HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

projected season line-up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-20-2013, 03:11 PM
  #1
Kamus
Registered User
 
Kamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
projected season line-up

what is the kings projected season line-up

Kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 03:23 PM
  #2
Fishhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
I'm guessing this is for fantasy reasons. Didn't we used to have a sticky for that?

No one knows for sure, but if I had to guess, Carcillo is going to get top line minutes next to Kopitar and Carter. Shultz is all but guaranteed to be paired with Doughty for the top defensive pair. I would avoid Dustin Brown, he hasn't scored any points at all this preseason.

Happy drafting!

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 03:28 PM
  #3
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,087
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamus View Post
what is the kings projected season line-up
Nobody knows(the trouble I've seen)
Nobody knows (but Jesus)

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 03:48 PM
  #4
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
I'm guessing this is for fantasy reasons. Didn't we used to have a sticky for that?

No one knows for sure, but if I had to guess, Carcillo is going to get top line minutes next to Kopitar and Carter. Shultz is all but guaranteed to be paired with Doughty for the top defensive pair. I would avoid Dustin Brown, he hasn't scored any points at all this preseason.

Happy drafting!
You have old information. The Kings have announced they are going to pull a Brett Burns this season and put Alec Martinez on the first line with Kopi and Carter!

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 04:40 PM
  #5
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,918
vCash: 500
I keep posting it but get crucified for not including Toffoli even though he has been invisible in the pre-season and there is not much room for him...

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Frattin-Richards-Carter
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis
King-Fraser-Nolan

Extra: Carcillo

Doughty-Regehr
Mitchell-Voynov
Greene-Muzzin

Extra: Martinez, Ellerby.

Schultz waived.

That is 23 players right there. Unless Lombardi wants to lose players to waivers or makes trades, this is how it will play out. They will probably risk sending down Kozun so they can keep 2 extra D in case WM doesn't hold up.

Sutter stated that he was leaning toward 8D and also mentioned Toffoli starting in the AHL.

1 of King, Carcillo, or Fraser have to be waived or traded for 1 of TT or Andreoff to make the team. Plus Toffoli's salary is larger than most of the Kings bottom six except Stoll, Lewis and Clifford. Frattin makes less than TT also.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 05:27 PM
  #6
DaAnimal
Registered User
 
DaAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I keep posting it but get crucified for not including Toffoli even though he has been invisible in the pre-season and there is not much room for him...

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Frattin-Richards-Carter
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis
King-Fraser-Nolan

Extra: Carcillo

Doughty-Regehr
Mitchell-Voynov
Greene-Muzzin

Extra: Martinez, Ellerby.

Schultz waived.

That is 23 players right there. Unless Lombardi wants to lose players to waivers or makes trades, this is how it will play out. They will probably risk sending down Kozun so they can keep 2 extra D in case WM doesn't hold up.

Sutter stated that he was leaning toward 8D and also mentioned Toffoli starting in the AHL.

1 of King, Carcillo, or Fraser have to be waived or traded for 1 of TT or Andreoff to make the team. Plus Toffoli's salary is larger than most of the Kings bottom six except Stoll, Lewis and Clifford. Frattin makes less than TT also.
I don't mind if TT isn't in the lineup but I'm very certain that he will make it to the club and he will play with Richards and Carts in the second line.

I'm just super excited for the next 5 years because as our players age, our young group of talents (thanks to Deano and his staff) will become better and better, as long as they stay positive.

We are still one of the youngest teams in the NHL. Imagine if an east coast team had our organization, we'd be more popular than the leafs

Can't wait for Hockey to start.


Last edited by DaAnimal: 09-20-2013 at 05:32 PM.
DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 05:28 PM
  #7
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,087
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post

Can't wait for Hockey to start.

That makes three of us

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 05:32 PM
  #8
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,918
vCash: 500
Frattin has the 2nd line LW spot. It's been widely discussed in the media. Frattin has been playing with Richards-Carter in practice and during pre-season.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 05:50 PM
  #9
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
That makes three of us
Your schizophrenia is acting up again. And so is yours.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 06:31 PM
  #10
dman3474
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
drop fraser, and start the season with either andy andy or vey there. worst case neither can hack it and lewis plays 4th line C and toffoli kozun or sabourin plays on that wing

dman3474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 08:32 PM
  #11
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman3474 View Post
drop fraser, and start the season with either andy andy or vey there. worst case neither can hack it and lewis plays 4th line C and toffoli kozun or sabourin plays on that wing
Is this in Manchester? Cause there is 0% chance 4 rookie forwards make the Kings in AA, Vey, Kozun, and Sabourin (who doesn't even have an NHL contract yet...)

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2013, 08:55 PM
  #12
bk20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
TT will see his share of shifts, that much you can be sure of. I also expect to see Carcillo & Shultz getting their share. Not much of a change on offense. Btw, I cant wait either!

KINGS FOREVER

bk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 12:30 PM
  #13
dman3474
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Is this in Manchester? Cause there is 0% chance 4 rookie forwards make the Kings in AA, Vey, Kozun, and Sabourin (who doesn't even have an NHL contract yet...)
All of them could be sent back and forth to MCH besides Kozun, and yes Sabourin doesnt have a pro contract yet but if he keeps impressing I dont see why he wouldnt get one

dman3474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2013, 01:31 PM
  #14
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,355
vCash: 500
im fine with keeping Andy up and sending Fraser down or a waiver loss. from what everyone is seeing and saying it sounds like a trade up to me. yes he will make some rookie mistakes, but the upside sounds tremendous.

TT up/down, that will depend on his performance. as always "make the decision" tough on the coaches and DL. he is obviously a sniper, but it won't hurt him to play 3RW and learn to play better D. it will also possibly help ignite 13/28 on that line. the question then is what to do with 22? cant drop him down to 4RW, because they need 71 down there for the physical presence.

at this point i don't see a clear RW position for TT until JW is gone, or they go with a 11 - 77 - 10 line up down the middle. until either of these happen then the use of TT is likely a 'round peg, square hole' scenario.

TT (and possible trickle effect into other RW's), 4LW, WM, 2G and 6D are the biggest decisions obviously facing DL and DS over the next weeks. to me those are the questions marks in the line up

Whiskeypete is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.