If some team takes all of Biron's salary without sending a bad contract back, I'll post a video of me signing Call Me Maybe in the nude.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:43 PM
  #61
92hatchattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Playing tonight. He would need to supplant one of the Rangers top-6 which is a pretty damn good top-6 so I think the general feeling is he will start the year in Hartford.
It's been such a long summer. What's out top six right now? G, mcd, staal, dz, Moore, Strallman?

92hatchattack is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:46 PM
  #62
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
It's been such a long summer. What's out top six right now? G, mcd, staal, dz, Moore, Strallman?
Yes.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Moore-Stralman

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:46 PM
  #63
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,747
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
550,000.

If some team takes all of Biron's salary without sending a bad contract back, I'll post a video of me signing Call Me Maybe in the nude.
Why wouldn't a team take back his salary? He is at one year for what, 1.2 mill?

I haven't gone team by team but I'm sure theres a team that would love him as their backup and can easily fit in the 1.2 mill.

Hire Sather is online now  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:47 PM
  #64
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Why wouldn't a team take back his salary? He is at one year for what, 1.2 mill?

I haven't gone team by team but I'm sure theres a team that would love him as their backup and can easily fit in the 1.2 mill.
Tim Thomas was just brought in on a try-out. Bryzgalov is still out there. Same with Nabokov. It's possible those guys would sign for that amount as well.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:48 PM
  #65
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,292
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Why wouldn't a team take back his salary? He is at one year for what, 1.2 mill?

I haven't gone team by team but I'm sure theres a team that would love him as their backup and can easily fit in the 1.2 mill.
1.3 million. It's a very tight goalie market.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:48 PM
  #66
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,292
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Tim Thomas was just brought in on a try-out. Bryzgalov is still out there. Same with Nabokov. It's possible those guys would sign for that amount as well.
Nabokov is back with the Isles. Jose Theodore is a competent backup looking for work as well.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:49 PM
  #67
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,747
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Tim Thomas was just brought in on a try-out. Bryzgalov is still out there. Same with Nabokov. It's possible those guys would sign for that amount as well.
Fair enough on Thomas and Bryz. Didn't factor that in. I'm not sure they'd sign for that cheap, but possible.

Wasn't Nabokov re-signed? I thought I remember knocking the Isles this offseason because they chose to bring back terrible Nabokov instead of trading for a goalie and becoming the contenders I believe they can be with a real goalie.

Hire Sather is online now  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:51 PM
  #68
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,292
vCash: 420
Lavoie said Thomas will eventually sign for 2.0-2.5 million. That's before Obama gets his hands on it.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 12:51 PM
  #69
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Nabokov is back with the Isles. Jose Theodore is a competent backup looking for work as well.
Must have missed that, thanks!

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 01:30 PM
  #70
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post


Your crazy. I'm going right home to play that **** before the game.
Class is forcing me to wait till 5:30 to get it so ill be playing promptly till the game starts

JohnC is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 02:11 PM
  #71
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,589
vCash: 500
I haven't been keeping up with all the hockey happenings so far, but why is everybody on the get rid of Biron bandwagon? Is it the same old "lol 5hole so big" arguments or did he blow in training camp?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 02:17 PM
  #72
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I haven't been keeping up with all the hockey happenings so far, but why is everybody on the get rid of Biron bandwagon? Is it the same old "lol 5hole so big" arguments or did he blow in training camp?
They think we need cap space to sign Stepan and that Biron is expendable. We're fine, and no reason to get rid of Biron.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 02:22 PM
  #73
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,292
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I haven't been keeping up with all the hockey happenings so far, but why is everybody on the get rid of Biron bandwagon? Is it the same old "lol 5hole so big" arguments or did he blow in training camp?
Because it's change.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 02:30 PM
  #74
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Hedberg is a downgrade and why do we want to save roughly $350k again?

We have way too many forwards, burying Pyatt saves us almost double.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Brassard-Zuccarello
Pouliot-Lindberg-Kristo/Fast
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Asham

That's without Richards, who I can't really decide what to do with, move him to the wing probably.
And without the Captain

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 02:31 PM
  #75
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
550,000.

If some team takes all of Biron's salary without sending a bad contract back, I'll post a video of me signing Call Me Maybe in the nude.
Please don't.

Bardof425* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.