HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Nintendo Wii

Old
11-20-2006, 10:00 PM
MacHabs93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I wanna play with someone's wii!

Wait, did I just say that? OH GOD

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:

Consider me your playground.

Dutchy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 11:25 PM
deandebean

Maybe it's me being 40 years old, but I can't see the young video junkies, with baby fat around their waste, working their butt off playing sports with real intensity in the Wii for a long period of time. I mean, a employee of mine tried it this weekend, boxing. He got tired after 20-30 minutes of shadow boxing.

I wonder if this game won't fade out after people grow tired of mimicking a tennis match or a baseball game.

The fun of video games was to work your thumbs off, but that was it. Not very physical. This Wii stuff makes me wonder.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 01:58 AM
MacHabs93

And as a matter of fact, I just finished trying out all my new games, and my arm is sore as hell!

I think it's normal though, after over 3 hours of keeping your arm straight or moving it around, depending on the game...

Wii Sports is very cool! Excite truck is cool too, but needs getting used to... As Red Steel, the controls are very weird at first, but I have a feeling that once I get used to them, I will love this game ...

I also briefly tried Marvel Alliance and Monkey Ball and they were fun too, but I didn't try them enough to say more ... I just wanted to see how the nunchuk reflected in those 2 games...

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 02:14 AM
le_sean

Quote:

I guess you're just "buy-curious", eh?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 02:23 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I wonder if the gimmick of the new controller will last or if it will fade...I have a tough time beleiving that people will easily abandon the old methods of controlling video games.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 02:26 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Maybe it's me being 40 years old, but I can't see the young video junkies, with baby fat around their waste, working their butt off playing sports with real intensity in the Wii for a long period of time. I mean, a employee of mine tried it this weekend, boxing. He got tired after 20-30 minutes of shadow boxing.

I wonder if this game won't fade out after people grow tired of mimicking a tennis match or a baseball game.

The fun of video games was to work your thumbs off, but that was it. Not very physical. This Wii stuff makes me wonder.
I dread the moment when snotty nerds will be boasting that they don't need sports or excersize because they get a good workout playing Wii.

Old
11-21-2006, 08:47 AM
AD

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I guess you're just "buy-curious", eh?

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:06 AM
hendextall

I waited in line for 2 hours on Sunday, and got #18 out of 21 systems at Futureshop. Definately worth the wait though, I am having a great time so far.

Wii sports can get very tiring, if you play for a while and use full motions. But that is what makes it fun. It'll definitely be a great party game.

I'm very impressed with Zelda so far. Very epic story and a long game. I've put in 4 hours game time so far and it just keeps getting better.

Madden, the controls are great. But will take a while to get used to them. Offense is pretty easy to get, but tackling and defense is a bit tough.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendextall View Post
I waited in line for 2 hours on Sunday, and got #18 out of 21 systems at Futureshop. Definately worth the wait though, I am having a great time so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
So who else was crazy enough to pick one up? Waited in line today from 5:20AM to about 10:00AM but I got one...got in trouble when I got home but i think my GF has since forgiven me...she's not a video game fan but i played a few games with her and she seemed to have as much fun as I did....
Don't it make you want to ?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 01:32 PM
A1
Everything is awful

Got in line at Walmart in Lasalle at 4:30, was #23 in line for 54 systems. Played alot of Wii Sports on Sunday, didn't get a chance to touch zelda yet. Wii Sports is fun, but too basic, I want to play a real in depth sports game.

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 01:53 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I dread the moment when snotty nerds will be boasting that they don't need sports or excersize because they get a good workout playing Wii.
you have to remember that the Wii is targeted at non-gamers. Not true gamers.

Which they will hope will convert all the pundits into regular gamers as well.

If they make proper use of the controller, i dont see why it would fade. I mean this doesnt appear to be like the Power glove or anything...

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 03:17 PM
justicex

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post
you have to remember that the Wii is targeted at non-gamers. Not true gamers.

Which they will hope will convert all the pundits into regular gamers as well.

