HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2013, 10:17 AM
  #51
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Room for Tinordi, I like it.
Yeah , sucks some of our D are going down but i REALLY wanted Tinordi to start the season in MTL , and its looking like it just might be the case now

Redux91 is online now  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:18 AM
  #52
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.
 
thaivuN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 518
Injured defensemen left and right... Must be Tinordi's plan to make the team


thaivuN is online now  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:21 AM
  #53
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Dietz back up! Good! I want to see him play a couple more games.

Tyson is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:25 AM
  #54
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
So you guys want to have Tinordi warming the bench up?

You overestimate the kid, and underestimate the potential consequences.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:27 AM
  #55
JLP
чудесный Монреаль
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
Hope Drew's okay, but not a fan of Habs creating defensive depth from below instead of above. Can someone please knock Bouillon and Diaz down the depth chart? My preference Tinordi > Pateryn > Murray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
So you guys want to have Tinordi warming the bench up? You overestimate the kid, and underestimate the potential consequences.
I'd want Bouillon warming the bench or sitting cozily in the press box.

Go Habs Go !

JLP is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:31 AM
  #56
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
Murray is a tough strong guy, but his skating is soooo bad. His footwork is really weak. We need a Murray but who could skate somewhat. He's going to get beat a bunch of times. The only thing I like about him is he can clear the crease and let price see the puck. It's way too late to train and teach him how to skate though lol
I don't know what people imagined here.

Did you guys think he was a dynamo of some kind with his physical attributes? Have you ever watched him play elsewhere? His speed has never been a strength of his, and I for one expecting that. His strength and ability to clear the crease is as good as it gets, though. You won't see him losing a single one-on-one battle along the boards, and as soon as a guy is in front of him, he won't be able to get past him. The only vulnerabilities he's got is whenever there's a quick counter-attack on his flank, but even them, he can close the gap with good anticipation and stick work.

This guy is everything we got with Gill, + physicality.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:31 AM
  #57
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Beaulieu-Boullion-Drewiske-Murray all injured...the year hasn't started yet lolol.
It's NHL training camps, normal for players to have a few bumps and bruises. Unlike reg season or playoffs they don't push it if they are hurt.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:33 AM
  #58
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Hope Drew's okay, but not a fan of Habs creating defensive depth from below instead of above. Can someone please knock Bouillon and Diaz down the depth chart? My preference Tinordi > Pateryn > Murray.



I'd want Bouillon warming the bench or sitting cozily in the press box.

Go Habs Go !
Of course, your preference is Tinordi > Pateryn > Murray. You were singing the apocalypse after a preseason loss with less than 10 regulars dressed.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:33 AM
  #59
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
So you guys want to have Tinordi warming the bench up?

You overestimate the kid, and underestimate the potential consequences.
I disagree. Tinordi plays a safe, simple game and held his own when called up. Couple that with what appears to be improved skating and added bulk and I see no way how he is not ready.

Tyson is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:35 AM
  #60
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,769
vCash: 500
I don't have problems with Tinordi being in the press box from time to time

With injuries occuring all the time I'd be very happy with a rotation of Murray/Bouillon/Tinordi, keeping the three of them even when Emelin is back

Gorges Subban
Emelin Markov
Diaz Murray/Bouillon/Tinordi

solid

Ceux de Montreal is online now  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:36 AM
  #61
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,608
vCash: 500
I am also in the camp that Tinordi should be on the team. He's looked great.

Andy is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:37 AM
  #62
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,431
vCash: 500
Smart of MB to have so much depth on defense for injuries like this.

Looks like Tinordi will start the season in Montreal too.

sharks9 is online now  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:37 AM
  #63
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
I disagree. Tinordi plays a safe, simple game and held his own when called up. Couple that with what appears to be improved skating and added bulk and I see no way how he is not ready.
The guy was at least 50% less effective in his second game. You guys spend too much time analyzing the tools, and not enough on analyzing the toolbox to put it all together. What's worst in this is that, some here that are advocating to keep Tinordi in the NHL are still whining about Price coming in this league too quickly.

Guys of Tinordi's size and style aren't generally even ready for the big show before 23-24 years old, minus some exception. The kid is 21.

For what it's worth, Tinordi is not even the most impressive rookie out there on D. It would be Pateryn.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:38 AM
  #64
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
I don't have problems with Tinordi being in the press box from time to time

With injuries occuring all the time I'd be very happy with a rotation of Murray/Bouillon/Tinordi, keeping the three of them even when Emelin is back

Gorges Subban
Emelin Markov
Diaz Murray/Bouillon/Tinordi

solid
I do. Big time. That's not what you need when you're a 21 years old D-man.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:38 AM
  #65
impudent_lowlife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Japan
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Murray is at best a 7th defenseman... except he's never been used as such his entire NHL career... and that is, while playing for two very good teams.

Think that out, and try again.
Murray's 2012-13 stats show that he has a lot of trouble getting the puck out of his zone. In order not to hurt the Habs too much, he should sit in the press box.

impudent_lowlife is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:41 AM
  #66
xposbrad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
I don't know what people imagined here.

Did you guys think he was a dynamo of some kind with his physical attributes? Have you ever watched him play elsewhere? His speed has never been a strength of his, and I for one expecting that. His strength and ability to clear the crease is as good as it gets, though. You won't see him losing a single one-on-one battle along the boards, and as soon as a guy is in front of him, he won't be able to get past him. The only vulnerabilities he's got is whenever there's a quick counter-attack on his flank, but even them, he can close the gap with good anticipation and stick work.

This guy is everything we got with Gill, + physicality.
No one ever said he's the worst dman in the world. I was just criticizing his major weakness which is a pretty big one. I'm not saying we shouldn't have him on the team, we definitely need a guy like him. Just like Diaz is majorly flawed, in that he isn't no where near as physical as Murray and can't clear the crease.

xposbrad is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:41 AM
  #67
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,257
vCash: 500
Tinordi needs to be in lineup.

Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Diaz

Hannibal is online now  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:43 AM
  #68
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,855
vCash: 500
And so it begins.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:43 AM
  #69
InAG-P
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
and now we know why Bergevin is obsessed with having depth...already paying off.

InAG-P is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:43 AM
  #70
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Tinordi needs to be in lineup.

Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Diaz
I like it. When Emelin comes back I'd like to see

Markov Emelin
Gorges Subban
Tinordi Diaz

Andy is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:46 AM
  #71
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
Murray's 2012-13 stats show that he has a lot of trouble getting the puck out of his zone. In order not to hurt the Habs too much, he should sit in the press box.
Oh... another micro-stats lover... Great.
Keep studying those, I'll keep looking at the on-ice play.

People here sometimes, lol.

1. Douglas Murray is not an NHL d-man, according to micro-stats
2. Microstats are good, several teams, like the Sharks, use them a lot in their evaluation.
3. Sharks kept using Murray in a decent role despite those "stats".
4. Following this logic, I can say that Murray is a bad d-man.

Something is flawed there
Keep suggesting what you want. Defensive d-men spend more time in their zone. That's why those ridiculous stats claim Scuderi is a bad d-man also.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:46 AM
  #72
FrontierPsyCHiatrist
Master Pleks
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,736
vCash: 500
If Subban gets injured, I will cry!!!

FrontierPsyCHiatrist is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:46 AM
  #73
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I like it. When Emelin comes back I'd like to see

Markov Emelin
Gorges Subban
Tinordi Diaz
Tinordi - Diaz

Good ****ing luck. I'm happy you're not the coach. Tinordi having all defensive responsibilities of his pairing would be atrocious for his developement at the point he's at.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:49 AM
  #74
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Tinordi - Diaz

Good ****ing luck. I'm happy you're not the coach. Tinordi having all defensive responsibilities of his pairing would be atrocious for his developement at the point he's at.
It's unfortunate you feel that way because you're wrong. Diaz's defensive game is a lot better than what you portray it as. Considering the amount of ice-time he received pre-injury, the head coach tends to agree.

Andy is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:50 AM
  #75
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It's unfortunate you feel that way because you're wrong. Diaz's defensive game is a lot better than what you portray it as. Considering the amount of ice-time he received pre-injury, the head coach tends to agree.
i agree with you, and not higgsbozon


Last edited by Samkow: 09-19-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Don't flame.
saints96 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.