HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJC's

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2006, 11:22 PM
  #1
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,336
vCash: 500
WJC's

Only a month away from my favorite hockey tournament. Should be interesting to see what Hab prospects will be there. Price, Maxwell, Kostitsyn, Mikus, Valentenko I think will all be there. I don't know if White or Carle will get an invite to the final camp, the roster comes out december 4th but it would be good for them just to get the invite.

David Fischer should get some consideration for Team USA but they have some good depth on defense, especially with the two Johnson's.

Canada will face USA, Germany, Slovakia and Sweden in the first round. I hope we get to see Russia on tv as I hear Valentenko has a really good shot of making the team. Too bad we got Germany instead of Belarus, since we drafted Andrei I've become a huge fan of Belarus!

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 11:35 PM
  #2
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Only a month away from my favorite hockey tournament. Should be interesting to see what Hab prospects will be there. Price, Maxwell, Kostitsyn, Mikus, Valentenko I think will all be there. I don't know if White or Carle will get an invite to the final camp, the roster comes out december 4th but it would be good for them just to get the invite.

David Fischer should get some consideration for Team USA but they have some good depth on defense, especially with the two Johnson's.

Canada will face USA, Germany, Slovakia and Sweden in the first round. I hope we get to see Russia on tv as I hear Valentenko has a really good shot of making the team. Too bad we got Germany instead of Belarus, since we drafted Andrei I've become a huge fan of Belarus!
The WJC is my favourite hockey of the year.

For a lot of the kids going out that aren't projected to be NHL players, it's going to be their last big stage event in their careers.

BTW, I've watched the WJC for 10 or 11 years straight. Anyone notice that the level of intensity for the Canadian players has dropped a bit in modern WJC tournament in comparison to say, 9 or 10 years ago? The goal celebrations following a goal in 1995 or 1996 (could have been '96 or '97, can't quite remember) were something to watch.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 11:58 PM
  #3
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 500
Players celebration for team canada: will never forget at the 2002 wjc , scott upshall scored and went crazy and jump in the board and loss his stick in the stands that was priceless

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:10 AM
  #4
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,552
vCash: 500
Judging by the depth Canada has to choose from, I'd have to think it would be a shocker if White or Carle even got invited to camp. As for Maxwell... well, he might be our best non-Price hope to get an invite, but even still, it doesn't seem like very many folks are thinking of him as having much chance of being on the team. Next year might be more likely for both him and White (and Fischer too)...

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:30 AM
  #5
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 23,676
vCash: 1131
It's in Sweden this year, so get ready to sleep late or get up early!

My favourite hockeys memorys after the 93 cup were watching the Wjc live @ 4am.

http://www.worldjuniors2007.com/index_eng.htm

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:33 AM
  #6
Lestriker
Registered User
 
Lestriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Yeah hopefully Price will be the starter. He's having a decent year being top 10 in all categories (except shutouts) in Tri-City but nothing stellar either.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:41 AM
  #7
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,655
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Always fun to watch!!!

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:50 AM
  #8
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Yeah hopefully Price will be the starter. He's having a decent year being top 10 in all categories (except shutouts) in Tri-City but nothing stellar either.
My prediction is that he doesn't make the team. I think his "attitude" issue from last year remains a problem.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:51 AM
  #9
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,655
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
My prediction is that he doesn't make the team. I think his "attitude" issue from last year remains a problem.
Which is? I have not heard about it.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
  #10
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,654
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
My prediction is that he doesn't make the team. I think his "attitude" issue from last year remains a problem.
Though I don't think the attitude will have anything to do with that, his recent play makes me think Irving will be the starter, and Price will have to work hard to grab the backup spot. He's far from having a good stretch nowadays unfortunately....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:59 AM
  #11
terreur
Registered User
 
terreur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,740
vCash: 500
My favorite hockey of the year!

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
  #12
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
It's in Sweden this year, so get ready to sleep late or get up early!
Sleep late because it's in Sweden...? The broadcasts will normally be anywhere between 10am-2pm, in all likelyhood, and will certainly be replayed in prime time.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 02:39 PM
  #13
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
My prediction is that he doesn't make the team. I think his "attitude" issue from last year remains a problem.
There is no attitude problems. The only reason the attitude problem theory arose was because he didn't show up at an optional skate last year. Maybe he was feeling under the weather and felt a day of rest would be beneficial to his game.

He doesn't have any attitude problems.

BTW, does anyone know who will be coaching Canada this year? Is it Sutter?

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
  #14
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitso View Post
There is no attitude problems. The only reason the attitude problem theory arose was because he didn't show up at an optional skate last year. Maybe he was feeling under the weather and felt a day of rest would be beneficial to his game.

He doesn't have any attitude problems.

BTW, does anyone know who will be coaching Canada this year? Is it Sutter?
Absolutely it was. It was largely reported that he told Sutter that he doesn't skate on gamedays when he's scheduled to play.

Sutter than apprarently said "That's not how we work on this team, bye".

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 02:47 PM
  #15
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitso View Post
BTW, does anyone know who will be coaching Canada this year? Is it Sutter?
Craig Hartsburg. At least there is a bit of cleaning of the slate relative to the Price/Sutter track record, but I don't much doubt that nobody will forget last year for Price. He'll definitely need to be on his bestest behaviour, because if it comes down to choosing between equals, he has that one tiny historic glitch that others don't. (And it doesn't matter one iota if it was a "fair" glitch or not).

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 03:16 PM
  #16
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Only a month away from my favorite hockey tournament. Should be interesting to see what Hab prospects will be there. Price, Maxwell, Kostitsyn, Mikus, Valentenko I think will all be there. I don't know if White or Carle will get an invite to the final camp, the roster comes out december 4th but it would be good for them just to get the invite.

David Fischer should get some consideration for Team USA but they have some good depth on defense, especially with the two Johnson's.

Canada will face USA, Germany, Slovakia and Sweden in the first round. I hope we get to see Russia on tv as I hear Valentenko has a really good shot of making the team. Too bad we got Germany instead of Belarus, since we drafted Andrei I've become a huge fan of Belarus!
White could be there, but I highly doubt Carle could make it...... even Franson isn't sure to be there, so......

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 03:44 PM
  #17
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 23,676
vCash: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Sleep late because it's in Sweden...? The broadcasts will normally be anywhere between 10am-2pm, in all likelyhood, and will certainly be replayed in prime time.
Ill watch Canada's games live , most game are 19h/19h30 local time minus the Slovakia tilt on December 31 wich ill miss anyway. The broadcast you talk about are re-runs. So yes ill go the bed late or get up early for the games. Do as you wish.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 04:13 PM
  #18
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Ill watch Canada's games live , most game are 19h/19h30 local time minus the Slovakia tilt on December 31 wich ill miss anyway. The broadcast you talk about are re-runs. So yes ill go the bed late or get up early for the games. Do as you wish.
Not that it's a big deal, but this doesn't make sense. Sweden is 6-7 hours ahead of us (I forget which exactly), so since games will start either at 4pm or 7pm usually, the games will be at 10am-2pm in our timezone. So you shouldn't be staying up at all. These are not the re-runs.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 04:34 PM
  #19
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,115
vCash: 500
Canada will mostly play at 1:00-1:30 PM ET,

anyway, I don't have school during the WJC, so the time doesn't bother me at all

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 05:46 PM
  #20
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,860
vCash: 3907
Round Robin team CANADA games in eastern time:

December 26 vs Sweden: 12:30 PM
December 27 vs USA: 1:00 PM
December 29 vs Germany: 12:30 PM
December 31 vs Slovakia: 6:30 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?fid=4124



I cant wait for the tourney, love the emotion that the players put into each game. It's great hockey to watch over the holidays.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.