If they make proper use of the controller, i dont see why it would fade. I mean this doesnt appear to be like the Power glove or anything...
And since they are marketing it as a console "that will makes you move" well it might get an edge when the parents will buy a new console for their lazy kids.

justicex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Didn't play and im not interested one bit im a pc gamer, it's very expensive and obsolete after 2 years or so and the game are wayy too expensive like Freaky Habs fan said. At least on Pc you can upgrade it and games are easy to get for free.

Anyone saw South Park episode when Cartman can't wait for the Nitendo Wii ? It's pretty good
that makes no sense.

PC vid cards change every yr and cost 300-500 for a pretty good one. Consoles last forever, and eventually you get to download games for free and play them on it (The xbox360 is already cracked..and I have a ton of DVD-Rs sitting on my ps2.)

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Cariboux

Someone can tell me if Zelda is multilangage (english and french) ?

Cariboux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:32 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I shelled and bought one...Overpaid for it on eBay too. Now I feel stupid because I don't really want it.

Old
11-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Hossa08MVP*

I'm not getting a wii, because of the poor graphics compared to Xbox and PS3 and i know its going to have the least amount of games.

And I'm lazy

Hossa08MVP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 05:16 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

My roommate got one. To tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan. It isn't HD. This wreaks of Gamecube to me (i.e. a money pit for Nintendo). Xbox360 is gonna end up being a better product in the long run, unless Nintendo can convince more developers to release games on the Wii.

11-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Habsfan18

I want one really bad but it'll be impossible to get until after christmas

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 06:27 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
My roommate got one. To tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan. It isn't HD. This wreaks of Gamecube to me (i.e. a money pit for Nintendo). Xbox360 is gonna end up being a better product in the long run, unless Nintendo can convince more developers to release games on the Wii.
I don't think releasing games is a problem...there were 16 on launch...plus they released 8 "classic" games online....to boot there will be more games released, 12+ classic games a month, and it is backward compatible with the Gamecube....

Classic games are from NES, SNES, Sega, and Turbographix 16 so suddenly its the gaming system that has the most games....now i guess if you dont care about older games then perhaps it is not the system for you...as far as new games you should see some pretty innovative titles because of the controller/nukchuk....Nintendo has shown they arent scared of innovating with the DS and its games

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 06:30 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

lol I'm all about Classic games, but why would I buy a Wii, when I can play the actual classic games which I already own.

I dunno, I really shouldn't talk, because I don't much like console games anymore, but regardless I wasn't impressed with the Wii compared with the Xbox360 (which my roommate also owns).

Consoles are too expensive nowadays for the casual gamer like myself, who might play once a month.

Aside: Is there a new Mariokart game yet? Was there even one for DC?

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Sumhabs

Quote:
HD doesnt make games better at all. Gameplay is the key and the gameplay of the wii is juste awesome, by experience. I will buy it soon.

Sumhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Sumhabs

Quote:
lol I'm all about Classic games, but why would I buy a Wii, when I can play the actual classic games which I already own.

I dunno, I really shouldn't talk, because I don't much like console games anymore, but regardless I wasn't impressed with the Wii compared with the Xbox360 (which my roommate also owns).

Consoles are too expensive nowadays for the casual gamer like myself, who might play once a month.

Aside: Is there a new Mariokart game yet? Was there even one for DC?
Of course there will be a Mario kart on the wii. I can bet anything on this. Also I think your talking about the DS? Yes there is a mario kart on the DS, very cool game with free online to play vs anyone in the world.

Last edited by Sumhabs: 11-22-2006 at 09:16 PM.
Sumhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:14 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumhabs View Post
Of course there will be a Mario kart on the wii. I can bet anything on this. Alors I think your talking about the DS? Yes there is a mario kart on the DS, very cool game with free online to play vs anyone in the world.
Sorry I meant GC. That was one of the reasons I never picked a Gamecube up, because there wasn't a Mariokart game for quite a while.

Yeah the one for DS is awesome. If I was gonna buy a console it would either be a DS or a PSP.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I want one really bad but it'll be impossible to get until after christmas
Are you sure? From what I've heard, Nintendo did more units than Sony so there should be some more available in the near future.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote