HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Cuts (28th: Dumont clears waivers)

Old
09-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
EVERYONE knows/knew that Leblanc was not going to make the Habs roster. Even the people complaining about "timing" admit to that.

Lets say that everyone knows that your hot girlfriend is about to cut you. Dump you and send you packing.

Would it really matter if she dumped you on Monday or let you have a mercy date on Friday and then dump you on Saturday? The end result is the same.
Lol, worst analogy ever. Habs are not dumping LL, they still own him. Your gf dumps you and it's over. No coming back.

But hey, why even invite all those prospects if we already know they ain't making the team. The point of having those kids here to see which one will make the team. It's a chance to evaluate where they currently are (that's right, currently, after a summer of training, not last season when they struggled or not for various reasons), to teach them new things, to give them things to work on when they go back to AHL/Jr, for them to earn experience and get a small taste of the big leagues.

If spots are available, then yea, having them around to fight for a spot is just another reason to add. But we have pretty much a set roster. Tinordi is about the only guy that is fighting for a spot.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2013, 11:47 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Your gf dumps you and it's over. No coming back.
You must be the worst bf ever if that's the case. Every g/f that has dumped me, took me back.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 12:53 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
You must be the worst bf ever if that's the case. Every g/f that has dumped me, took me back.
So, how many girlfriends do you have right now??

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 01:07 AM
LLoyd Christmas I

Bergevin says the best players on the ice will start. As in, he's talking in the present tense.

=!

Therrien says LL is cut because of his past performance.

LLoyd Christmas I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 06:29 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd Christmas I View Post
Bergevin says the best players on the ice will start. As in, he's talking in the present tense.

=!

Therrien says LL is cut because of his past performance.
Does anyone honestly think LL played good enough to be on the team?
LOL if that is the case.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 07:48 AM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
LOL if that is the case.
And how has Desharnais done?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:03 AM
IceDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
LOL if that is the case.
I dont think it mattered how well he played. There is simply no room in the top 9 for him right now and it is better for his develpment to have him in the top 6 in hamilton instead of playing 5 minutes a night in montreal.

The problem for me was why cut him so soon. Thats the part I dont get.....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
The point of having those kids here to see which one will make the team. 1)It's a chance to evaluate where they currently are (that's right, currently, after a summer of training, not last season when they struggled or not for various reasons), 2)to teach them new things, 3) to give them things to work on when they go back to AHL/Jr,4) for them to earn experience and get a small taste of the big leagues.
Your own reasons for inviting prospects to camp dictates that Leblanc should have gone down.

Let's start with reason 4. Leblanc has already played in the N. He has got a small taste. Scratch this reason.

Reason 3. They gave Leblanc a list at the end of last season. He obviously has shown some improvement but not enough for the Habs management team.

Reason 2. What new things could they teach Leblanc in one or two more exhibition games that they haven't already tried to teach him. It's best he goes down to the A and works on what they have already told him. If a student hasn't learned the basics of addition, subtraction, division & multiplication do you really want to start teaching him trigonometry?

Reason 1. They did evaluate him and found that he needed more time in the A. Maybe it wasn't his on ice performance. Maybe it was more his attitude. Maybe they want to bring out the warrior in Leblanc. All we know of him this year is one scrimmage and one exhibition game. The staff have seen more of him than we have on & off the ice.

This is not a Gainey and/or Gauthier management team. Until Bergevin pulls bone head moves like those two winners, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:20 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Considerably better, in comparison...

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:42 AM
DogsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Considerably better, in comparison...
Agreed. DD is atleast an NHL level player. LL is not. His skating still needs work. He still stumbles when trying to accelerate quickly.. which means he loses lots of races. I just don't understand why everyone thinks that LL is done since he didn't make the team out of camp. There are no spots for him. He won't play 4th line minutes, so let him force Bergevin to do something by playing well in the AHL.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:54 AM
LeMAD

People in here give way too much importance to the training camp when evaluating prospects.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
People in here give way too much importance to the training camp when evaluating prospects.
Yah because Gallagher and Galchenyuk didn't make the team due to their training camp/pre season

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Habs

Quote:
Lol, worst analogy ever. Habs are not dumping LL, they still own him. Your gf dumps you and it's over. No coming back.
I always lived by the policy that if I couldn't have them, nobody could.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
So, how many girlfriends do you have right now??
LOL. Nothing like getting dumped multiple times. I'd compare it more to the gf saying "get your feces coagulated or I'll dump you."

Lots of folks on here don't understand what sending a message means.....not overly complicated.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:26 AM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Yah because Gallagher and Galchenyuk didn't make the team due to their training camp/pre season
Which is exactly why we should stop fretting about sending Leblanc down. This team has, for the past decade or so at least, done a reasonable job of developing its prospects. Sure, we trade some away in bad trades, and Price might have been rushed, but lets look at the team as we expect it to be this season. Price, Diaz, Emelin, Markov, (Norris Trophy winner) Subban, Desharnais, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, White, Pacioretty and Gallagher were all drafted and developed by this organization. Bouillon has been around the block a few times, but Frank the Tank came up that way too. Eller wasn't drafted by us, but he had 7 NHL games under his belt when he arrived. That's 60% of our roster filled with guys that the team is mostly responsible for shepherding. About the same as on any of the top teams (Chicago had 11 guys they drafted play more than 20 games for them last season).

The team made their choice about Leblanc for good reason. We might not agree with it, but given their track record (even recently - see Gallagher and Galchenyuk) the amount of dissent amongst the masses is unwarranted.

idk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:27 AM
EveryDay

Emelin est sur la glace en survêtement et patine

Emelin on the ice again this morning, very good news if you ask me!

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:32 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Emelin est sur la glace en survêtement et patine

Emelin on the ice again this morning, very good news if you ask me!
Let's celebrate!!

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Apparently Drewiske out for 4 weeks with shoulder injury according to Habs twitter. Looks more and more like Tinordi starts the year with the Habs.

Markov - Subban/Diaz
Gorges - Diaz/Subban
Boullion - Tinordi

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Seb
Michel Therrien

vCash: 50
Season hasn't even begun and we already have a shtload of injuries.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 26s

#Habs have recalled Darren Dietz, who was cut Monday night, to help on D during preseason
Can LL play defense?

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Hullois
Suck it Trebek

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
No they didn't, they only had 7 days of camp and no pre season. They made it because of AHL performance for Gallagher and OHL/World juniors performance for Galchenyuk.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 10:01 AM
EveryDay

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 19 min
Francis Bouillon will not be practicing today - day-to-day with a lower body injury.

Old
09-19-2013, 10:02 AM
EveryDay

Yay!!! we might see the defence I want from the start!!!!!

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Murray-Diaz

Old
09-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Your own reasons for inviting prospects to camp dictates that Leblanc should have gone down.

Let's start with reason 4. Leblanc has already played in the N. He has got a small taste. Scratch this reason.

Reason 3. They gave Leblanc a list at the end of last season. He obviously has shown some improvement but not enough for the Habs management team.

Reason 2. What new things could they teach Leblanc in one or two more exhibition games that they haven't already tried to teach him. It's best he goes down to the A and works on what they have already told him. If a student hasn't learned the basics of addition, subtraction, division & multiplication do you really want to start teaching him trigonometry?

Reason 1. They did evaluate him and found that he needed more time in the A. Maybe it wasn't his on ice performance. Maybe it was more his attitude. Maybe they want to bring out the warrior in Leblanc. All we know of him this year is one scrimmage and one exhibition game. The staff have seen more of him than we have on & off the ice.

This is not a Gainey and/or Gauthier management team. Until Bergevin pulls bone head moves like those two winners, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Reason 4: it's not because he already played in the NHL under a different system and team, that its all good, he doesn't need it. That's absurd.

Reason 3: how would you know? According to LL and his gf, he did everything they asked him to do.

Reason 2: one or two more exhibition games means 4-5 extra days here. You work with him, and why exactly do you think the reason he was sent down was because he couldn't keep up anymore and he would be having a hard time moving forward in camp? So many assumptions based off your own speculations.

Reason 1: So what you are saying is that you have no clue why he was sent down. Maybe this, maybe that, or maybe this too. Great.

MB has already done bonehead moves, I wouldn't call this one another one but I don't have blind faith, so whatever I feel is strange, I'll question.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Adriatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Yay!!! we might see the defence I want from the start!!!!!

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Murray-Diaz
You're just asking for trouble putting Tinordi with Subban. Too many minutes and too much responsibility when Subban starts flying around. I love Tinordi and I really think he will develop into a player that would be a perfect partner for Subban in the future but I wouldn't just throw him to the wolves like that, still too raw.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote