HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PS #2 - 9/17/13 | New York Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2013, 02:38 PM
  #76
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
And without the Captain
That's for next season when we have let him walk as an UFA to the Devils.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 02:49 PM
  #77
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
And without the Captain
Good call just move Zucc to the 3rd.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 03:11 PM
  #78
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I do. Biron's 5-hole...

in that case, were looking at $12 a goal... that's it, were winning the cup. nobody will buy goals from us

azaloum90 is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 03:12 PM
  #79
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
We have a few too many spares, and I don't want guys blocking youth development.

We'll only need one of Johnson/Falk on defense. If Dylan McIlrath takes us by storm, maybe neither as we move Stralman to 7th defenseman.

We'll only need 2 of Pyatt, Asham, Powe, Dorsett. I think Dorsett is a lock. The other three are fighting for an extra forward spot. Me, I'd bury Powe for later use and trade Pyatt for a conditional 7th. I like having Asham around. Moore is a better version of Powe.

Moore, Pouliot, Boyle are locks for the bottom 6 IMO. Kreider is a lock because of the lack of top 6 forwards. Zuccarello is especially a lock with Callahan out.

By all accounts, both Kristo and Lindberg are knocking on the door. If so, we need to provide them with a chance, especially with no Cally and Hagelin early.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 03:15 PM
  #80
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
We have a few too many spares, and I don't want guys blocking youth development.

We'll only need one of Johnson/Falk on defense. If Dylan McIlrath takes us by storm, maybe neither as we move Stralman to 7th defenseman.

We'll only need 2 of Pyatt, Asham, Powe, Dorsett. I think Dorsett is a lock. The other three are fighting for an extra forward spot. Me, I'd bury Powe for later use and trade Pyatt for a conditional 7th. I like having Asham around. Moore is a better version of Powe.

Moore, Pouliot, Boyle are locks for the bottom 6 IMO. Kreider is a lock because of the lack of top 6 forwards. Zuccarello is especially a lock with Callahan out.

By all accounts, both Kristo and Lindberg are knocking on the door. If so, we need to provide them with a chance, especially with no Cally and Hagelin early.
quite literally exactly how I feel, especially about the 4 forwards fighting for 2 spots.

azaloum90 is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 03:16 PM
  #81
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,842
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Please don't.
I consider this a personal attack.

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
09-17-2013, 03:57 PM
  #82
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Our offense is going to be so offensive. Excited to see some guys. Christmas morning syndrome with McI and the Swedes

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 04:03 PM
  #83
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 50
So Powe is playing back to back cus he's on the bubble??? I hope AV is serious about his clean slate bla bla, let em earn the spots and if they dont, they go to Hartford...

Osminator is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 04:22 PM
  #84
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
We have a few too many spares, and I don't want guys blocking youth development.

We'll only need one of Johnson/Falk on defense. If Dylan McIlrath takes us by storm, maybe neither as we move Stralman to 7th defenseman.

We'll only need 2 of Pyatt, Asham, Powe, Dorsett. I think Dorsett is a lock. The other three are fighting for an extra forward spot. Me, I'd bury Powe for later use and trade Pyatt for a conditional 7th. I like having Asham around. Moore is a better version of Powe.

Moore, Pouliot, Boyle are locks for the bottom 6 IMO. Kreider is a lock because of the lack of top 6 forwards. Zuccarello is especially a lock with Callahan out.

By all accounts, both Kristo and Lindberg are knocking on the door. If so, we need to provide them with a chance, especially with no Cally and Hagelin early.
My thoughts as well, Asham can play. He's a shifty skater and has a great shot, could stand to do more away from the puck, but a competent fill in none the less, more so than either Pyatt, or Powe.

Boyle shouldn't get moved, he's a solid bottom six player and is more effective on the wing I like the idea of a Boyle-Moore-Dorsett 4th line. That 3rd if Lindberg is the real deal can be very effective with Pouliot-Lindberg-Zuccarello/Fast/Kristo most likely Zuccarello or Kristo IMO, Lindberg is a good two-way player with some skill.

Really our bottom six is a lot more talented than it has been the last several years.

The thing is what do you do with Richards/Brassard? Who plays center, who get's moved to wing and who do you sit when Callahan and Hagelin come back? That's a tough choice really, I don't like slotting Kreider in on the 1st but that's apparently what we're going with at least initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Our offense is going to be so offensive. Excited to see some guys. Christmas morning syndrome with McI and the Swedes
You're right either way, either it's potent or just plain offensive. We'll see.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 04:58 PM
  #85
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Brassard is very poor (46% average) on faceoffs, has better wheels than Richards, and looked good playing wing on the power play. So I would move him to wing above Richards.

But if Brassard is going to play wing you'd like it to be on the top two lines. So you're looking at

Kreider-Richards-Nash
Brassard-Stepan-Callahan
Pouliot-Lindberg-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

Which doesn't even include Hagelin.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:11 PM
  #86
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Powe has played very well in training camp and last night. Getting another chance to show he should stay.

Right now the arena is pretty empty. We are up at the ceiling level, with an excellent view of the ice. If you have never been here (I haven't before this), I suggest a trip.

Leslie Treff is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:33 PM
  #87
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
McD wearing an A tonight, nice!

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 24s

Dan Girardi and @RMcDonagh27 wearing "A"s on their sweaters as #NYR take ice at Wells Fargo for warmups

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:44 PM
  #88
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,484
vCash: 500
I'm dying to see the boys in blue though...

Cresto is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:45 PM
  #89
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Powe has played very well in training camp and last night. Getting another chance to show he should stay.

Right now the arena is pretty empty. We are up at the ceiling level, with an excellent view of the ice. If you have never been here (I haven't before this), I suggest a trip.
what game were you watching? he was like last season useless.. same with O'Donnell?? is that Sather's grandchild or something?? why couldnt Nicholls or St.Croix play instead of those bums

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:47 PM
  #90
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,930
vCash: 50
Back to back games, who-hoo!

LGR!

Hellion is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:47 PM
  #91
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Handicap spot
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 504
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 4m

#NYR lines: Pouilot-Brassard-Zuccarello, Pyatt-Lindberg-Fast, Haley-Moore-Dorsett, Yogan-Powe-Kantor

I'm really psyched about Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello. Zuccarello is fantastic at driving possession, Brassard is a great playmaker, and Pouliot is a fantastic finisher.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:51 PM
  #92
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
I'm dying to see the boys in blue though...
A little over a month...

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:52 PM
  #93
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,221
vCash: 500
does anyone have a stream?

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:55 PM
  #94
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
what game were you watching? he was like last season useless.. same with O'Donnell?? is that Sather's grandchild or something?? why couldnt Nicholls or St.Croix play instead of those bums
So you have something to ***** about, outside of Powe the other three you named have a very slim chance of making the team so why does it matter so much?

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:58 PM
  #95
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
So you have something to ***** about, outside of Powe the other three you named have a very slim chance of making the team so why does it matter so much?
Powe has a very slim chance of making it as well tbh

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
09-17-2013, 05:59 PM
  #96
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Powe has played very well in training camp and last night. Getting another chance to show he should stay.

Right now the arena is pretty empty. We are up at the ceiling level, with an excellent view of the ice. If you have never been here (I haven't before this), I suggest a trip.
May be wrong but I think he's going to go down, look who he's playing with.

He is going on waivers for sure and likely not claimed so they will have the option of keeping him or sending him down depending on cap space.

Everyone craps on Powe but he isn't bad depth even if he does start in CT

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 06:01 PM
  #97
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,115
vCash: 500
Sammy boy. wutwut

Loffen is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 06:01 PM
  #98
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Brassard is very poor (46% average) on faceoffs, has better wheels than Richards, and looked good playing wing on the power play. So I would move him to wing above Richards.

But if Brassard is going to play wing you'd like it to be on the top two lines. So you're looking at

Kreider-Richards-Nash
Brassard-Stepan-Callahan
Pouliot-Lindberg-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

Which doesn't even include Hagelin.
I agree with that 4th line. It could get some good minutes. I also hope Lindberg steals a spot

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 06:01 PM
  #99
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
what game were you watching? he was like last season useless.. same with O'Donnell?? is that Sather's grandchild or something?? why couldnt Nicholls or St.Croix play instead of those bums
No decisions have to be made about the players you are talking about. They need to see Powe, and O'Donnell looked interesting crashing the net (although his skating was terrible the first day of camp), so he got a game. A decision needs to be made about whether to sign him.

Leslie Treff is offline  
Old
09-17-2013, 06:01 PM
  #100
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Powe has a very slim chance of making it as well tbh
I'd say slim, but semantics. The point was that out of the four Powe has the best chance.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.