HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Gaborik or Schenn

Old
09-16-2013, 04:20 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

vCash: 500
Gaborik or Schenn

hey guys, really perplexed over my last keeper here. I have 3 right wing keepers with Gaborik being the third (Kessel and Yakupov are the others) and I can't decide between Gaborik and Brayden Schenn. Brayden has LW eligibility.

Keep in my that hits and pims are counted in my pool and my team is a bit soft to begin with.

Still leaning to Gaborik but Schenn should break out and you never know with Gabby's health. Although he is in a contract year so..

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
hey guys, really perplexed over my last keeper here. I have 3 right wing keepers with Gaborik being the third (Kessel and Yakupov are the others) and I can't decide between Gaborik and Brayden Schenn. Brayden has LW eligibility.

Keep in my that hits and pims are counted in my pool and my team is a bit soft to begin with.

Still leaning to Gaborik but Schenn should break out and you never know with Gabby's health. Although he is in a contract year so..
I projected Schenn at 53 and Gaborik at 57 based on Gabby playing 75 games to Schenn's 82. Keep in mind that was if Schenn played on the second line with Lecavalier and Simmonds. There has been some speculation that Schenn could end up on the top line with Giroux/Voracek. Obviously if he sticks with them his TOI goes up, and he will put up a bit more. Just for durability sake alone, I would go with Schenn. My projections are based on a 3 year average, PDO adjusted and with a growth/regression ibased on age/stage of career built in.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 03:52 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

If its a keeper I would go with Schenn but its close. Gabroik is still a good keeper but I think Columbus scoring all around could make this closer after a second glance. Its a big risk either way

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 03:58 PM
romster

I would keep Gaborik. He is super talented, but very injury prone. In Columbus now he should be one of the leaders, if not the top player and heavily depended on in scoring. He will get plenty of chances. At the same time I would say his +/- stats will suffer badly. Of course he is a risky choice, but if it works out you could get richly rewarded.

romster is offline   Reply With Quote