HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Abby to Phoenix proposal

Old
11-21-2006, 10:15 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellerfan View Post
Mueller won't be dealt. He is their future number one center. Comrie broke his toe on a shot block and should be back in a week or so. Nagy isn't available yet.
How about Morris for Abby straight up.
Problem is we have to many dmen as is. If you want to take Ninimaa then sure

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:23 AM
wheeler1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Problem is we have to many dmen as is. If you want to take Ninimaa then sure
Be realistic! Abby is a backup and Morris is a top four d-man. By the way, Morris has played well.

wheeler1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:25 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellerfan View Post
Be realistic! Abby is a backup and Morris is a top four d-man. By the way, Morris has played well.
I meant on top of Abby!!!

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:45 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
It's pretty obvious that this two needs a big guy who will be park in front of the net for the garbage goal. Why not Shane Doan:"...****ing Frenchmen..." It's not what he told to the linesman last year
It wasn't Doan.

Doan has played C when PHoenix needed him to, but I don't think he's on the market. I believe he's having some back problems to.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Expecting to get the Yotes #1 pick, looking to be a top 5 or maybe 1st or 2nd overall for Aebisher is dreaming. You also won't get Mueller or Hanzal.

That said I can see a possible deal somewhere here and I believe that somewhere this year Nagy and Doan may both be available for the right price.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
VanNistelrooy

So, you prefer to trade Doan, even before a first pick ?

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AY View Post
Expecting to get the Yotes #1 pick, looking to be a top 5 or maybe 1st or 2nd overall for Aebisher is dreaming. You also won't get Mueller or Hanzal.

That said I can see a possible deal somewhere here and I believe that somewhere this year Nagy and Doan may both be available for the right price.
If both Nagy and Doan are UFA at the end of the year then I would assume both would be dealt. Phoenix isn't going to make the playoffs, so getting something for them is in their best interest.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
It wasn't Doan.
With all respect, yes it was.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
So, you prefer to trade Doan, even before a first pick ?
Doan is a UFA after the season and it doesn't sound like negotiations on an extension have gone that well. With that ****ing crazy contract the Yotes gave Jovo they can't afford to have that much cash tied up with Doan.

so yes, with the way it's looking that this team needs to go, rebuilding, I prefer the very high 1st rounder. And that makes me sad.

Old
11-21-2006, 10:58 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
With all respect, yes it was.
Doan denies it, he attempted to clear his name by taking action against Coderre for trying to make political hay at his expense. The story came out that there was indeed a slur made that was originally attributed to him but he did not make. The guilty party's name was released but I won't print it as I wasn't there.

Doan didn't mumble an apology, he came right out with an immediate denial, and everything in the man's record supports his honesty. I thought it had become pretty common knowledge that they 'got the wrong guy'.

Old
11-21-2006, 10:58 AM
mikeg

how about this...

kovalev (4.25Mil) + abby (1.9Mill) + prospect
for
doan (3.3Mil) and reinprecht (2Mil)

We are taking on more salary so I do not know if we have the space, but we will be getting rid of an underachiver and goalie that does not want to be here. Doan is UFA next year and Reinprecht is signed at 2 Mil through 2008/2009.

We basically will free up 2,25 Mill at the end of the season to do with as we will... and Reinprecht, if his past history is an indication, will be easy to trade if he does not fit.

mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Lestriker

Quote:
Doan denies it, he attempted to clear his name by taking action against Coderre for trying to make political hay at his expense. The story came out that there was indeed a slur made that was originally attributed to him but he did not make. The guilty party's name was released but I won't print it as I wasn't there.

Doan didn't mumble an apology, he came right out with an immediate denial, and everything in the man's record supports his honesty. I thought it had become pretty common knowledge that they 'got the wrong guy'.
Wow, that's well documented. Bring him on then!

Old
11-21-2006, 11:02 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Doan is a UFA after the season and it doesn't sound like negotiations on an extension have gone that well. With that ****ing crazy contract the Yotes gave Jovo they can't afford to have that much cash tied up with Doan.

so yes, with the way it's looking that this team needs to go, rebuilding, I prefer the very high 1st rounder. And that makes me sad.
We were discussing what deals LA might make yesterday and the same thing applies. You would think that Phoenix would be looking to 'go young'. They've filled the roster with vets though. So if they have changed the philosophy and are going to shed impending ufa's for futures, why shore up the goaltending. Esp. with a middle of the road starter like Aebi who's also an impending ufa ? I'm not sure some teams really have a clear idea about what they want to do.

Old
11-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
We were discussing what deals LA might make yesterday and the same thing applies. You would think that Phoenix would be looking to 'go young'. They've filled the roster with vets though. So if they have changed the philosophy and are going to shed impending ufa's for futures, why shore up the goaltending. Esp. with a middle of the road starter like Aebi who's also an impending ufa ? I'm not sure some teams really have a clear idea about what they want to do.
The problem is that the majority if not unanimous opinion of the the Coyotes fans on HF (all 15 of us) of what we'd like to see done, a rebuild, does not seem to even be a consideration for team management at this point. It just adds to the frustration.

Maybe over the next month or so as the team continues to sink further from a playoff spot.

Old
11-21-2006, 11:07 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Wow, that's well documented. Bring him on then!
RW, I'm not coming down on you because you honestly believed the original story and the subsequent media noise,but that's one of the things that drives me nuts these days.[ a short drive admittedly]. A story gets out there, true or not, it becomes fact. It turns out to be false and not every media outlet that ran with the story prints a retraction. It's not an English/French thing, it's a way of putting out news these days. A poster a few weeks back referred to Souray as a wifebeater.Most fans know the story, and how the incident came about. Some didn't read the whole story though and that's what they're left with.

This has been my 'what bugs me about the world today' rant for November 20 2006.

Old
11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
how about this...

kovalev (4.25Mil) + abby (1.9Mill) + prospect
for
doan (3.3Mil) and reinprecht (2Mil)

We are taking on more salary so I do not know if we have the space, but we will be getting rid of an underachiver and goalie that does not want to be here. Doan is UFA next year and Reinprecht is signed at 2 Mil through 2008/2009.

We basically will free up 2,25 Mill at the end of the season to do with as we will... and Reinprecht, if his past history is an indication, will be easy to trade if he does not fit.
Colossal overpayment for the Habs.

And Aebischer has said he wants to re-sign next year, so I'm not sure where you're getting the "he doesn't want to be here" stuff from.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:09 AM
mcphee

Quote:
The problem is that the majority if not unanimous opinion of the the Coyotes fans on HF (all 15 of us) of what we'd like to see done, a rebuild, does not seem to even be a consideration for team management at this point. It just adds to the frustration.

Maybe over the next month or so as the team continues to sink further from a playoff spot.
Hence the Nolan's and Roenick's of the world. Who's calling the shots ? Gretzky or Barnett ?

Old
11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Hence the Nolan's and Roenick's of the world. Who's calling the shots ? Gretzky or Barnett ?
Come on, do you really have to ask that? Its Gretzky of course.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
I'd disagree only in the fact that Roenick and Nolan were signed for cheap before the season when even I thought this team could be better and challenge. Things have obviously not worked out and now the signings don't look so good but are still cheap, and short.

As for who calls the shots, definitely Gretzky.

Old
11-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Lestriker

mcphee, I'm fine no worries.

I was at that game last year and from what I could see from section 412 (didn't hear anything mind you) Doan wasn't happy at all and we were all wondering what was happening.

Then it got out of proportion in the French media, they requested apologies and so on. I remember reading somewhere that Doan was a good catholic boy so he could not have told anything like that.

Anyway, was not even close to the Michael "Cosmo Kramer" Richards episode this w-e.

Old
11-21-2006, 11:39 AM
LePoche69

Phoenix is an interesting team to consider for many reasons.

Few weeks back, while I was analizing their roster, I was wondering if I was witnessing a phenom few teams create in baseball in recent years : perfectly knowing that the team isn't a playoffs contender, the GM stockpile the vets, then trade them at the deadline to stockpile prorpects and picks to fasten the re-build.

I'm not saying that it's the case, but it could be a possibility (or becomes one). I'm pretty sure that at the deadline, teams in contention may be interested in putting a Roenick or Nolan on a 3-4th line to add depth. Or a more important UFA presence like Jovo, Nagy, Doan... Take some of Phoenix young guns (like Ballard, for example), and add new prospects and picks in the next 2 years, and add 1 or 2 key FA signing and they could be back on track pretty quick.

On the other hand, I think that It could be someone else than Abby that could interest Phoenix. Joseph is still a good goalie but too old to goal 4 games out of 5. And Gretzky seems to have something against the actual backup, so it's maybe Danis that they would prefer. It would make sense for the habs too since Halak is showing talent and progression, and Price is coming. I wouldn't be surprise if Gainey trade Danis for a 4-5th round pick, which would be ok considering he's 26 (I think) and that he's struggling to stay the first goalie in Hamilton. If Halak has more upside, he needs to play.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:52 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I'd disagree only in the fact that Roenick and Nolan were signed for cheap before the season when even I thought this team could be better and challenge. Things have obviously not worked out and now the signings don't look so good but are still cheap, and short.

As for who calls the shots, definitely Gretzky.
Good point. Sometimes guys like this are only buying development time I guess.

Old
11-21-2006, 11:57 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Phoenix is an interesting team to consider for many reasons.

Few weeks back, while I was analizing their roster, I was wondering if I was witnessing a phenom few teams create in baseball in recent years : perfectly knowing that the team isn't a playoffs contender, the GM stockpile the vets, then trade them at the deadline to stockpile prorpects and picks to fasten the re-build.I'm not saying that it's the case, but it could be a possibility (or becomes one). I'm pretty sure that at the deadline, teams in contention may be interested in putting a Roenick or Nolan on a 3-4th line to add depth. Or a more important UFA presence like Jovo, Nagy, Doan... Take some of Phoenix young guns (like Ballard, for example), and add new prospects and picks in the next 2 years, and add 1 or 2 key FA signing and they could be back on track pretty quick.

On the other hand, I think that It could be someone else than Abby that could interest Phoenix. Joseph is still a good goalie but too old to goal 4 games out of 5. And Gretzky seems to have something against the actual backup, so it's maybe Danis that they would prefer. It would make sense for the habs too since Halak is showing talent and progression, and Price is coming. I wouldn't be surprise if Gainey trade Danis for a 4-5th round pick, which would be ok considering he's 26 (I think) and that he's struggling to stay the first goalie in Hamilton. If Halak has more upside, he needs to play.
That makes sense, I was thinking something along those lines when I was replying to AY. If the veteran ufa's gel quickly, they could ride out a year with them or hold a March firesale, it's no lose from that pov, I guess. I still get the feeling that Gretzky can't quite step comfortably into re-building mode though.

Old
11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
I still get the feeling that Gretzky can't quite step comfortably into re-building mode though.
Same here. I may be wrong, but Gretzky doesn't fit the mold of a teacher which is what you need in re-building.

As a matter of fact, except a bit for the early Sather, I don't think Gretzky has ever been coached by a coach who had to help a team develop. He rather always had vets around him as a player, and the pressure to win a cup. That's all he knows. I dunno why, but I can't imagine him teaching a rookie how to position himself in PK depending on the team he's facing.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
That makes sense, I was thinking something along those lines when I was replying to AY. If the veteran ufa's gel quickly, they could ride out a year with them or hold a March firesale, it's no lose from that pov, I guess. I still get the feeling that Gretzky can't quite step comfortably into re-building mode though.
BINGO.

This Yotes fan's biggest fear.