HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread Part 3: Eskies 3-9, I ain't even mad now

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2013, 10:02 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Sherritt is hurt again.
Judging by the protection he had on his arm and thumb, I'd say he was never close to being healthy.

Old
09-16-2013, 10:06 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
yeah the CFL is a joke, no question about it... its pretty sad when the NCAA reffing is miles and miles and miles better than the CFL reffing... its not even close

and people wonder why not many people take the CFL seriously... if the league can't take *itself* seriously by having full-time refs, then why should anybody else?
Not sure why you'd be shocked. NCAA is a lot bigger than CFL.

Old
09-16-2013, 04:08 PM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Refs deciding games is an epidemic in all three leagues.

Last weeks' San Fran-Green Bay game was influenced due to refs literally not knowing the rules and improperly enforcing offsetting penalties.

Last night Wisconsin got jobbed against Arizona St after the refs inexplicably allowed an ASU player to lay on top of the ball for 10 seconds as clock ran off, preventing the refs from spotting the ball and Wisconsin from attempting the game winning FG.

As bad as it sounds, I'd say NCAA refs are probably better than CFL and NFL refs at the moment. They probably decide the lowest percentage of games.
yeah the ending of that Whisky game was something else eh? i've never seen anything like that before

Old
09-17-2013, 12:06 PM
joestevens29

Dave Campbell ‏@Dave_CHED 22s
#Eskimos QB Mike Reilly named #CFL Offensive Player of the Week. 16 of 25 for 196 yards passing, 3 TD's and 113 yards rushing. #yeg

Old
09-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Dave Campbell ‏@Dave_CHED 22s
#Eskimos QB Mike Reilly named #CFL Offensive Player of the Week. 16 of 25 for 196 yards passing, 3 TD's and 113 yards rushing. #yeg
Pretty pedestrian for a Player of the Week award to be honest. Our offense barely moved the ball at all in the second half. Probably would have gone with Chris Getzlaf myself.

Old
09-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Tyrolean

Reilly passes for 500 yards and does get it but he passes for under 200 and has one good quarter and gets it. Strange.

Old
09-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Six in O6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Pretty pedestrian for a Player of the Week award to be honest. Our offense barely moved the ball at all in the second half. Probably would have gone with Chris Getzlaf myself.
He had over 100 yards rushing. The guy is like 5th overall in league rushing... I think he deserves some credit. Weekly awards don't mean **** when it comes to the win column so it's not a big deal anyways.

Old
09-19-2013, 11:10 PM
grandmastablank

Stamps/Charles free auto signing

In case any of you guys are interested, Fred Stamps and Hugh Charles are signing autographs Saturday from 3-4 at Pro Am Sports here in Edmonton. It's free, too.

Old
09-20-2013, 07:10 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

2-9 start to have a party now--do not know about you guys--but what hurts more than us being 2-9 is seeing cowtown 9-2

Old
09-20-2013, 10:46 AM
joestevens29

Have no idea why, but for some reason this year I find myself watching the Esks more.

Old
09-20-2013, 01:58 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Have no idea why, but for some reason this year I find myself watching the Esks more.
Train wrecks tend to have that effect on people...its hard to look away.

Old
09-20-2013, 02:21 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Train wrecks tend to have that effect on people...its hard to look away.
Really? I am finding it very easy to look away. Although I did watch the last game. But still, with the Eskies in the shape that they are in, I probably won't turn in next season either, unless Rhodes and Reed are gone.

Old
09-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 140
let's ignore the quality of play on the field for a moment and look at the bio for Rhodes and what he was brought in as president & CEO for.

"Len Rhodes has a clear vision for the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club and that is to create a sports and entertainment experience worthy of champions. "
" Under Rhodes' leadership, the Eskimos have significantly enhanced the game day experience "

I've only missed one home game since Rhodes has been hired. I have NO idea where this improved fan experience is. I don't see anything in the past two years that has enhanced the game day experience over the previous 10 years, for example.

it's been made worse actually by their increasingly pathetic use of the video screen in regards to their lack of showing replays.

I won't even offer the new seats as an example. the wider armrests seem to negate the extra width of the seat, so there isn't any more room for your butt. then you add the fact they used rider green on a third of them. plus I don't know how many times I've seen the plastic armrests come off when they've been bumped.

heck, in the sections near mine in the upper deck, they have even quit throwing out the mini footballs. a couple of years ago, they used to have kids throwing the balls, shooting streamers, and leading cheers.

I will give the esks credit for keeping the water fountains, so you are not forced to buy overpriced bottled water.

Old
09-20-2013, 02:40 PM
oXo Cube
Termite

Send a message via Skype™ to oXo Cube
Will be watching again tonight

but really im just a sucker and a moron

Old
09-20-2013, 02:42 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Really? I am finding it very easy to look away. Although I did watch the last game. But still, with the Eskies in the shape that they are in, I probably won't turn in next season either, unless Rhodes and Reed are gone.
Hey listen I am all aboard for the departure of Rhodes and Reed. I have been pounding that drum since before the season started. I didnt need to see the team on the field to understand that Rhodes was part of the problem. What cemented that for me was hearing him talk about Reeds job security before the GM was in place. When a non football man starts making football decisions and neutering the pending GM all you can do is shake your head.
Sound evidence that the this team has no direction and teams with no direction inevitably fail.

Having said that if I am a betting man (which I am ) I am willing to bet that Rhodes and Reed are still here next season regardless of how poorly the team does. Experience (on the player side) will undoubtedly mean the team improves next season which means those 2 clowns stay around for a few years at least. There is a strong chance the Reed grows up into a man (instead of a sniveling, tantrum throwing little drama queen)
and figures a few things out between now and 2015 as well.

So to sum it all up...we have a non football man making football decisions....a rookie GM who didnt get to pick his coach and made his own recruiting mistakes and figured the 'Rebuild' mantra would buy some time and forgiveness...a head coach that thinks that drama has more value than strategy and preparation...and a board of directors that doesn't have to answer to anybody.

If this team can spin success out of all that then clearly there is a place for fantasy in football.

Old
09-20-2013, 03:03 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
...by their increasingly pathetic use of the video screen in regards to their lack of showing replays.....
Please explain this one. The replays look the same to me. A new screen would be nice, and it's coming.

Old
09-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Valhallis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Please explain this one. The replays look the same to me. A new screen would be nice, and it's coming.
I think he may be referring to the lack of any replay after the play. I've noticed a significant decrease in the number of replays shown, especially if it involves a penalty. Thought it might have been a league wide thing that the CFl didn't want their officials embarassed by missed calls. But there for sure has been less replays.

Oh and I missed both wins this year and their last win last year. I've watched every other 'game' and will be watching tonight (with beer goggles on mind you). You guys may want to change your SportsSelect tickets to the Bombers. Just warning ya...

Old
09-20-2013, 08:25 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

"After review, the player caught the ball...and then went incomplete"

...what?

Old
09-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
"After review, the player caught the ball...and then went incomplete"

...what?
CFL refs never explain rulings. It's bush league.

Old
09-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Hahaha!! Max Hall is making the Eskimos his *****. One team, one coaching staff adjusted from last week and one team got fat and satisfied with their one win.

Old
09-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos

Kavis Reed not preparing his team? Check.

Marshall D being absolute ****? Check

Old
09-20-2013, 08:43 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 1860
Lol. I don't think the esks were good last week I just think the bombers played that bad.

Old
09-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Six in O6

Secondary is bad. That hasn't changed all year.

Old
09-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Valhallis

Did Winnipeg trade teams with the Denver Broncos? Or are we just this bad? Oy, shaping up to be another 4th quarter surge one the other team has given up but still manage to lose type of games.

Why has this team made me so jaded?

Old
09-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Lol. I don't think the esks were good last week I just think the bombers played that bad.
Yep. The Eskimos did jack **** after the first quarter last week.

Closed Thread