HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton training camp roster

Old
09-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

vCash: 500
Hamilton training camp roster

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox...article_id=445
Many interesting names on this list : Macenaueur, Aliu, McIver, Jeremy Price etc.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:43 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Akim Aliu?

They still value character, right?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:46 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Aliu is interesting.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Akim Aliu?

They still value character, right?
Sometimes, people grow up.

I remember when Aliu was drafted. A headcase, but with size and skills. Who knows...

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Patty Roy

I'm assuming Bergevin has some history with Aliu dating back to their Chicago days?

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Dagistitsyn

Who needs McCarron to develop when we have Akim in our system now.

Future GOAT Powerforward

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:29 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox...article_id=445
Many interesting names on this list : Macenaueur, Aliu, McIver, Jeremy Price etc.
You're right. There are some very interesting names on that list. When you add in the cuts from the Canadiens that are still to come, this roster looks a lot better than what the team had last year.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
this guy looks high

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Always thought the Ducks had a steal with Macenauer....I guess not. But his injury in his draft year and his great playoffs, let me believed he would be very good and ended up a great pick for Anaheim.

Dogs are clearly interviewing for the Goon job...with Aliu, Wilson. Happy to see Laliberté being invited...was a fan of his in his Q days. For me, Chad Wiseman is a good invitation. Not sure what he has left, didn't exactly follow him, but type of Alex Henry vet leadership he could bring. Not sure if he still skates though and CLEARLY on his way down and close to retirement....but still a nice invite anyway. Bruess seems to be fine for...the ECHL.

On D, really happy to see Durepos there. Durepos who, for me, was the Q version of Josh Gorges. Totally under the radar, but keeps the plays simple. Cianfrini, will be on his way to his next destination, Wheeling. McIver is a nice name to see, a vet for the backend. Nobody knows who Jeremy Price is? Really? And you say you know your hockey? Bunch of losers....by the way...I have no ****ING IDEA who he is too....Coming from Colgate, he surely has a nice smile.

In the end, pretty intriguing list. And we have to add all the others who will surely join in soon....Can't wait to see what they do. Can't wait to see how, for the depth, will join Wheeling after.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post

Future GOAT Powerforward

The guy looks wasted RIGHT there!

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Nathan McIver is definitely a goon type player. 287 minutes last year with Bridgeport.

Between Ailu and McIver, I can see the Dogs getting another enforcer. Just Tarnasky isn't enough.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 06:07 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post

Future GOAT Powerforward

Did he do Geico commercials

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Grant McCagg

The invite I like the most is Price. Scouted him a number of times in his draft year when he played for Nepean in the CJHL. I'm surprised the Canuck gave up on him before his first pro training camp. Not overly big or gifted, but decent skills, decent passer, and smart. I had him rated as an early third round pick in his draft year. Put up decent numbers in college too.

Macenauer has always battled the injury bug. Jesus Aliu...that one's a head scratcher..deviated from the character mantra with that one.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Loving Aliu gettinga chance. Kid has some potential. Perhaps being with the Habs organization will fix him being a headcase.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:48 PM
DJ Breadman

I always liked akim maybe he is a late bloomer, maybe someone can get through to this guy

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Chad Wiseman... that name rings a bell too.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:20 PM
LLoyd Christmas I

vCash: 134
Some intense competition down in Hamilton this year. Should make for a much more interesting season.

LLoyd Christmas I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:28 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
I'm assuming Bergevin has some history with Aliu dating back to their Chicago days?
Dudley

Dudley also brought him to Atl when he took over as GM there, in the Big Buff trade.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
I always liked akim maybe he is a late bloomer, maybe someone can get through to this guy
You always liked him eh.... Did you see the CHL Top Prospects Game in 2007 and then go into a cocoon? He was a star in that game....and hasn't done anything of note since other than be renowned for not getting along with teammates/coaches, and underachieving. In four pro seasons his highest AHL goal total is 11...and he's had several stints in the ECHL.

Aliu is one of the few OHL players to be traded on three occasions before the age of 20, mainly because of off-ice incidents. Not noted for his character.... Hamilton is his 13th different team in the past 7 years. I suppose 24 is a good age to start growing up...hopefully for his sake he's starting to get it.

Bergy and Duds both had them in their organizations...so there is some history.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 09:42 PM
ChoseLa

If he becomes more serious and is willing to fight more he could become a NHL fourth liner with the kind of contributions Travis Moen has had over his career.

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
If he becomes more serious and is willing to fight more he could become a NHL fourth liner with the kind of contributions Travis Moen has had over his career.
Moen has pretty good hockey sense and is very adept at closing off passing lanes. I have not seen any evidence of common sense let alone hockey sense from Aliu.

I suspect Aliu has a medical condition that affects his decisions and life choices. It is very sad to see people with so much potential undermined by mental illness. Hopefully the kid gets his life together and is able to be happy. I have dealt with many individuals with these issues and he has always seemed like an obvious victim of one of these debilitating afflictions.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Always thought the Ducks had a steal with Macenauer....I guess not. But his injury in his draft year and his great playoffs, let me believed he would be very good and ended up a great pick for Anaheim.

Dogs are clearly interviewing for the Goon job...with Aliu, Wilson. Happy to see Laliberté being invited...was a fan of his in his Q days. For me, Chad Wiseman is a good invitation. Not sure what he has left, didn't exactly follow him, but type of Alex Henry vet leadership he could bring. Not sure if he still skates though and CLEARLY on his way down and close to retirement....but still a nice invite anyway. Bruess seems to be fine for...the ECHL.

On D, really happy to see Durepos there. Durepos who, for me, was the Q version of Josh Gorges. Totally under the radar, but keeps the plays simple. Cianfrini, will be on his way to his next destination, Wheeling. McIver is a nice name to see, a vet for the backend. Nobody knows who Jeremy Price is? Really? And you say you know your hockey? Bunch of losers....by the way...I have no ****ING IDEA who he is too....Coming from Colgate, he surely has a nice smile.

In the end, pretty intriguing list. And we have to add all the others who will surely join in soon....Can't wait to see what they do. Can't wait to see how, for the depth, will join Wheeling after.
I'd basically trade our list of AHL contracts (aside from Duffy and Macaulay) for our list of invitees. Would you rather have McIver, J.Price and Durepos or Schiestel, Grassi and Chouinard? The answer seems clear to me...

Honestly, I can't be too critical because some players became available later in the summer (ex : Price) while some others lowered their expectation near training camp.

It's really hard to project who could potentially make the team. There might one or two spots available in Hamilton's bottom 6. However, I can't really declare a front-runner since most of the players invited have very different skillset.

Also, it seems like there won't be much room for Belzile. Hopefully, he'll accept a two-way AHL/ECHL deal.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 06:47 AM
mrinsane

Leblanc to ECHL maybe. Seriously Dogs need some toughness Aliu is your man

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 07:26 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Aliu is definitely gonna stick. He sucked in the AHL before and he won't change.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
The invite I like the most is Price. Scouted him a number of times in his draft year when he played for Nepean in the CJHL. I'm surprised the Canuck gave up on him before his first pro training camp. Not overly big or gifted, but decent skills, decent passer, and smart. I had him rated as an early third round pick in his draft year. Put up decent numbers in college too.

Macenauer has always battled the injury bug. Jesus Aliu...that one's a head scratcher..deviated from the character mantra with that one.
Jeremy Price is yet another young (22-years old) right-side PMD. Are the Habs trying to collect every single one in the world?

Diaz, Nygren, Dietz, Bennett, Ellis and Thrower all fit this profile: right-shooting, offensive-minded d-men. With he exception of Diaz who is older and NHL caliber, they are all approximately the same age.

Add Pateryn, Didier and Sullivan--young blue-liners who also shoot right--and you think the Habs might look for something else.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote