HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Championat.com User Comments Never Load?

Old
09-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Championat.com User Comments Never Load?

Is this happening to anyone else? I never had these problems last season. For weeks now, no matter which article I open on championat.com, sample:

http://www.championat.com/hockey/new...mobilistu.html

... the user comments below articles never get displayed. (I'm on an iPad.) You only get the error message:

Quote:
Ошибка связи с Фанат.ru. Обновите страницу.
Of course, reloading the page doesn't help at all. It's been like this for weeks now.

It's bad enough that no Russian-language hockey message boards seem to exist, but now Championat.com discussions don't work either.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Is this happening to anyone else? I never had these problems last season. For weeks now, no matter which article I open on championat.com, sample:

... the user comments below articles never get displayed. (I'm on an iPad.) You only get the error message:

Of course, reloading the page doesn't help at all. It's been like this for weeks now.

It's bad enough that no Russian-language hockey message boards seem to exist, but now Championat.com discussions don't work either.
I used to have the same problem, but one day it was resolved somehow. It's all about fanat.ru. They even restrict the number of comments daily alowed for those who isn't registered in social networks. I'd suggest to use allhockey.ru instead. It's a pure hockey site with more hockey fans and better quality information.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 12:23 PM
kiluj

Quote:

do you speak Russian? I also recommend allhockey.ru.

kiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
It's all about fanat.ru. They even restrict the number of comments daily alowed for those who isn't registered in social networks.
I know it's about fanat.ru, but refusing to even display user comments is ridiculous. It's like the 1990s, the Stone Age of the Internet. I didn't want to post anything, just to casually look at what people have been talking about.

Championat.com seems worse compared to last season, too -- pages load more slowly, they seem overladen with advertisements... Just bad web design overall. Not a good official media partner for the KHL to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiluj View Post
do you speak Russian? I also recommend allhockey.ru.
I know about allhockey.ru, it's a good site. I guess I'll have to ignore Championat.com from now on. (I can read Russian without any problems, but writing, speaking, or understanding quickly spoken word is more difficult.)

Old
09-20-2013, 03:38 AM
doctorgreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
I used to have the same problem, but one day it was resolved somehow.
The same thing happened to me. May be you should... wait? =))

doctorgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 03:52 AM
Faterson

Yeah... like maybe... wait for 5 years, 10 years? When it comes to web design, it appears that the folks from Fanat.ru / Championat.com still live in about 1997 today, so... it might take a few years/decades for them to catch up with the rest of the planet.

Old
09-20-2013, 07:01 AM
doctorgreg

Quote:
Yeah... like maybe... wait for 5 years, 10 years? When it comes to web design, it appears that the folks from Fanat.ru / Championat.com still live in about 1997 today, so... it might take a few years/decades for them to catch up with the rest of the planet.
Unfortunatly, you are right. I was mad too when I had that issue.

doctorgreg is offline   Reply With Quote