HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Cuts (28th: Dumont clears waivers)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2013, 02:52 PM
  #426
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: hong kong
Posts: 32,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Some didn't like PK handled right up until he won the Norris, so, with apologies to the experts, the Canadiens have won that round.
Not sure how they won that round. Just because PK is awesome and a professional through and through doesn't mean the Habs played it right.
And just because PK won the Norris doesn't mean Therrien was right in using him on a bottom pair with Bouillon and on the 2nd PP pairing up until Diaz got injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Blunden is still here because, if Gionta can't start the season, he's likely going to be the 4th line option with Prust moving up to the 2nd. Which is in line with your "closest to the NHL" argument that follows below - Blunden is closest to staying with the team, so he stays. Not complicated.
Is that so? Because rumors were saying Thomas is the one that would take Gionta's spot. I tend to agree with the fact that if you lose a goal scorer, you don't replace him with a grinder. Moving Prust up could be an option, but what if it doesn't work?
Hence me saying keeping someone that should be close to the NHL (and after seeing him in camp, there's no reason to think LL isn't close) a little longer would be good. You try different combinations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Your false assumption here is that Leblanc is close to the NHL. He's not. At least, not any more close than the names you've mentioned so far.
How so? Because he had a bad season? Since when did people stop giving 2nd chances to prospects (or to anybody for that matter)?
If you base yourself on this preseason, well none of the others have outperformed LL. That at least shouldn't have earned him an early cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Please, "wasting away a prospect" because we sent him down on day 6 of camp instead of day 13 or whatever is just an absurd argument.
Well, if that's all there was to it, yes I agree it would be absurd. Except that's not all the story. We know he had a rough year, we know he had differences with his coach, we know his ice time and role wasn't what he wanted, we know habs gave him things he needed to work on during the summer, apparently he did just that, he comes into camp looking bigger, more physical and aggressive, winning battles, looks to be one of our fastest skaters, plays a good scrimmage and exhibition game, then is sent down because they apparently already know him and want to work with other guys instead. That's why I feel management isn't really high on LL.
But yes, you can forget all this and just focus on ''cut him on day 6 instead of 13'' if you want..

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 03:04 PM
  #427
Sorinth
Registered User
 
Sorinth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
The way i see it, in regards to Leblanc, is that preseason is more about the coaching staff than about the players, and what i mean by that is that this is their assessment period. They've already assessed Leblanc now over 2-3 training camps (not sure how many but you get the point) and they'd seen enough after the intrasquad scrimmages and the exhibition game to know that he will start in the AHL. For others like McCarron for instance, it's completely different, it's their first time seeing him against NHlers, and want a longer look if they see something interesting. Everyone's focusing too much on the players and their feelings, but really the training camp is about maximizing how much the coaches can learn about their players.
Well since the coaching staff and GM were completely new last year they didn't have 2-3 training camps to evaluate him. They had last years shortened camp, and I'm not even sure he was invited to that one due to his injury.


Last edited by Sorinth: 09-19-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 03:11 PM
  #428
BrimStone64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,615
vCash: 500
Leblanc played most of last year injured why he never did well. Surely Habs know this. Leblanc didn't get an invite to the rookie camp and at main camp, in scrimmage, he only got to play with rookie linesmate, yet everyone said Leblanc was having a very good camp.

Then he gets one pre-season game, with 4th liners, he gets a point, 4 hits, 2 shots on goal, and he gets cut...smells like he is done here to me.

I don't buy the sending him down "for his own good"... Especially when you take into consideration that Leblanc is going in a mine field in Hamilton, as coach Lefebvre has shown a much better ability to completely destroy Leblanc's game and confidence, rather than the opposite. Gallagher played better up here away from SL. As did Dumont.

Quite frankly I don't remember a first round choice getting so little opportunity "to make it". Leblanc must be wishing that he had been the one traded to NY instead of Kristo...

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 03:20 PM
  #429
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
So if we go into your basement we'll find all your girlfriends chained to the wall.
Just the ones who resisted me.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 03:33 PM
  #430
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Just the ones who resisted me.
How do you manage to find that kind of room?

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 03:51 PM
  #431
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No, we should trade DD because he sucks. But that isn't how it works because there seems to be an unwritten law that DD must always get top wingers and PP time despite being useless.

I agree with the handling of LL. DD, not so much.
Once again, the obsession with size on here is sad and pathetic.

DD plays with top wingers because he's shown he can feed them and they score. The numbers speak for themselves.

He's put up 88 points the last two years, how many centers have topped that? If there are 20 or 25 in the whole entire NHL, that's about it...

Not only that but Pacioretty has scored 48 goals in 123 games those 2 years.

Sometimes this fanbase...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 03:56 PM
  #432
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Once again, the obsession with size on here is sad and pathetic.

DD plays with top wingers because he's shown he can feed them and they score. The numbers speak for themselves.

He's put up 88 points the last two years, how many centers have topped that? If there are 20 or 25 in the whole entire NHL, that's about it...

Not only that but Pacioretty has scored 48 goals in 123 games those 2 years.

Sometimes this fanbase...

We have three(4?) centers that are better in EVERY aspect of the game... This is the obsession, no one really cares about size, it's when small becomes a redundant word that we care. No one wins with DD playing with the prime wingers. No one wins with DD, Briere, Plekanec, Gionta and Gallagher in the top 6.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:10 PM
  #433
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
How do you manage to find that kind of room?
lol ... sad but true.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:14 PM
  #434
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Leblanc played most of last year injured why he never did well. Surely Habs know this. Leblanc didn't get an invite to the rookie camp and at main camp, in scrimmage, he only got to play with rookie linesmate, yet everyone said Leblanc was having a very good camp.

Then he gets one pre-season game, with 4th liners, he gets a point, 4 hits, 2 shots on goal, and he gets cut...smells like he is done here to me.

I don't buy the sending him down "for his own good"... Especially when you take into consideration that Leblanc is going in a mine field in Hamilton, as coach Lefebvre has shown a much better ability to completely destroy Leblanc's game and confidence, rather than the opposite. Gallagher played better up here away from SL. As did Dumont.

Quite frankly I don't remember a first round choice getting so little opportunity "to make it". Leblanc must be wishing that he had been the one traded to NY instead of Kristo...

I was pretty confused at first...but the way they explained it it makes a lot more sense I guess. After a crap year, they want him down there with 100% focus on Hamilton. Last year maybe he was distracted by the lock out, the injury then not being invited to camp...so this year he has no excuses, plus he looks a lot better. Had a strong game last weekend even with grinders.

I don't see where Lefebre will ruin him, didn't like some of his line combos, but they were a bit stuck after Geoffrion got hurt and Palushaj got claimed they had very little in terms of veterans on offense, hence the St.Pierre Tarnasky Blunden Chaput Schiestel Chouinard.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:17 PM
  #435
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 34,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
We have three(4?) centers that are better in EVERY aspect of the game... This is the obsession, no one really cares about size, it's when small becomes a redundant word that we care. No one wins with DD playing with the prime wingers. No one wins with DD, Briere, Plekanec, Gionta and Gallagher in the top 6.
Yet the team finished what, 4th overall last year? They would have had a nice playoff run had injuries and goaltending not derailed the season.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:20 PM
  #436
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Well if there is a rash of injuries to forwards (3-4) then there is a chance he makes it. But regardless if we're cutting everyone who has no chance of making it why are Collberg, MacCarron, Tarnasky, etc... still with the team. Everyone knows they are not going to make the Habs roster.

As for your analogy, the difference between Monday and Friday is that it actually gives you a chance to change her mind. If you win the lottery on Wednesday, she'll probably not dump you. Not too mention if you go out on Friday with a hot girl, it will raise your value in the eyes of other women who see you on a date with a hot girl, so when you do breakup you'll be sought after. Not too mention you're more likely to get breakup sex on a Friday night then on a Monday

In the end it's not even about Leblanc it's about giving everyone a fair chance. Leblanc didn't get a fair chance. And honestly it seems a bit systematic with some players getting preferential treatment compared to others.
Well, at least we can safely say that Leblanc wasn't discriminated against because he has French roots. So who were the ones who received systematic "preferential" treatment?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:20 PM
  #437
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Is Fucale guaranteed to go to the AHL? I didn't pay much attention to that situation after he signed his ELC but I assumed he'd go back to the Q and Mayer and Tokarski would battle it out in Hamilton.
Condon?

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:25 PM
  #438
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
In the end it's not even about Leblanc it's about giving everyone a fair chance. Leblanc didn't get a fair chance. And honestly it seems a bit systematic with some players getting preferential treatment compared to others.
If anyone is looking for conspiracy theories they just need to come here. This thread is full of them... it's great entertainment.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:31 PM
  #439
WeThreeKings
Retired.
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,923
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Once again, the obsession with size on here is sad and pathetic.

DD plays with top wingers because he's shown he can feed them and they score. The numbers speak for themselves.

He's put up 88 points the last two years, how many centers have topped that? If there are 20 or 25 in the whole entire NHL, that's about it...

Not only that but Pacioretty has scored 48 goals in 123 games those 2 years.

Sometimes this fanbase...
Where in my post do I mention DD's size?

If we want to get into his size.. we could just create a montage of DD's inability to win puck and board battles. However, that would be torture that I wouldn't dish out to my worst enemy.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:32 PM
  #440
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Once again, the obsession with size on here is sad and pathetic.

DD plays with top wingers because he's shown he can feed them and they score. The numbers speak for themselves.

He's put up 88 points the last two years, how many centers have topped that? If there are 20 or 25 in the whole entire NHL, that's about it...

Not only that but Pacioretty has scored 48 goals in 123 games those 2 years.

Sometimes this fanbase...
You're assuming that DD "made" those wings. Could it be that he put up those 88 points because he had the highest scoring wings on the Habs and played on the first PP unit?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:37 PM
  #441
WeThreeKings
Retired.
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,923
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You're assuming that DD "made" those wings. Could it be that he put up those 88 points because he had the highest scoring wings on the Habs and played on the first PP unit?
Well, I wouldn't say he got those points because of the powerplay considering he managed a huge 7 pts on the PP despite 138 minutes on the powerplay. Meaning it took Desharnais nearly 20 minutes on the PP to accumulate a point.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:43 PM
  #442
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st
 
Habsfan2992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
We have three(4?) centers that are better in EVERY aspect of the game... This is the obsession, no one really cares about size, it's when small becomes a redundant word that we care. No one wins with DD playing with the prime wingers. No one wins with DD, Briere, Plekanec, Gionta and Gallagher in the top 6.
And how could you possibly know that? By watching 1 pre season game with Briere? Can you predict the chemistry that he will have with any line mates? And Gallagher with one softmore season under his belt? Give your head a shake and the team a chance to gel. The year before last..(Last place) Last year??? < any idea what place they finished in?? To me in your eyes we should trade everyone on the team and have a pile of NFL linebackers protecting price and maybe fire a few Hail marys at the opposing net.
Too many people here whine about any little thing the can nit pick at without giving the team a chance under new management

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:50 PM
  #443
habsfanatics*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,017
vCash: 500
Not a big issue for me, but I think it shows a bad/mixed message when performance during camp is completely disregarded. Other than that, LL had no shot anyways.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:51 PM
  #444
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 20,946
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Well, I wouldn't say he got those points because of the powerplay considering he managed a huge 7 pts on the PP despite 138 minutes on the powerplay. Meaning it took Desharnais nearly 20 minutes on the PP to accumulate a point.


I'm mad just reading that. I feel like - barring a crazy, unexpected surge in production from Eller, and the Gallys - this will be a lost season.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:51 PM
  #445
EveryDay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Tomorrow lineup:

Formation des Canadiens vendredi face aux Hurricanes de la Caroline

30 – BUDAJ
35 – TOKARSKI

24 – TINORDI
26 – GORGES
36 – NYGREN
64 – PATERYN
76 – SUBBAN
84 – DIETZ

8 – PRUST
25 – McCARRON
27 – GALCHENYUK
37 – DUMONT
38 – COLLBERG
45 – BLUNDEN
49 – BOURNIVAL
51 – DESHARNAIS
60 – THOMAS
67 – PACIORETTY
72 – TARNASKY
82 – HOLLAND

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:01 PM
  #446
Sorinth
Registered User
 
Sorinth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Well, at least we can safely say that Leblanc wasn't discriminated against because he has French roots. So who were the ones who received systematic "preferential" treatment?
I wouldn't use the term discriminated, it's more a case of being close-minded. They form an opinion on a player and it takes heaven and earth for them to change it. PK and Eller are prime examples of that. Contrast that with how guys like Desharnais & Bouillon get treated.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:15 PM
  #447
EveryDay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Tomorrow lineup:

Formation des Canadiens vendredi face aux Hurricanes de la Caroline

30 BUDAJ
35 TOKARSKI

24 TINORDI
26 GORGES
36 NYGREN
64 PATERYN
76 SUBBAN
84 DIETZ

8 PRUST
25 McCARRON
27 GALCHENYUK
37 DUMONT
38 COLLBERG
45 BLUNDEN
49 BOURNIVAL
51 DESHARNAIS
60 THOMAS
67 PACIORETTY
72 TARNASKY
82 HOLLAND
I'll take a stab at this lineup...

Patches-DD-McCarron
Bournival-Galchenyuk-Collberg
Prust-Holland-Thomas
Blunden-Dumont-Tarnasky

Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Pateryn
Dietz-Nygren

Budaj
Tokarski

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:17 PM
  #448
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Tomorrow lineup:

Formation des Canadiens vendredi face aux Hurricanes de la Caroline

30 BUDAJ
35 TOKARSKI

24 TINORDI
26 GORGES
36 NYGREN
64 PATERYN
76 SUBBAN
84 DIETZ

8 PRUST
25 McCARRON
27 GALCHENYUK
37 DUMONT
38 COLLBERG
45 BLUNDEN
49 BOURNIVAL
51 DESHARNAIS
60 THOMAS
67 PACIORETTY
72 TARNASKY
82 HOLLAND
Galchenyuk at center for this one then?

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:19 PM
  #449
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
I'll take a stab at this lineup...

Patches-DD-McCarron
Bournival-Galchenyuk-Collberg
Prust-Holland-Thomas
Blunden-Dumont-Tarnasky

Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Pateryn
Dietz-Nygren

Budaj
Tokarski
I'm willing to bet that Thomas gets to play of the top line or the second. Ahead of McCarron and Goalberg anyways.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:23 PM
  #450
WeThreeKings
Retired.
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,923
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post


I'm mad just reading that. I feel like - barring a crazy, unexpected surge in production from Eller, and the Gallys - this will be a lost season.
Here's something better..

Eller had 5 power play points (2 less than DD)
He played 32 minutes on the powerplay..

Meaning it took DD 106 minutes to score 2 more points on the PP than Lars Eller.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.