HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Duchene Signs 5yr, 30M extension.

Old
07-20-2013, 12:17 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I, for one, am against the Avs trading their captain. I may be alone in this, but I'm very firm in that opinion.
I don't know, he keeps getting older, I feel like we need to give it to [insert name of shiny new toy here].

The Oilers may have changed up their leadership positions, but the Avs are in a different situation. Most of their leaders are still relatively young.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Freudian
Regress to meanness

vCash: 50
I don't think Avs brought in Tanguay for his leadership qualities. He's just a skill/possession upgrade on Jones.

The team belongs to the young core.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Sheet

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
As much as I like Tanguay, I agree. There's many guys I could give A or C before Tanguay. Duchene, EJ, Stastny, ROR, Landeskog, Giguere etc. These guys come before Tanguay ATM.
Goalies cant be captains otherwise id wholeheartedly agree with giggy being one.

Sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:19 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheet View Post
Goalies cant be captains otherwise id wholeheartedly agree with giggy being one.
When did that rule change?

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Sheet

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
Like half a century ago?

"Prior to the 1948–49 season, the NHL made a change to the rules, prohibiting goalies from being captains or alternate captains. This was in response to complaints from opponents of the Montreal Canadiens, who complained that Durnan left his crease to argue with the referee at strategic points during games, resulting in unscheduled timeouts. This rule is sometimes referred to as the "Durnan Rule".[30]
Although the Canucks appointed Roberto Luongo as its team captain for the 2008–09 and 2009–10 seasons, since he could not be his team's official on-ice captain, Willie Mitchell acted as the official on-ice captain, serving as liaison to the officials, and Henrik Sedin and Mattias Ohlund performed ceremonial aspects of the position such as pre-game faceoffs."

Dater didnt know this either.

Sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Yeah the nucks tried that with Luongo , at first they wanted to put a C on his jersey but they were braking the rule stated on the post above by Sheet. So their only solution was was that silly C on his mask .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Nihiliste

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
The Canucks called Luongo their captain but it was a farce.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 11:53 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
As for the C and A's...I see no reason to change the C...Landeskog was ok and will grow into it. Personally, I was shocked a little when he got it ahead of some others but was no where close to outraged over it either. As for the A's...it's tough to determine who should have them when your entire draft and trade philosophy revolves around obtaining players with high character. There are many players who "deserve" the A. I know the letters are supposed to mean the player is ok to approach the on-ice official and ask for clarification or question a call. However, it is rare for an official to penalize a non-lettered player for communicating with him unless the player is being abusive. So...with that said, I still prefer to spread it out and not have multiple letters on the same line. Given that Roy seams to want to go with Landeskog and Stastny on one line and Duchene and ROR on another, I'd probably give one A to either Duchene or ROR and the second to EJ. I like having a dman wearing one but that's just a preference. As for what other teams have done....I'd rather not follow in recent footstep of either Edmonton or Vancouver. Both teams have not won a cup in a long time and are exactly run very well.

Getting back on topic, since this is my first post in this thread...I love the deal for both the team and Duchene. I'm getting very excited and looking forward to the season getting under way. I miss hockey.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:43 AM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
The Canucks called Luongo their captain but it was a farce.
Worked out well for them in Cup Finals.

niwotsblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
As for the C and A's...I see no reason to change the C...Landeskog was ok and will grow into it. Personally, I was shocked a little when he got it ahead of some others but was no where close to outraged over it either. As for the A's...it's tough to determine who should have them when your entire draft and trade philosophy revolves around obtaining players with high character. There are many players who "deserve" the A. I know the letters are supposed to mean the player is ok to approach the on-ice official and ask for clarification or question a call. However, it is rare for an official to penalize a non-lettered player for communicating with him unless the player is being abusive. So...with that said, I still prefer to spread it out and not have multiple letters on the same line. Given that Roy seams to want to go with Landeskog and Stastny on one line and Duchene and ROR on another, I'd probably give one A to either Duchene or ROR and the second to EJ. I like having a dman wearing one but that's just a preference. As for what other teams have done....I'd rather not follow in recent footstep of either Edmonton or Vancouver. Both teams have not won a cup in a long time and are exactly run very well.

Getting back on topic, since this is my first post in this thread...I love the deal for both the team and Duchene. I'm getting very excited and looking forward to the season getting under way. I miss hockey.
Who else should have gotten the C over Landeskog? O'Reilly wasn't even close to signing a new deal, Duchene didn't seem like he was ready for it, Johnson couldn't even handle the A. No one was ready for the C except for Landeskog.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I think Sakic sees a lot of himself in Lando. Maybe a different playing style, but Lando is really never going to say anything wrong to the media. He's one of those guys who really is able to keep his emotions in check at all times.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 12:03 PM
FrostyBear21
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I think Sakic sees a lot of himself in Lando. Maybe a different playing style, but Lando is really never going to say anything wrong to the media. He's one of those guys who really is able to keep his emotions in check at all times.
Not to mention Landy can step up and dominate a game. Maybe not the same way Super Joe could, but Landy definitely has the ability to step up if he needs to.

FrostyBear21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Colorado Avalanche

I'm feeling very good about this deal. I think this could be huge bargain for Colorado. Even Gagner and Little got almost 5 million per year, not to mention Duchene has way better ceiling. I love this deal.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 05:23 AM
Colorado Avalanche

This deal will be great bargain. IMO. Gotta love Duchene.

In couple years it will be similar to Tavares contract now.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 07:01 AM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
This deal will be great bargain. IMO. Gotta love Duchene.

In couple years it will be similar to Tavares contract now.
I completely agree. Especially since Nuge is getting the same. In a few years just think about how much of a bargain JT's contract will be lol. It's already hands down the best contract in the league. Just wait until the top players are making 10 per.

kento19 is online now   Reply With Quote