HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The book is out on Huet eh Pierre?

Old
11-20-2006, 08:24 PM
wildone26*

vCash: 500
Pierre McGuire shows alot of passion for the game whenever he speaks a word on hockey. That is what is most impressive about him. You may not like everything he says but you cant deny the passion for the sport.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
Pierre McGuire shows alot of passion for the game whenever he speaks a word on hockey. That is what is most impressive about him. You may not like everything he says but you cant deny the passion for the sport.
That's the first post you've written that hasn't led me to believe you're posting from the looney bin.

And you're entirely right: anyone who has as much passion as McGuire is a person to be respected, in my view.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 12:03 AM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Huet struggled pretty bad at the start of this season.

Today Carbo is quoted in the Gazette saying that Huet has improved and is working hard with Melanson. That's exactly what McGuire said.
Of course he's working with the goalie coach, what else is a goalie coach supposed to do? Coach's will always make statements like that, they're meaningless.

Point is Pierre is not giving Huet the credit he deserves, just like he hasn't been since January of last year.

Pierre's initial statement said it all, when Marinaro asked him about Huet he said "He's good", good? #3 in the league??? GOOD? 3 #1 stars in a row? When Marinaro laughed and said "Good?" he changed his position to "He was tremendous don't get me wrong!". Sure pierre...we won't get you wrong...

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 12:06 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
Of course he's working with the goalie coach, what else is a goalie coach supposed to do? Coach's will always make statements like that, they're meaningless.

Point is Pierre is not giving Huet the credit he deserves, just like he hasn't been since January of last year.
He'll come arround.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 12:15 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
He'll come arround.
He'll have to when Huet is hoisting the Vezina at season's end

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 12:18 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Huet struggled pretty bad at the start of this season.

Today Carbo is quoted in the Gazette saying that Huet has improved and is working hard with Melanson. That's exactly what McGuire said.
I'm not going to claim that I've followed the Habs as much as in years past. But I did watch the end of the first game of the season and Huet is in my pool. He does the splits and stops the first or second shot (in the shootout).... then stands there as the next shooter(s) come in, as if he's unable to move. Your starting goalie doesn't play for 8 days after that (granted Aebi only plays 2 games in that span).

Is "struglling early in the season" code words for "injured"... because that is exactly what it looked like to me.

trentmccleary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 12:23 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I'm not going to claim that I've followed the Habs as much as in years past. But I did watch the end of the first game of the season and Huet is in my pool. He does the splits and stops the first or second shot (in the shootout).... then stands there as the next shooter(s) come in, as if he's unable to move. Your starting goalie doesn't play for 8 days after that (granted Aebi only plays 2 games in that span).

Is "struglling early in the season" code words for "injured"... because that is exactly what it looked like to me.
He lacked confidence in the first 4-5 games he played. He was pretty good in a couple of those....but you just knew something wasnt right in his style and rebound control. Last few games he looked unbeatable.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 02:55 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post

It looked like he got cramps during that shootout. I highly doubt that he was actually injured although carbo did say after the game that they didn't want to take any chances and go with Abby the next game. I have a suspicion that abby was going to be the starter regardless. Aebsicher was playing very well to start off the season as well and he gave carbo no choice but to rotate the goalies for a while.

I believe it was afinogenov who froze huet. I mean, if I was a goalie, I'd totally expect a deke from afinogenov. I think thats why huet froze because he wasn't expecting a shot... BTW, it was a great shot too. I tip my hat to maxim on that one

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote