HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Would You Rather - 1 Game at MSG vs Season Tickets in FLA

Old
09-19-2013, 11:40 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
The guy keeps saying he'll have a story to tell forever, but for real that's a pretty lame story. So you paid for tickets in a different city, what's so special about that?

I do think it's funny that he landed the Panther exec's seats and was able to name drop him when he got there

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I'd take the seasons easily. I'd take seasons anywhere over 5 games at MSG. Season tickets are awesome and the perks that come with them at most places are 100% worth it.
I'm assuming you live in NYC and are a NYR fan??

If so, Vancouver season tickets are going to be REAL useful for you.

Realistically, someone who lives in NYC and is a NYR fan that gets season tickets to another team that requires a flight to get to the arena is only going to use 1 or 2 of those tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
The guy keeps saying he'll have a story to tell forever, but for real that's a pretty lame story. So you paid for tickets in a different city, what's so special about that?

I do think it's funny that he landed the Panther exec's seats and was able to name drop him when he got there
He probably used his media connections to get those tix. Doubtful he got them on the basis of being someone who paid the team 170 bucks.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 05:31 PM
JimboA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Honestly, probably MSG.
I dare anyone to make it through this entire video without laughing.

I made it to 0:09

JimboA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 06:50 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Wow what an awesome story. By the end of it I expected the guy to say he was moving to Florida.

....and to think, Seattle is a A LOT closer!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 07:59 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
I'm assuming you live in NYC and are a NYR fan??

If so, Vancouver season tickets are going to be REAL useful for you.

Realistically, someone who lives in NYC and is a NYR fan that gets season tickets to another team that requires a flight to get to the arena is only going to use 1 or 2 of those tickets.
I hadn't read the article yet. I thought the question was would you rather go to (1) game at MSG or own Florida season tickets (if you lived nearby). Obviously season tickets.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 12:27 PM
RegalRangers

I loved it, but mostly because it was a glimpse into a world I'm completely unfamiliar with: An unpopular NHL franchise. If I had to move to a city and I could watch NHL hockey from great seats for dirt cheap, I'd definitely start rooting for that team in all matters that didn't concern the Rangers and I'd be at most of the games.

Unfortunately the Kings got good just as I moved to LA so I missed out on a similar (but not quite so extreme) experience here. Even with the Kings having recently won a cup and being in contention this year I was still able to get great lower bowl seats for the season opener against the Rangers for $118 per seat on stubhub. Similar seats for the MSG opener against the Habs are $170 at the cheapest.

Also, what's up with the bridge tickets to the opener going for $230?! That's a lot of money to be among the first group of people to be able to definitively declare that seeing a game from the bridges sucks.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 01:06 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
I loved it, but mostly because it was a glimpse into a world I'm completely unfamiliar with: An unpopular NHL franchise. If I had to move to a city and I could watch NHL hockey from great seats for dirt cheap, I'd definitely start rooting for that team in all matters that didn't concern the Rangers and I'd be at most of the games.

Unfortunately the Kings got good just as I moved to LA so I missed out on a similar (but not quite so extreme) experience here. Even with the Kings having recently won a cup and being in contention this year I was still able to get great lower bowl seats for the season opener against the Rangers for $118 per seat on stubhub. Similar seats for the MSG opener against the Habs are $170 at the cheapest.

Also, what's up with the bridge tickets to the opener going for $230?! That's a lot of money to be among the first group of people to be able to definitively declare that seeing a game from the bridges sucks.
That's actually a low markup compared to what other seats are going for. Face is ~$150, so at $230 we're only talking 50%. I can get 100% over face on mine easy.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 01:38 PM
RegalRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
That's actually a low markup compared to what other seats are going for. Face is ~$150, so at $230 we're only talking 50%. I can get 100% over face on mine easy.
I guess I'd just expect the markup to be even lower. Would you rather spend $200 (updated price) to sit in section 101 row 17, or $230 to watch the game from the rafters? Weird.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Would take season tickets
Put them on stubhub
????
Profit, more games at MSG

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 11:51 PM
McDunna with Fries

Just read this piece... I agree... so pretentious.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2013, 09:08 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
I guess I'd just expect the markup to be even lower. Would you rather spend $200 (updated price) to sit in section 101 row 17, or $230 to watch the game from the rafters? Weird.
Honestly I'd probably take the rafters. Those 101 seats are cramped, have a terrible viewing angle and are on the wrong end of the rink.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote