HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Turnovers

Old
11-21-2006, 07:36 AM
tytech

vCash: 500
Turnovers

Is it just me or have the last two games been brutal? Esche is garbage, we all know that, but against San Jose it seemed as though every goal came off a defensive turn over while trying to leave the zone and/or bring it up ice. Esche must have been pissed.

I noticed it against SJ but then last night against the Pens I was shocked to see how many times Pitkanen did it. I couldn't believe it. This season is done. Not one player has any confidence. Even Forsberg loses the puck all the time. Teams know to get two guys on him asap. When Pitkanen, who's supposed to be our best skating and puck controlling defensemen coughs up the puck that many times in a span of 10 minutes we are in huge trouble. I am looking forward to unloading come trade deadline and getting top dollar for Knuble, Forsberg and any other "rental player". Heck I'm willing to bet we can rid ourselves of Hatcher too as part of a deal. Some team might take him if they get Forsberg. His experience alone at captaining a team to the cup has some value, even if he rides the pine.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 07:45 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Joni Pitkanen was absolutely terrible last night with the puck.

Someone behind me reffered to him as Pitkanen-nose

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:39 AM
mikedifr

One of the biggest problems, surprisingly the announcers pointed it out last night, is that we are missing the net too many times with our shots. This allows the other team to go on an offensive rush while our forwards are still trapped deep in the zone. We need to stop with the crazy slap shots and just dump it at the net.

If we got better in this area, there would be less odd man rushes at our end, and as a result maybe we have more time to get the puck out of the zone.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
One of the biggest problems, surprisingly the announcers pointed it out last night, is that we are missing the net too many times with our shots. This allows the other team to go on an offensive rush while our forwards are still trapped deep in the zone. We need to stop with the crazy slap shots and just dump it at the net.

If we got better in this area, there would be less odd man rushes at our end, and as a result maybe we have more time to get the puck out of the zone.
Getting faster defensemen might help.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 04:23 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
It would, but that doesnt help the forwards that are trapped around the net though. Now getting faster forwards may help

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 07:03 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
but only 2 of them are slow, oh so very slow

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 10:58 PM