HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Vs Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Old
09-20-2013, 10:33 AM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

vCash: 500
RNH's contract is atrocious. Yes there is potential, but the guy hardly proved anything.

PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Adriatic

Richer is untouchable!

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 11:09 AM
coolasprICE

ryant nugent hopkins?

is that some new ben n jerry's flavour?

coolasprICE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 01:15 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfsFTW View Post
RNH's contract is atrocious. Yes there is potential, but the guy hardly proved anything.
Hockey wise? He's proven a ton. Have you watched him play?

Injury-wise, there's some risk.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Hockey wise? He's proven a ton. Have you watched him play?

Injury-wise, there's some risk.
Please, 4 goals in 40 game is terrible! And we all know the assists will come easily with the talent they have on the wings.

Backstrom had to rack up a 100 pts in his 3rd season before getting 6.7.

Once a team on the brink of moving, the Oilers are now ****ing up the salary structure of the league with hostile offers (Penner) and contracts based on potential.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Please, 4 goals in 40 game is terrible! And we all know the assists will come easily with the talent they have on the wings.

Backstrom had to rack up a 100 pts in his 3rd season before getting 6.7.

Once a team on the brink of moving, the Oilers are now ****ing up the salary structure of the league with hostile offers (Penner) and contracts based on potential.
The guy actually played a lot better than his stats suggested last year. He got ripped off on a goal by the refs on the first game of the year and it kind of set the tone for everything. He's a wicked, wicked player.

That said, I think the contract is crazy right now. 5 mil for 25? Sure. 6 year for 30? Okay. But 7 years at 42 was unnecessary. I don't see that guy turning down 5 for 25 and if he does then go the bridge route. The contract could easily be a bargain, but it's too early in his career to make that kind of commitment in my opinion.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
The guy actually played a lot better than his stats suggested last year. He got ripped off on a goal by the refs on the first game of the year and it kind of set the tone for everything. He's a wicked, wicked player.

That said, I think the contract is crazy right now. 5 mil for 25? Sure. 6 year for 30? Okay. But 7 years at 42 was unnecessary. I don't see that guy turning down 5 for 25 and if he does then go the bridge route. The contract could easily be a bargain, but it's too early in his career to make that kind of commitment in my opinion.
I watched a lot of RNH last season and he wasn't very good. This was solely due to his bad shoulder which continues to be a problem for him. Hopefully surgery will permanently correct the problem but the Oilers and their Mickey Mouse management team took an unwise gamble in signing him to this contract.

The reason for the 7 year deal is so that Hall, Eberle and RNH's contracts would expire in consecutive seasons and the team would not have to negotiate with two of them simultaneously. Under this structure the options would have been 4 years which wouldn't eat any UFA eligibility or 7 years which would bite into multiple UFA eligibilities.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Aside from both players having top line potential, I dont see them being very comparable players, either in build or playing style.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote