HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Abby to Phoenix proposal

Old
11-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Subban Fan

vCash: 500
Abby to Phoenix proposal

What could we get from Phoenix for Abby...

According to Spector's...

"COYOTES TO HAVE NEW GOALIE BY WEDNESDAY?

ARIZONA REPUBLIC: Bob McMananan reports the Phoenix Coyotes continue to shop for a goaltender to share the load with starter Curtis Joseph. Backup David LeNeveu has "drawn the ire of coach Wayne Gretzky." McManaman writes that veteran forward Mike Ricci hopes to return to action on Wednesday when the Coyotes play the New Jersey Devils leading the reporter to speculate the club "might have itself at least one new goalie."

Spector's Note: If they're looking for help for Curtis Joseph that means seeking an affordable veteran backup. The Coyotes have been rumoured to be interested in Buffalo's Martin Biron, but his salary (over $2 million) doesn't fall into the affordable category at this time of season, plus he's once again filling in for an injured Ryan Miller. The Montreal Canadiens might be an option as David Aebischer ($1.9 million, of which nearly two months of salary has been paid out) appears relegated to backup duty behind Cristobal Huet. As for landing a netminder by Wednesday, well, we'll just have to wait and see on that one."

Subban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:42 AM
frederixx

Abby and a prospect for Nagy (Kostitsyn?).

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:44 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Does Nagy bring what we need? At this point is it not more of a center that we need?

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Does Nagy bring what we need? At this point is it not more of a center that we need?
Mike Comrie?

Edit: Nevermind...he is still out for a like a month.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Depends on what management wants...

If they want to keep Kovalev as a center, we need a top two winger so Nagy or Doan could be an option. Pheonix will at least lose one of them because they are both UFAs at the end of the year. But I don't know if the Coyotes would let one of them go.

They have Reinprecht who could be an option if we are looking for a center. He's not the best in the NHL but he would do a fine job.

Either way, we would have to give a prospect to land a good player but we our depht, we could do that. Anyways, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Latendresse and Higgins all showed that they are NHLer...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:49 AM
frederixx

Quote:
we always need good players... i'd love to see Nagy with Kovalev!

to answer your question, we do need a center, but if we're improving the team with a trade, we'll do it...

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
IMO, what we need before everything is someone to play with Kovalev and Samsonov...and that player can either be a center or a winger. Someone with a good chemistry with the two Russians...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
IMO, what we need before everything is someone to play with Kovalev and Samsonov...and that player can either be a center or a winger. Someone with a good chemistry with the two Russians...
It's pretty obvious that this two needs a big guy who will be park in front of the net for the garbage goal. Why not Shane Doan:"...****ing Frenchmen..." It's not what he told to the linesman last year

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:58 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I'd LOVE to have Nagy but that won't happen.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:59 AM
David_99

I would trade Abby for the rights to Gretzkys DNA. Bring it to Dr. Mulder's clone lab (aka the mens room behind section C) and 18 Years from now, we could have the next Sidney Crosby!

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:05 AM
e-e

well nagy wouldn't be cheep...i don't think abby would bring him to montreal...the other thing is he's been frustrated after arbitration last summer...he's an UFA at the end of this season...would you trade abby + something for a rental? i love nagy but i would wait a bit and try to get something else later for him.

i have no idea how we could land this guy but it would be the best if montreal would go after ryan smyth..that's all we need

e-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
I'd LOVE to have Nagy but that won't happen.
Probably not, but he will be traded. He is an UFA at the end of the year and Phoenix with ship him off. (Doan is the same way)

Old
11-21-2006, 09:08 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
The question then becomes who else do we move to make room under the cap to add Nagy? He makes about $1M more then Abby so we could likely add him in a straight trade but would leave little room at the deadline to add someone. I would love to see him here.

Last edited by beowulf: 11-21-2006 at 10:11 AM.
beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
The question then becomes who else do we move to make room under the cap to add Nagy? Is makes about $1M more then Abby so we could likely add him in a straight trade but would leave little room at the deadline to add someone. I would love to see him here.
No need to worry about the deadline if we got Nagy. He would our "deadline" pickup.

I do actually think Gainey will make at least one trade this season. Not sure what or for who, but I am confident he will.

Old
11-21-2006, 09:29 AM
RC51

Abby well maybe, but what the habs need would lead me to believe any trade between the Yotes and the Habs would involve more then ABBY. Switching out SAmsonov for Nagy somehow would be ok.
BUT, lurking in the backround is prospect Peter Mueller ( center), he's a good one but not for 2 years.
So ABBY+Samsonov+Kost for Nagy and Mueller sounds about right.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:35 AM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Abby well maybe, but what the habs need would lead me to believe any trade between the Yotes and the Habs would involve more then ABBY. Switching out SAmsonov for Nagy somehow would be ok.
BUT, lurking in the backround is prospect Peter Mueller ( center), he's a good one but not for 2 years.
So ABBY+Samsonov+Kost for Nagy and Mueller sounds about right.
Mueller won't be dealt. He is their future number one center. Comrie broke his toe on a shot block and should be back in a week or so. Nagy isn't available yet.
How about Morris for Abby straight up.

wheeler1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

With Kovy's injury, I don't think we could continue the centre experience, it may takes too much of work for him to overcome such injury and knowing his knees history, he'll be better on the wing.

That said, we then need a center, not a winger. Like Reinprecht, not too sure about Comrie, hope people who wanted to get rid of Ribeiro are not the same who's asking for Comrie, same type of guy, same type of player.....

I don't think we're good partners for trade, the only center I would be interested in are Peter Mueller, but should be untouchable or Martin Hanzal but we're talking in 2 or 3 years down the road, doesn't fill the need we have right now.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:42 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I would trade Abby for the rights to Gretzkys DNA. Bring it to Dr. Mulder's clone lab (aka the mens room behind section C) and 18 Years from now, we could have the next Sidney Crosby!
Are you implying that Crosby is Gretzky's illegitimate son? lol

11-21-2006, 09:43 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellerfan View Post
Mueller won't be dealt. He is their future number one center. Comrie broke his toe on a shot block and should be back in a week or so. Nagy isn't available yet.
Lord! why would the Habs need another goalie?
DANIS is way overdue to be the Habs backup.

You have to offer something to get ABBY.

Sorry, I thought you meant Morrison.
But having re-read your post, it's even worse.

Morris? what ? at 3.9 mil per? you have to be joking

Old
11-21-2006, 09:44 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellerfan View Post
Morris is terrible. Well not terrible in the sense that he's bad, but terrible considering he makes $4m/season. He's like a poor man's Souray.
As much as I love the guy, my nightmare is having two Souray's in our defense.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:48 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Morris is a defenseman.
edited my post

Old
11-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Artie

Trade Abby for their 1st round pick in the upcoming draft.

With the 2 picks you have a shot at drafting Angelo Esposito.

Solves many problems

He's a Quebec born, play making center.

Flawless....

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:59 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
Trade Abby for their 1st round pick in the upcoming draft.

With the 2 picks you have a shot at drafting Angelo Esposito.

Solves many problems

He's a Quebec born, play making center.

Flawless....
I actually like this idea. The best way to build is to build from within. Even if we have to throw in a lower pick to help the deal out, I love stockpiling picks, especially for pretty strong drafts (at least at the top) like this next one coming up.

I doubt that Phoenix would be willing to give their first pick up, but it's an idea that I like more than Morris for Aebischer.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Brett38

It was posted on the Phoenix board that Montreal would be one of about six teams that Phoenix would be interested in to aquire a goalie. Of course it would be Abby. Could we simply dump his salary for a draft pick(s) and bring up Danis? I think Abby's salary of 1.9mill is fairly reasonable especially since two months has already been paid.

I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:11 AM
lilooet*

I don't want Comrie. Nagy, perhaps; but his UFA status makes him unpalatable in my mind. I'd prefer Ballard maybe, but another D doesn't really help us at centre.

How about Ninimaa for Janet Gretzky. She could probably help us all with our Vcash.

lilooet* is offline   Reply With Quote