HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perez 3rd in plus minus, Huet 2nd in SV%

Old
11-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Pascal

vCash: 500
Perez has great upside but he needs to polish his finishing skills, and his puck protection. He loses the puck a LOT.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:10 PM
henri2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Perez has great upside but he needs to polish his finishing skills, and his puck protection. He loses the puck a LOT.
He also steals alot of pucks

henri2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

His goal last night was a thing of beauty.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
You feel Perezhogin will grow into a big offensive contributor ? I watch and I'm not quite sure what kind of player he'll be. I love the energy and doggedness he brings to his line. His speed is certainly helping his linemates. I wonder if he is about to break out offensively or if he has the poise to be a scorer. I wonder if he has a bit of Rejean Houle in him, a ggod forechecker, hard worker, great skater, good offensively but maybe not as good as expected.

I'm not ragging on the kid, I'm glad he's on the team, I'm just not sure what kind of player he'll be in 5 years. He'll be a good one, but 30 goals 40 assists good, or 15/15 and a terror on a checking line ?
I don't know if he'll ever be a top 10 scorer, but I do feel his offensive potential is untapped. Once in a while, he'll make a jaw-dropping goal(montreal knows what I mean) displaying all his skills. There are alot of facets to his game he's still not exlpoiting to its potential. He's very good with the puck, but I see a lot of tentativeness still, he's using his speed more then last year, but at the end of last game, you could see he was trying to get to another gear. He just started using his shot the last two games, he's got a great one, but he's still a bit shy with it. I think the afinogenov comparisons are good(they even look alike), but at the same age, Perezhogin is a stronger player, both physically and on the forecheck.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 09:25 PM
fromage67

I am delighted by Perezhogin's play. I had a lot of faith in his offensive potential, but I am seeing a complete hockey player this year.

Montreal has started drafting well again, but evidently, they are developing their players much, much better than in the past. (Say, the last 10 years. I am really looking forward to seeing what will become of Chipchura and Kostitsyn.)

Perezhogin just turned 23, so I am convinced that he will get better offensively. I don't like the comparisons to Afinogenov, Perezhogin's puck control is not as good, but I see a guy who will become a solid player on both sides of the puck, and will no doubt score more than 60 pts some time in the next few years.

fromage67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I was a Perezhogin fan since he got drafted, but my enthusiasm for him dipped a little last year (especially after this year's camp, after reading these forums). However, what I've seen from him in the last few games has been impressive. It seems like he has become more confident going to the net, and works extremely hard. Tonight, he had several outstanding chances, and was easily one of hte best players on the ice. I'm hopeful that he can continue this and that this isn't just a flash in the pan moment. I think after Hossa scored 4 goals in 4 games for us in 2002/03, I've decided to reserve some judgement on some of our younger players. However, Perezhogin has improved steadily this year, and I'm getting the feeling that this isn't just a hot streak.
the difference between hossa then and perez now is that perez has game(defensive game,forecheck,speed and corners)and hossa was a floater who scored 4 in 4 games.

Huet is the man thats all...

Perez has improved and has regained my confidence in him. i lost interest after the stick swinging incident and kind of disapeared off my radar. Last year he just wasn't consistant. Now he seems to have developed a good all round game and starting to turn heads. Good for him. Hope his offensive game starts to come and we will have a really good offensive 2-way forward.

p.s. Can't believe raycroft is on teh ballot and Huet is not. I mean only the Toronto media and a few doubting Hab fans thought Huet wasn't the man. He is a great goalie and he proved that last season and now again. I never lost faith in him, i saw great technique and a few bad bounces early in the year but he was still pretty solid. And now he is on fire....

Last edited by Toro: 11-19-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Perez has been our most consistent player this season I feel. He's out there every game!
I guess you forgot about Higgins But ya, other then the 3-4 games Perez played with the lazier russians, he's looked very good.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri2014 View Post
Since he came back with bonk and johnson perez is playing amazing hockey, causing tons of turnovers in the neutral zone and he forecheck really hard. I'm really happy with his play and if he continues like that hes gonna be a good player for the habs for a long time. Those extra 10 pounds didnt slow him down and they are really helping him in the corners. He has blazing speed and hes using it well.

He is this year, exactly where Higgins was at the biggining of the year last year. IMO we will see similar breakout soon and this of course is good news for our team. Its good to see what Perezhogin, Higgins, Latendresse and Komisarek bring to this team.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Sthabs

I remember the days were people were scared to go for that "virage de jeunesse"
Habs future havent look brighter in a while...

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
You feel Perezhogin will grow into a big offensive contributor ? I watch and I'm not quite sure what kind of player he'll be. I love the energy and doggedness he brings to his line. His speed is certainly helping his linemates. I wonder if he is about to break out offensively or if he has the poise to be a scorer. I wonder if he has a bit of Rejean Houle in him, a ggod forechecker, hard worker, great skater, good offensively but maybe not as good as expected.

I'm not ragging on the kid, I'm glad he's on the team, I'm just not sure what kind of player he'll be in 5 years. He'll be a good one, but 30 goals 40 assists good, or 15/15 and a terror on a checking line ?
I absolutely agree with this. Many people, including myself, have stressed about conifdence issues in he case... while he seems pretty at ease with Bonk and Johnson, I think it's still an issue for him. Look at last night's game; he works hard, scores a beauty... next three shifts, he tries Superman like plays (all failed)... I don't know what to think anymore, is it a lack of confidence or a lack of skills. Also happend against TO when he scored his first goal, tried all sorts of crazy moves.. all failed.

just a thought.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
What??? He rarely loses the puck, actually he only has 1 giveaway accroding to NHL stats; last on the team in that departement........................... and is also 4th on the team in takeaways with 13. He's very strong on the puck, in the corners, along the boards. I don't understand.

Old
11-19-2006, 11:47 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
I don't know if he'll ever be a top 10 scorer, but I do feel his offensive potential is untapped. Once in a while, he'll make a jaw-dropping goal(montreal knows what I mean) displaying all his skills. There are alot of facets to his game he's still not exlpoiting to its potential. He's very good with the puck, but I see a lot of tentativeness still, he's using his speed more then last year, but at the end of last game, you could see he was trying to get to another gear. He just started using his shot the last two games, he's got a great one, but he's still a bit shy with it. I think the afinogenov comparisons are good(they even look alike), but at the same age, Perezhogin is a stronger player, both physically and on the forecheck.
Agreed completely, and that's probably why everyone is so ecstatic about this guy, he's playing great and yet he seems to still try to go faster, quicker, stronger, etc...

Plus... on the bench or between plays he's smiling a lot, looking like he's having lots of fun out there... can only help if you have fun doing your job!

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I absolutely agree with this. Many people, including myself, have stressed about conifdence issues in he case... while he seems pretty at ease with Bonk and Johnson, I think it's still an issue for him. Look at last night's game; he works hard, scores a beauty... next three shifts, he tries Superman like plays (all failed)... I don't know what to think anymore, is it a lack of confidence or a lack of skills. Also happend against TO when he scored his first goal, tried all sorts of crazy moves.. all failed.

just a thought.
I think you focus on him way too much man. Your trying to disect his every move. What superman like plays are you talking about? I saw him try to flip the puck up through his feet but it slipped off his stick. The next shift he intercepted a pass and walked in and took a clapper on goal. I was glad when I saw a burst of energy after scoring. I'd take that everyday over another Sundstrom-like robot on this team. If the PB&J line is kept together all year, Perezhogin will lead them in even strength points. That's my prediction.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Samsonov is actually leading the team for even strenght points with Mike Johnson(95-96 in the NHL..ouch). Kovalev is 1 point back.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
I think you focus on him way too much man. Your trying to disect his every move. What superman like plays are you talking about? I saw him try to flip the puck up through his feet but it slipped off his stick. The next shift he intercepted a pass and walked in and took a clapper on goal. I was glad when I saw a burst of energy after scoring. I'd take that everyday over another Sundstrom-like robot on this team. If the PB&J line is kept together all year, Perezhogin will lead them in even strength points. That's my prediction.
I'm not trying to discet every play of Perezhogin, I could do the same with any other player.. simply Zhogy's one of my favorites.

As for last game's sudden Superman symptom; I remembered my gf and I just laughed out loud after Zhogy scored his goal against the Laffs.. the next few shifts, he tried so hard but blasted pucks like 5 feet wide... So after Perezhogin scored his 2nd goal I looked at my gf and told her it's going to be Superman time, we laughed.

The same thing happend last game. The shift after he scored (or the 2nd), Zhogy entered the zone and tried to pull a between the legs puck move and simply lost control of it.. how many times did you see Zhogy enter the zone and try a move like that? Next ****, he barley crossed the blue line and took " THE slapshot" which was about 3 feet wide... you never see him try that.

anyways...

Last edited by Slick Nick: 11-21-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old
11-21-2006, 02:27 AM
TomPlex

I'm a huge Perezhogin supporter. All I have to say is that last game he reminded me SO much of Mighty Max... hey, didn't he have a ****** start to his career too?

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 03:27 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
I'm not trying to discet every play of Perezhogin, I could do the same with any other player.. simply Zhogy's one of my favorites.

As for last game's sudden Superman symptom; I remembered my gf and I just laughed out loud after Zhogy scored his goal against the Laffs.. the next few shifts, he tried so hard but blasted pucks like 5 feet wide... So after Perezhogin scored his 2nd goal I looked at my gf and told her it's going to be Superman time, we laughed.

The same thing happend last game. The shift after he scored (or the 2nd), Zhogy entered the zone and tried to pull a between the legs puck move and simply lost control of it.. how many times did you see Zhogy enter the zone and try a move like that? Next ****, he barley crossed the blue line and took " THE slapshot" which was about 3 feet wide... you never see him try that.

anyways...
Good thing he's trying... too hard you say ? he could try even harder and I would still be happy...

Really, the skills are there, the effort too... as long as he keeps working hard and try to learn as much as he can... what more can we ask from him ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 05:40 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Good thing he's trying... too hard you say ? he could try even harder and I would still be happy...

Really, the skills are there, the effort too... as long as he keeps working hard and try to learn as much as he can... what more can we ask from him ?
Booyah...Perez is going to be awesome, only a matter of time before stuff starts going in

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote