HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Flyers (3-2) [W]

Old
09-17-2013, 09:58 PM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Call me crazy, but I believe there's a chance Kreider plays himself off the top line and ends up spending some time in the AHL while Fast earns some time on the top line
Not that this couldn't happen, but they've played 2 games with each having half an AHL level roster.

So call me crazy if I think we should give the guy who's shown he's got what it takes to score in the NHL at this moment.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 10:22 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Good game.

Fast was dynamite. I thought Stralman was very solid too. You can clearly see who our top 6 defense is, and it's ****ing good. Brassard had a great game as well. Pouliot can be a dynamic player every once in awhile too.

Even if he doesn't screw up on those 2 goals against, McIlrath was ECHL caliber out there. At best. Even plays like his dive to break up a 2 on 1 with his stick were a result of horrible positioning. His hits were also at the expense of going completely out of position. I also think he also was responsible for that "WTF" attempt at catching the puck in his chest right in front of the goal. You could tell he's nervous. I'm not going to look too much into it any way, there was a 0% he was starting with the Rangers unless an injury occurred.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
When did he show he's got what it takes to score in the NHL? His 8 goals in 49 games at the NHL level?

Not saying I agree or disagree but he hasn't really proven anything and shouldn't be safe. Can't get by on hype forever.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 10:29 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
When did he show he's got what it takes to score in the NHL? His 8 goals in 49 games at the NHL level?

Not saying I agree or disagree but he hasn't really proven anything and shouldn't be safe. Can't get by on hype forever.

Nobody ever said anyone is safe. Nobody said the lines or the roster cuts are set. Its way too early we still have 4 preseason games and couple weeks of camp

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 10:32 PM
3rdlineglory

In terms of Fast vs. Kreider, it's funny how it could follow the same draft trend of this franchise of the last 10 years. The first round guy doesn't make the impact he was supposed to (Montoya, Sangs, Cheraponov) and a less touted prospect steps up (Lundqvist, Girardi, Callahan.)

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
In terms of Fast vs. Kreider, it's funny how it could follow the same draft trend of this franchise of the last 10 years. The first round guy doesn't make the impact he was supposed to (Montoya, Sangs, Cheraponov) and a less touted prospect steps up (Lundqvist, Girardi, Callahan.)
he sadly passed.. ya can go with Jessiman Korpikoski as well..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 10:37 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:

I must have missed when fast made an impact yet. So far he has played 1 preseason game lol. Sure kreider has a lot to rpove but he hasnt had a full seaosn yet but he already has some big playoff goals

Old
09-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Nobody ever said anyone is safe. Nobody said the lines or the roster cuts are set. Its way too early we still have 4 preseason games and couple weeks of camp
Thank you for the obvious statement.

Also McIlrath CHL level? Lol

Old
09-17-2013, 10:45 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Thank you for the obvious statement.

Also McIlrath CHL level? Lol

You're welcome thanks for the smartass statement lol

Old
09-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

personally i think Allen is more ready than McIlrath. i wouldnt be shocked if Allen gets called up before McIlrath..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Synergy27

19,349 people attended this game? Wow.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
They probably just force STHs to buy pre-season games. Looking on TV, there's no way that many people were actually there.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-

Last edited by Screw You Rick Nash: 09-17-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Rangerboy030

Quote:
I would have used a different player as an example.

Rangerboy030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I'm only basing this on the last two pre-season games as I don't remember them from before, but I liked Syvret more than Johnson. Allen looked pretty good tonight as well. Pouliot is faster than I thought, looked good with Brass.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
i though kreider and lindberg both looked good. lindberg showed good poise and kreider used his speed for good scoring chances
Agree on Lindberg, but which Kreider game did you watch?

Old
09-17-2013, 11:30 PM
NYR Lunchbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
i was there lol no way. it was very full for a preseason game but no where close to 19k

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Not true at all. I criticized his checking that led to the goal.
There was tons of blame to go around on that goal. He did alot of good things during the course of the game as well. did he play great? No. But there some strong board play, a few good passes and hustle all over the ice. Easy Torts.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:

There's this tournament at the end of the year; I believe the winner gets a cup of some kind. Mr. Kreider has performed well in this tournament.

Old
09-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
There's this tournament at the end of the year; I believe the winner gets a cup of some kind. Mr. Kreider has performed well in this tournament.
He's not eligible for the Bean Pot this year.

Old
09-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Bardof425*

Tonight there were some good performances:

Good: Zucc, Fast, Brass, Yogan, Pouliot, Haley, Moore and Dorsett

Meh: Lindberg, Pyatt, Kantor, Powe

I thought the D was solid except for McI's gaffes. Allen looked pretty poised for a kid and Svyret has some good offensive instincts.

I know this is unpopular but aside from the stick lift, Lindberg seemed lost. Fast was much quicker and better at hounding the puck.

The injuries are the only reason any of the kids will get a shot because the vets up front look pretty good. Maybe that's a function of the talented kids waiting to take their jobs. When healthy (and with Step signed) I think it will look like this:

Kreider Step Nash
Pouliot Brass Zucc
Hags Richie Cally
Boyle Moore Dorsett

Richie and Step could be swapped. That Step line would play against the other teams' best lines.

And don't forget JT Miller will likely get a shot as well over the next four games to show he should be that 13th forward instead of Lindberg.

Old
09-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
He's not eligible for the Bean Pot this year.
Don't save him. Or her.

Old
09-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Here's a fun game Bard.

Chris Kreider's playoffs stats last two seasons: 26 GP, 6 G, 3A

Player A over the same period: 26 GP, 6 G, 5 A

Guess who?

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Brassard was incredible tonight, just a fantastic game outside of one really bad drop pass. Saw the ice, was cool under pressure, just a great game. Same with Zucc, though not as "dominant" he was most definitely a force. Pouliot looked good and bad. Sometimes he looked unstoppable, sometimes he looked lackadasical...kinda reminded me of Zherdev in that aspect (not how they play, just the way they can be totally different players from shift to shift).

really liked what I saw from Fast. Don't get the praise for Lindberg, I really didn't see much.

Dominic Moore, imho, has made this team. Boyle better start playing well.

McIlrath needs more time. At times he looked great, and at other times he looked horrendous. Signs of a kid with promise who needs more time.

Stralman was poor, but, who cares, its the preseason.

Like what I see from Talbot. To me, even though Biron hasnt given up a goal, it seems like Talbot is already a better goalie. He's the backup next year IMHO.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Two years ago.

Old
09-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Brassard was incredible tonight, just a fantastic game outside of one really bad drop pass. Saw the ice, was cool under pressure, just a great game. Same with Zucc, though not as "dominant" he was most definitely a force. Pouliot looked good and bad. Sometimes he looked unstoppable, sometimes he looked lackadasical...kinda reminded me of Zherdev in that aspect (not how they play, just the way they can be totally different players from shift to shift).

really liked what I saw from Fast. Don't get the praise for Lindberg, I really didn't see much.

Dominic Moore, imho, has made this team. Boyle better start playing well.

McIlrath needs more time. At times he looked great, and at other times he looked horrendous. Signs of a kid with promise who needs more time.

Stralman was poor, but, who cares, its the preseason.

Like what I see from Talbot. To me, even though Biron hasnt given up a goal, it seems like Talbot is already a better goalie. He's the backup next year IMHO.
what game were you watching? Stralman was the best d-man on the ice. Better than McD and Girardi.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote