HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paper Bag Revolution

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2006, 12:00 PM
  #26
ArchieIsGod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
Calm down. My point is that Snider has allready got his money for the tickets. You think he cares about fans with bags over their heads? I know the fans are ticked off, hell I am. I dont live in the Philly area so I guess its easy for me to say it wont accomplish anything. Its been done before, and it never accomplished anything besides get noticed by the local media. That is the point I was trying to make, sorry not everyone thinks its a good idea.
I was actually thinking about going to the Philly/Boston game later this year up in Boston. Not now. I refuse to plop down 95 bucks for the crap that will be on the ice that night.
yes he cares ALOT...if it were the sixers he wouldnt even see the fans but the flyers are his baby. he is just as much a fan as he is the owner

ArchieIsGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 12:07 PM
  #27
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
I don't think wearing hats is a statement against Snider, and I don't think he would take it as such. I'm pretty sure he would know that the bags are directed at the underachieving players on the ice. If anyone knows how loyal Flyers fans are, it is he. It really shouldn't be problem to be loyal and embarrassed at the same time.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 12:23 PM
  #28
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 35,994
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieIsGod View Post
yes he cares ALOT...if it were the sixers he wouldnt even see the fans but the flyers are his baby. he is just as much a fan as he is the owner
im sure he does care. but having bagheads will not make a differance on how he views things. IMO. dont you think he would notice if fans just started staying home instead of the wearing the paperbags he would notice more? I dont know maybe I am in the minority on this one.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 12:28 PM
  #29
ArchieIsGod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
im sure he does care. but having bagheads will not make a differance on how he views things. IMO. dont you think he would notice if fans just started staying home instead of the wearing the paperbags he would notice more? I dont know maybe I am in the minority on this one.
i was just challenging the statement that he wouldnt care, i dont think paper bags over your head has or will ever help a failing team.

Snider will make sure the efforts are being made behind the scenes to get a better product on the ice

ArchieIsGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 01:23 PM
  #30
FlyersFanJS
Registered User
 
FlyersFanJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hellertown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
Calm down. My point is that Snider has allready got his money for the tickets. You think he cares about fans with bags over their heads? I know the fans are ticked off, hell I am. I dont live in the Philly area so I guess its easy for me to say it wont accomplish anything. Its been done before, and it never accomplished anything besides get noticed by the local media. That is the point I was trying to make, sorry not everyone thinks its a good idea.
I was actually thinking about going to the Philly/Boston game later this year up in Boston. Not now. I refuse to plop down 95 bucks for the crap that will be on the ice that night.
YES!!! Snider is alot like Steinbrenner in that regard...he wants success and wins, not just money

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 01:30 PM
  #31
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 35,994
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieIsGod View Post
i was just challenging the statement that he wouldnt care, i dont think paper bags over your head has or will ever help a failing team.

Snider will make sure the efforts are being made behind the scenes to get a better product on the ice
allright i retract my statement a bit. maybe not saying he didnt care about the team, I think what I was trying to say was that staying home will make a bigger impact then going to the game with brown paper bags.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 02:06 PM
  #32
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,720
vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers75 View Post
It shouldn't be a statement against Ed Snider or the management so much as it is a statement against the players.
No, the statement would be TO Ed Snider AGAINST the players.


People can take their shots if they will, but Ed Snider would be much more infuriated if fans went to the game and put paper bags on their heads than if people simply just didn't go, and there won't be one person in the media or otherwise who would blame him.


The proper time for such a concerted effort would be the next national TV game at home, which isn't until February, so I think first game after the road trip would be best.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 08:43 PM
  #33
Miracle80
Registered User
 
Miracle80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Miracle80
For once I agree with GKJ....Paper bags don't only target one facet of the org, as fans we need to let them know how we feel about his debacle. I have not been to a game yet and I refuse to plunk down $100+ to witness this mess. I am actually punishing the Phantoms as well by not going to their games either until s*** gets straight. I can't take any more mediocraty(sp) and will not spend my hard earned money on it.

Miracle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 09:12 PM
  #34
GirouxisCannon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
i say go for it,when the brass see how pissed off the fans are then maybe they'll make the proper changes.

GirouxisCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:05 AM
  #35
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,720
vCash: 840
I think I'm going to shoot for next Wednesday vs. Nashville. As part of my personal frustration, I think tomorrow I'm actually going to root for Ottawa just so I'm not so bored at the game. Rally the troops, fire some people up. Might as well get my money's worth, I might even wear my own paper bag and paint 'FLYERS SEASON TICKET HOLDER' on it. If not, Black Friday will be too much of a pain due to the fact that I'm tailgating with a deep-fried turkey. Wednesday should be perfect provided that the Flyers don't win the next 3 games...

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.