HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Crosby proclaims Price the best goalie in the league.

Old
09-18-2013, 11:14 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I didn't know posting a .938% and a .967% in two of the 4 games he played in is pathetic.

What is pathetic is the narrative you are trying to construct.
I dont know why you feed the troll so much. You know he's a hater and a jackass, we know he's one and hell, he probly realizes it himself. No matter what you say, it'll still be the same.

If people just stop giving that kid attention, he'll just fade away.

Price is not safe from cricticism and most of his critics are perfectly rational people with whom i'm sure you'd love debating the subject but sadly, this one guy isnt.

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 11:18 AM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Some people just can't allow other members to have opinions of their own, can they?

I don't agree with Agnostic here. Even though some of the things he says are fundamentaly true, I think he might be a bit harsh in the way he talks about Price. But calling him a jackass and calling his analogies "pathetic" for the sole reason he doesn't agree with your opinion?

Come on guys.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Pricef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathronas View Post
let's see posters here are laughing at Crosby for choosing Price while the same goalie is considered for the top spot for the olympic team.

I'm with all of you when saying that price let some soft goals in, but at least I'm able to take a step back and consider it instead of laughing at someone who actually played against him and is considered one of if not the best player in the world.

I'm still not sure he's the best but I will watch him in a new light. Between Crosby and ANY of you guys, He will have more weight on my opinion.
Well said

Pricef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Price has the highest salary on this team and should be a leader and make the team better all by himlself. We should not expect the team to make Price a better goalie than he is.

Last Playoff if we only switch the goalie, the Habs probably win in 4 or 5 games. If Price can't reach his potential in the next 2 years, the Habs should look for a cheaper alternative for the same average performance.
If we switch the goalies the Sens still win.

Anderson saw every shot man. Price was screened most of the time. That's our problem. No big forwards, we don't go to the net enough and our own D doesn't protect the goalie. So yeah, Anderson had a great save percentage... that's what happens when the opposing team lets you see every shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Some people just can't allow other members to have opinions of their own, can they?

I don't agree with Agnostic here. Even though some of the things he says are fundamentaly true, I think he might be a bit harsh in the way he talks about Price. But calling him a jackass and calling his analogies "pathetic" for the sole reason he doesn't agree with your opinion?

Come on guys.
Well, Agnostic is a little extreme dude...

It's one thing to not be entirely sold on the guy or to think he's maybe overrated. It's another thing to rave about him incessantly and scream he sucks every time a goal goes in. Agnostic crossed that line a long time ago and I just gave up on him. It's too bad too because before his Price obsession I thought he was actually a half decent poster. Maybe he still is, but I've had him on ignore for a long time now. He's lost his mind when it comes to Price and for the life of me I have no idea why.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 12:22 PM
CanadiensVault

Thanks for the laugh Sid!

CanadiensVault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Definitely a big year for Carey. By all accounts he is really focused on playing great and making Team Canada. Let's hope we see the results.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 12:29 PM
CanadiensVault

Can't defend Carey anymore. I used to defend him. Impossible to do now after last season. I hope he proves me wrong, but my hopes are as low as they can go with him. Might consider trading him while his value is still somewhat there. There are MANY other goalies that can do what he's been doing for us at a way cheaper price.

CanadiensVault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Mrb1p

Somewhere... Somehow... The guy who started this thread is laughing....

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Bieber fever

Not hating on Price but why paying a goalie 6,5M if he can't make safe if he doesnt have a good defense that allow him to see every shots ?

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:00 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Redundant much? Besides not making sense I really don't fear Price doing well because it hasn't happened that much historically. Like I said I am ready for a solution (trade) and bridging somehow to the next best hope - Fucale.

Don't get a hate on for me Andy, I am only the messenger. Like Marc Bergevin, I know what I see and I know what needs to change.
hahaha! Don't take it the wrong way but that last sentence make you look like the biggest blowhard.

I also don't understand fans of a team that continually put their players down. You should encourage, not discourage. Worst type of fans.

And by the way you do not know what needs to change. You are not a gm or a coach, you're just another fan. You don't know any better than any other poster here. An opinion is like an butthole, everybody has one. Stop acting like you know everything.

I, for one, will encourage my team. Do I wish we had bigger players? yup. And they will come eventually. The goalie is by far, the least of my concerns for the team. In the meantime, I will enjoy the hockey.... instead of living in a constantly negative point of view world a lot of you a living in.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
When do we expect more from him? I just think the expectations of the goalie, from a fanbase point of view, has to be in line with the expectations of the team

I think that's just fair

Also, I don't see the point in trading for another goalie. As I said earlier, whomever plays goalie for this team will suffer the same pressures because of the history of success of it's predecessors

Price has THE toughest job in all of hockey...I can't emphasize this enough
Most people on here have 0 concept of the grooming process that Carey Price has been put through starting at the age of 16. And when he was drafted by the habs, that process was upped to the next level. People say his head is not in games.. I can understand why they'd see that, but playing goalie isn't about being aggressive, it's about being in control. He has to tap into his zen-jedi-mind, as this is the mindset where he finds his game.. and holding onto that consistently at a young age, while learning to be a pro, and learning to deal with the pressures of a hockey mad city is not easy (along with all the other political madness playing in Montreal comes with, language and so on, which, never affected Carey directly, but goalie being a team position, these politics have an indirect affect).

That said, I think Carey Price will be golden this year. All the alchemy of his makeup has settled, the components of his chemistry are ready to transform him. The factors this year such as the Olympics, the transition from a circus-show that was the habs organization up until last year, all of it, he's going to prove a lot of people wrong. He also got married this summer, which, many of you guys don't realize, is a huge step for any man to take. If all his problems are mental, then I think we have a recipe for success here.

And when this happens, the haters will find other things to hate, other reasons to be miserable, other excuses for not being happy/satisfied with the things they love.

Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Price has the highest salary on this team and should be a leader and make the team better all by himlself. We should not expect the team to make Price a better goalie than he is.

Last Playoff if we only switch the goalie, the Habs probably win in 4 or 5 games. If Price can't reach his potential in the next 2 years, the Habs should look for a cheaper alternative for the same average performance.
I was hard on Price last year and yes Game 1 I blame him for it but games 2 and 4 especially in Ottawa he kept us in them. Gave us a chance in games 4 before they got that goal that should have been refused and changed everything. Budaj 1st shot in OT went in and game 5 we won't even talk about it

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 147
It seems to me that what needs to be more consistent is the team in front of Price. To me, Price is not playing under the level of expectations. There are a handful of games you can blame Price in. But even in those games, the team in front of him brought its usual lackluster self to the match.

There are some days we get to see a great team game. Most of the time it's Price and "the others".

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I was hard on Price last year and yes Game 1 I blame him for it but games 2 and 4 especially in Ottawa he kept us in them. Gave us a chance in games 4 before they got that goal that should have been refused and changed everything. Budaj 1st shot in OT went in and game 5 we won't even talk about it
I still can't believe Price is being blamed for a playoff series where he only shouldered two of the 4 losses required to be eliminated- not to mention that he played extremely well in games 2 and 4. If that doesn't scream agenda, I don't know what does.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:42 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Price's play will be excused for another few years. I'll give him 2 more seasons before I completely give up on him.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Habz2006

I'm wondering when Price is going to no longer be considered a prospect goalie who is developing into a superstar.... I'm personally tired of hearing the old argument that he is still young and we need to be patient. Should we wait until he is 30 years old ?

Habz2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:56 PM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post

Come on guys.
Oh cmon, he's obviously trolling. I've talked with my fair share of people who didnt like Price and i dont happen to believe that they're all jackasses. He's not even argumentating properly, just shouting his hate over every single argument that's brought forward to him.

Even if he wasnt trolling (and he is), his hatred of Price runs so deep that discussing the subject with him would still be futile. Obviously, no one is going to change his mind and he's not willing to partake in the discussion in a moderate manner.

So again, what's the point or answering his posts? People might as well just leave him alone.

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:57 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habz2006 View Post
I'm wondering when Price is going to no longer be considered a prospect goalie who is developing into a superstar.... I'm personally tired of hearing the old argument that he is still young and we need to be patient. Should we wait until he is 30 years old ?
Haven't you read this thread? Some people here already think he is a supertar.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Habz2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I don't think he is a superstar .... I think his name makes him a superstar. I think THAT is the truth.

Habz2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Oh cmon, he's obviously trolling. I've talked with my fair share of people who didnt like Price and i dont happen to believe that they're all jackasses. He's not even argumentating properly, just shouting his hate over every single argument that's brought forward to him.

Even if he wasnt trolling (and he is), his hatred of Price runs so deep that discussing the subject with him would still be futile. Obviously, no one is going to change his mind and he's not willing to partake in the discussion in a moderate manner.

So again, what's the point or answering his posts? People might as well just leave him alone.
Really good post, and thats the truth.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Roulin

IMO Price is pretty much a league average starting goalie, who hopefully becomes more consistent as he ages. Goalies age differently - Lunqvist wasn't really King Henrik until around 26-27 - but that's no sure thing. Here's hoping.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
He is.

Mark my words.

Last edited by Karl Pilkington: 09-18-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
If we switch the goalies the Sens still win.

Anderson saw every shot man. Price was screened most of the time. That's our problem. No big forwards, we don't go to the net enough and our own D doesn't protect the goalie. So yeah, Anderson had a great save percentage... that's what happens when the opposing team lets you see every shot.
I don't agree at all. Anderson had to fight through screens on a lot of shots and he did. He stopped ALL the easy ones and a ton of hard ones. Price only stopped had ones in game 2, and let in easy ones in all other games.

The whole "no traffic in front of Anderson" and "our defense was brutal and that's why Price sucked" are myths propagated on here for the last 4 months, not created from reality. Go look at the video of those games, in all 4 Ottawa wins, Anderson makes numerous huge saves in the 1st while Habs have a clear edge in play.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Price's play will be excused for another few years. I'll give him 2 more seasons before I completely give up on him.
What?

He did well until now. "Completely give up on him" Seriously?

I already hear the "FU CAH LE" chants coming...

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I still can't believe Price is being blamed for a playoff series where he only shouldered two of the 4 losses required to be eliminated- not to mention that he played extremely well in games 2 and 4. If that doesn't scream agenda, I don't know what does.
Agreed, the only thing I'd blame Carey for is the 3rd period of game 1 which I thought he needed to be better and make those saves. Other then that he was solid like you said in both games 2 and 4 and in Game 3 no one showed up

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote