HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

LA Kings Comeback “Kids:” Willie Mitchell and Jeff Schultz

Old
09-17-2013, 06:30 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Nice article, thanks for that. Schultz will definitely be interesting to watch throughout camp as he is a bit of a wild card. He had great potential and some good ability back when Green and Ovechkin were in full force, but that is becoming quite a bit ago. Interesting to hear Lombardi compare him to Scuderi as much as he did. Obviously, our defensive situation is going to be the story of the preseason, can't wait to get things started and see how it turns out!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Basilisk

I seem to remember Tom Preissing having a real great +/- with Ottawa. Then he comes here and is wretched. Oh well. Time will tell.....

Basilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

What can't be ignored is that Schultz was actually pushed out by a younger and better defenseman in Karl Alzner. Not saying Gann forgot to point this out, but something Lombardi probably doesn't want to have brought up to him, considering that him and his staff made a major dud of a move when they selected Hickey over Alzner. Doh! But that's just the way these things go.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Robert604strom

Canucks fan here, my dads best friend runs the fishing lodge on northen Vancouver Island where Willie fishes alot and he was never planning on playing last year. It was partly knee,partly feeling mentally drained(could be from the concussion issues he still had) But hes such a great guy,and will get to see him again this summer, but if you king fans want to email me or private msg i can tell you another reason why he didnt play that the media wont mention.

Robert604strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
What can't be ignored is that Schultz was actually pushed out by a younger and better defenseman in Karl Alzner. Not saying Gann forgot to point this out, but something Lombardi probably doesn't want to have brought up to him, considering that him and his staff made a major dud of a move when they selected Hickey over Alzner. Doh! But that's just the way these things go.
I'm trying to ignore it. Why do people have this insistent urge to bring up things over and over again about things in the past. Move on Hickey was a bad pick. Kings and other pro teams will make bad picks in the future. HEADLINE - THE KINGS WON A CUP WITHOUT ALZNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
I'm trying to ignore it. Why do people have this insistent urge to bring up things over and over again about things in the past. Move on Hickey was a bad pick. Kings and other pro teams will make bad picks in the future. HEADLINE - THE KINGS WON A CUP WITHOUT ALZNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The point was more about why Schultz was pushed out of favor by the Caps. It was due to Alzner. Of course that other fact about him being passed will be brought up as the Kings are now in search of a Scuderi replacement. Calm down, you might think more rationally that way.

Old
09-17-2013, 02:07 PM
bmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
I seem to remember Tom Preissing having a real great +/- with Ottawa. Then he comes here and is wretched. Oh well. Time will tell.....
The difference is that we gave him a much bigger contract. Schultz is a very low risk defenseman at this point. If he stinks it up, he's only got a 1-year deal for a small caphit.

bmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 02:19 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr View Post
The difference is that we gave him a much bigger contract. Schultz is a very low risk defenseman at this point. If he stinks it up, he's only got a 1-year deal for a small caphit.
Add to that, back when Preissing became a king, he was suppose to be an integral piece on a inferior defensive team than the current team that Schultz is joining.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:16 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

WM had a little tenderness today. I am keeping the faith.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Gustavo Fring
Analytics R4 nerds

The day I saw Matthew Perrault, all 5'8 160lbs. Matthew Perrault, push Jeff Schultz over like he wasnt even there during training camp 2011 was the day I realized Jeff Schultz would never be a competent NHL defenseman.

Gustavo Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC24 View Post
The day I saw Matthew Perrault, all 5'8 160lbs. Matthew Perrault, push Jeff Schultz over like he wasnt even there during training camp 2011 was the day I realized Jeff Schultz would never be a competent NHL defenseman.
Dubinsky also made him look like a friggin' pylon a few years back during the playoffs. Turned him inside out. Thankfully it's only a one year deal and he's just a placeholder.

Old
09-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Gustavo Fring
Analytics R4 nerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Dubinsky also made him look like a friggin' pylon a few years back during the playoffs. Turned him inside out. Thankfully it's only a one year deal and he's just a placeholder.
Dubinsky LITERALLY broke Jeff Schultz' ankle on that play.

Gustavo Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 05:56 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
WM had a little tenderness today. I am keeping the faith.
That's not good

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote